Altium Limited Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Aram Mirkazemi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A GREAT place for self-directed, results-driven professionals"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Altium Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Go-getter, agile and UNIQUE culture
    Great benefits - flexible work/life options, lunch paid for from 5+ places (including healthy options 3 different places for great salads, order delivery to office, healthy snacks prepared at work everyday in afternoon)
    International coworkers
    A real opportunity to grow if you are in a growth-oriented position and have the work ethic
    Management 1:1's are common and encouraged
    There is a lot of effort put into growing strong agile teams

Overall it is the people that makes Altium great.

Plus HR is constantly coming up with new perks and programs it really is a place you feel happy and proud to be at.

Cons

I'm not paid as much as the CEO. . lol

But seriously, for a workplace this is a very special place. It is hard to pinpoint anything actually negative. I would say that a challenge is since the company is growing there are a lot of processes that are being scaled. Sometimes it involves extra effort on the front end to make sure everything is set up to scale - personally I enjoy the challenge and the results. However, I think this is difficult for anyone who might expect or prefer to be told exactly what to do. For the right type of employee, these are pros!

Advice to Management

There is a great mix of hands on leadership and direction as well as the flexibility to allow individuals to problem-solve and take ownership. I think the leadership style is effective and welcoming to scrappy go-getters who want to be a part of a growing business.

I would say, continue to do what you are doing - and doubly so for the HR perks. As lovely and appreciated as all the perks are - the best perks are always new perks - so thank you!

2. "Support Role"

Pros

Easy job, not a stressful environment

Cons

limited opportunities for growth at this company

3. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Altium Limited (Less than a year)

Pros

Selling a top tier software in the EDA industry that has great brand recognition. Company pays for lunch

Cons

Politics within the company. Company needs to recognize the current employees. Need better sales tools to allow sales personnel to hit quota.

Advice to Management

Conduct annual reviews for raises based on performance

"Marketing Assistant"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in La Jolla, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Altium Limited part-time

Pros

Great opportunities for people of all age. My favorite part about the job is the free lunch everyday. Management is very nice accommodating to school schedules, and personal needs. I enjoy the free goodies, nice office, friendly staff, adaptable work space, positive environment.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Nothing, employees are happy and well taken care of. Thank you!

5. "Rewarding for Sales careers"

Pros

You will reap what you sow here, great place to work if you're looking to work hard.

Cons

Management culture needs to scale better with the rapid growth of the company.

Advice to Management

Trim the fat

6. "Bad management"

I worked at Altium Limited full-time

Pros

00000 Oh yeah free chips and coke lol

Cons

You put up huge numbers with crumbs for pay. It's a joke what they say and what they do. Good product but very low talent selling it. All the managers I worked with came from shady backgrounds.

Advice to Management

GET Great managers cause the people on the floor are light years ahead of you.

7. "It's okay."

I have been working at Altium Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a lot of flexibility - many positions offer opportunities to work from home. Office supplies quality lunch and snack options.

Cons

A lot of positions don't have room to grow. Many people who are promoted from within mysteriously disappear shortly after. Either you fit in exactly with the culture here - or you don't. And if you don't, it sucks.

Advice to Management

Management needs better communication and better follow through

"Don't care about talent"

Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I worked at Altium Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family feel, people like hanging out with each other, at lunch or company gatherings. Nice office space, HR implementing cool wellness programs, good product, industry landscape is changing to the benefit of Altium.

Cons

The place is run by a group of old-timers/Mentor Graphics buddies/relatives, who have spent their entire careers there, rotating each other through all possible roles from sales to support to marketing. People with solid backgrounds and experience are not
    trusted. Trial and error re-orgs happen almost every quarter. Seen tons of really good people go, either leaving on their own because work is no challenge, or easily removed for whatever reason. No vision on product roadmap or what to do with the smaller divisions.

Advice to Management

Use talented people for what you hired them for
    Invest in the new people and support them

"FT Employee"

I worked at Altium Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Altium for more than 2 years. I must say it's SO OBVIOUS the reviews written by real employees and ones written by management to offset them. First, yes free lunch, nice facilities, and a good product.

Cons

-CEO and upper management are all from Tazmania. There is only a select few with stock options or have any real say on anything. If they disagree with you, you're gone.

-Turnover extremely high. They continue to rotate the sales people so they don't have to pay any residual commissions.
    - Very shady company where politics and back stabbing run the day. Not hard work and result

Run in a boot camp style mentality where weekly pressure puts unnecessary stress on sales reps forced to call and call and call to customers for a sale when their clearly not ready to buy. This upsets customers and long term potential business

Advice to Management

Sit down and think why you guys are stuck at 80 million and your competitors do billions, with the same starting point and an inferior product. Could it be you don't invest in your employees? Could it be you spend millions and millions on moving from Australia to China to US leaving millions on the table in unused properties and rent? Could it be the practice of secrecy, lying, and politics that is the back bone of the company? No actually I think it's the fact you spend so much time and money on new strategies, then in 3 months, change it again and again and aain

10. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in La Jolla, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Altium Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great knowledge and experience working with Altium. It helps you sell the product when you know it's the best software out there. You aren't just hustling people you are introducing them to something they may have never heard of. I am able to eat healthy food here and stick with my strict diet.

Cons

Pay is average or less. Upper management keeps hiring new employees while the ones who have been with the company for 1+ year have not seen an increase in salary even though "shares of the printed circuit board (PCB) design software company are up 173 per cent over the past two years."

Advice to Management

Keep your hard working lower employees happy because I don't know if you don't notice them, but the company is full of hard workers and people deserve to be paid what they are worth.