KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Altium Limited and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Altium, a great place to work for and hone your skills!

Jun 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The company provides generous benefits, competitive pay and I love the working environment. - Very approachable management that encourages you to voice out your thoughts and ideas. - When Covid hit, Altium's management adapted to the times and was able to have all its staff work from home and continue to be productive.

Cons

The company adapts to changes very quickly and if you are not flexible, it may not be the right fit for you. I personally do not find it a con but a challenge to stretch you to lengths you never thought possible and encourages you to get out of your comfort zone.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Jun 23, 2022 - Copywriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Have a great supervisor. Support is above and beyond. I work remotely so the team including the supervisor has made extra sides to be inclusive and deliver solid communication about my responsibilities.

Cons

Just nervous about the recession. I really like working for Altium. I hope to be working there for a long time.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great co-workers, Growing Company

Jun 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Altium offers lots of growth opportunities for those who are proactive and want to be here. Exciting product lines, you know you are working on products that make an impact in the world. Great benefits, time off and free snacks and lunch if you work in office. :)

Cons

If you want to be successful, you need to show up and be ready to engage with others, even if it means you need to take the initiative sometimes. It will be worth it.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with one major flaw

Jun 14, 2022 - Renewals Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, culture, peers all make for a great work environment!

Cons

NOT WOMAN FRIENDLY. ZERO ROOM FOR GROWTH. Altium does not offer maternity leave, nor do they have FMLA because of the number of people in the office. They seem to have no plans to offer maternity leave which seems unheard of. They don't really care about taking care of their female employees and they feel like it's punishment when expecting a baby that they have to take unpaid time off. It's a huge gap. They also need to work on a more competitive compensation package. It's a fun place to work, but the turnover is so high because they get you in the door and you are stuck the rest of your time there.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Altium LLC San Diego

May 26, 2022 - Human Resources Generalist in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work/life balance Great perks: good pay, free lunch, beautiful office, corporate gym, flexible office/work from home schedule You get to work with really smart people in a fast-paced industry Your teammates truly care about you on a personal level

Cons

Executive team not involved with the day to day at all. Hard to get them onboard when they don't have details.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company with amazing people

May 16, 2022 - Sales Manager in Frisco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Altium offers a clear career path with an opportunity for career advancement Pay and benefits are above average The product is great and recognized as a leader in the market The staff is supportive and understanding

Cons

Altium has grown significantly in my 4 years as an employee. As a result, cross functional relationships need to be recognized and built. This is typical with any company that has to learn to "breathe in" and "breathe out."

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent

May 10, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company, clear communicators, chance to shape culture

Cons

Freedom in a frame might not be for everyone.

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work -- Awesome Culture

May 4, 2022 - Business Intelligence Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Awesome Corporate Culture -Great work life balance -Amazing Team (kind and welcoming) -Great PTO and benefits

Cons

I can't think of any cons

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to learn and grow

Apr 25, 2022 - Global Sales Director in Frisco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Altium allows you to learn in a quick paced and every changing environment. You definitely have to be willing to work and grind everyday in a sales role to get the most out of the role, but with the effort comes great rewards.

Cons

Altium can be difficult for some people who are not adaptable to change or are not easily able to pivot. While Altium is looking to disrupt the EDA industry, things change constantly and we try new strategies to find out the way forward. A sales person needs to have the knack for pivoting quickly and learning as they go.

10. 4.0