Ambuja Cements Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ambuja Cements Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

3.2

Interview

campus placement

Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambuja Cements (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Interview process consist of two rounds
    1.HR interview for screening candidates.
    2.Technical rounds where they ask about basics of concrete technology.
    Normally they ask easy queations.
    The questions are asked from cement mainly and then concrete and its type. So kindlg prepare these thing beforw goin for interview

Interview Questions

• What are possible reasons for seepage in roof?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Interview

First is the written Exam to screen candidates after which there is a technical round followed by HR round.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bathinda (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambuja Cements (Bathinda (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Stage 1 : Aptitude test (general aptitude test, English, reasoning )
    Stage 2 : GD ( 20% get through this stage, topic will be general like current affairs)
    Stage 3 : PI ( confidence is the key, )

Interview Questions

• It will be general like they will ask for current topics for awareness.
      In technical Iron-carbon diagram they will ask.
      Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andheri (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ambuja Cements (Andheri (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

One needs to contact the HR first. Once it is done they will ask for your CV and latest exam transcripts. In case they find your CV interesting, you will receive an email from them about the interview date.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

There were two rounds of interview. One with Unit Head and final with Business Head.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to relocate to so far away from your city?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambuja Cements (Mumbai (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was campus recruitment consisting three rounds. Written test having ratio of 60-40 for aptitude to technical questions, with negative marking of 50%. GD topic was based on current topic, no need to get loud and fight someone particular just defend your point and conclude if asked. Nest was personal interview which was pure technical.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ambuja Cements (Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

On Campus recruitment NIT Raipur
    (Aptitude + Technical) Written. Basic of concrete technology . IS 456 code . Concrete code . Apptitude quantitative and visuals.
    Group Discussion GD Topic - Foreign Direct Investment .
    Interview. Basic Concrete technology, Bending moment and shear force diagram , Soil mechanics basic

Negotiation

No negotiation as campus recruitment drive

Engineer Instrumentation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ambuja Cements (Ahmedabad (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Written test (totally covered Gate Question related to instruments & electronics aswell power electronics) + PI @LD Engineering college,
    1) Gujarat's All top four college student gathered @LD engineering college and happen Written test
    2) It's Campus drive placement, Written test followed by PI and HR round

Interview Questions

• Basics of all kind of working principle of sensors, RTD, thermo-couples, basic types of communication.
      1) what is difference between sensors and transducers
      2) why do u want join cement company in R&D field and scope ?
      3) Explain any project related to instrument control ?
      4) there is no any question on c/c++
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There is campus drive so no negotiation and other thing is happen.

Sales, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ambuja Cements (Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Well for the starters I had 2 phase interview. The initial was at the plant with the GM of HR itself and the other half was with the Marketing Head of the Eastern Region at Kolkatta, as I am working under Eastern region.
    The interview with GM HR and Marketing Head was fantastic and there were very informative as well as very friendly. There way of communication was excellent and straight.

Interview Questions

• You are from white collar business and in this job you have deal with those people who are really ill-literate. Will you be able to handle them ?   1 Answer
    • You are from different background i.e. you had worked as a content writer, then you have worked as technical recruiter and after that SBM(Senior Business Manager). How will you cope up in this field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation didn't got well as I had planned to be because I failed to negotiate well with them as there were straight with there point and were rigid with there compensations.