Amdocs Senior Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amdocs (Seattle, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

I'm speaking about the Seattle office, former QPass!!!

The first of all I got a phone interview, on the beginning some simple questions after that some more difficult. For example: we have 2 computers with very-very-very slow connection (1 kbit per second), on the both of them we have 100 000 gb files and we need to check are these the same or not.

After 7 days I got a F2F interview. Very polite and friendly - I was impressed: it was not an interview; it was more likely just technical conversations with friends. 7 persons, 45 min with each other, 30 min lunch break, but I was not tired at all.

Pretty smart questions, did not ask API or something like that, one guy asked some tricky API questions that's it. All others would like to take a look how you are thinking. For example: create a date model according entities, or extend application for improving performance etc.

So I cannot say was it difficult or not: there were not only answers for these questions.

The office. They work in not big rooms, 5-8 guys for each. I prefer cubicles, but it's just my point of view.

The rate: 45 USD/H. Not so big, it's less then in Vancouver, BC, Canada (I’m from there) and much less then in Toronto, ON, Canada or Calgary, Edmonton, AB, Canada. I don't know why, probably now the job market is pretty slow and they try to hire for small money.

One more thing: they said they don't have interviews with more than one person on the same time, or they like a candidate and hire him or try next one. Unfortunately they did like me. Probably it's just because I'm from Canada and they did not trust I'm going to work for them for a long time. It seems to be they hire for a contract and after that hire as employee. Probably they had another concern, I don't know.

But anyway I would like to work for them, I was pretty sad when they rejected me.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• we have 2 computers with very-very-very slow connection (1 kbit per second), on the both of them we have 100 000 gb files and we need to check are these the same or not.   1 Answer
  • Extend application for improving performance   1 Answer