Amec Foster Wheeler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2018

2.5

Junior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turkey, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Turkey, TX).

Interview

İt was a pre-interview by using Skype (not display only voice). ın ınterview, they ask general information for your background for HR and after 20 min. 1 process engineer joined to us. He ask some technical question about chemical engineering process like Distillation column

Interview Questions

• can you decrease one liquid temprature fromm 100oC to 20 oC but room temprature is 25 oC   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Great experience with interviewer. Internal lateral move but was great to be considered. Was shown by tour of facility. Very relaxed environment. Although I did not get the position.

Internship Interview

Interview

Spent 6 hrs at the office alongwith 20 other interviewees. Was served food and had to attend a lot of lectures. Interview happened at the end of the day for just 30min. It went well and they seemed happy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

had a very friendly phone call Interview for about 30 min. Talked about my relevant experiences and projects in my resume. It wasn't a very tough interview but I was told more that 250 people applied for the same position. Unfortunately I didn't even get a chance to present my case as they hired someone even before conducting a technical interview, All I had was H.R Telephonic round.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk them through my resume and mostly discussed about what I;m expecting and what they were offering.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

Interview

They contacted me for the interview and made things happen fast. When they find a good candidate they act fast. Had a offer in writing in less then a week.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions for me, everything went very smooth.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

Interview

I first interviewed in person, then a second interview on the phone. They were fairly straight forward with telling me what I needed to do. I met them through my university and the process went on after that. The interviewers were very easy to work with when it came to scheduling an interview and working with my schedule.

SharePoint Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Greenville, SC) in March 2008.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a national recruiting firm who had not placed anyone with employer in job location. The recruiter data mined LinkedIn for my skill set and retrieved my profile. I was screened by two recruiters via email and phone. A technical phone interview was arranged for three days later on Monday. The technical phone interview lasted about an hour and the interviewer recommended me to the hiring manager. A 1:1 interview with the hiring manager took place three days later. The hiring manager spent the morning with me discussing responsibilities of the position and where the department fit into the company's objectives and vision. I was the job that morning and we arrived at a mutually agreeable salary with no negotiation. Unfortunately, the next two weeks were spent parrying with the recruiting agency who did not have a valid recruiting contract with the employer. I was left with an overall negative impression of the recruiting agency because of the actions of its representatives.

Interview Questions

• Why are you willing to leave your present position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate with the employer. I was told that because of the date of hire the salary and benefits would be "set" for eighteen (18) months. The offered salary was mutually agreeable and the company benefits met my expectations.

I was forced to fight for every scrap with the recruiting agency who did not want to pay me the salary mutually agreed to by the hiring manager and myself. I believe the lack of a signed agreement between the hiring company and the recruiting agency tempted the recruiter to behave unprofessionally. I was offered a lowball hourly wage with defined-limit benefits by the recruiter for the six month contract employee term. I was able to negotiate a 25% higher hourly wage by determining the value of the benefits and dumpng them in lieu of higher hourly wage. The recruiter agreed to the higher wage and reluctantly sought approval from his management. Suffice it to say that he was unable or unwilling to negotiate anything further. In the end, I thought the recruiter negotiation was unprofessional and amateurish.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Face to Face interview with 3 people of the organization. You interview each person 1 at a time. Each person would interview for 20-30 minutes. FIrst, you interview with HR then the hiring manager and lastly the director of the department.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Very informal. I sat down with three different people in consecutive meetings. The direct manager, the department manager and the overseeing executive. The whole process took about 45 minutes and I received an offer for employment two or three days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experiences, etc. No behavioral questions or anything similar   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

One to Two interviews, possibly on the phone, and then with an interview panel. The selection happens shortly after if they are interested. Be specific on your resume. Be prepared to work extra hours and balance your billable time.

Negotiation

nothing was open for negotiation. Asking for an increased salary was denied.