Amec Foster Wheeler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.5

Junior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turkey, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Turkey, TX).

Interview

İt was a pre-interview by using Skype (not display only voice). ın ınterview, they ask general information for your background for HR and after 20 min. 1 process engineer joined to us. He ask some technical question about chemical engineering process like Distillation column

Interview Questions

• can you decrease one liquid temprature fromm 100oC to 20 oC but room temprature is 25 oC   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

Quick and simple, too easy. I met with two Sr managers then briefly with the branch manager. Seemed very unofficial and got an offer two days later.

Survey Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very professional with a one on one interview with my supervisor, who brought me around the office explaining how they do things with hands on and introducing me to most if not all of the upper management

Interview Questions

• Where i see myself in five years.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX).

Interview

-HR screening on the phone
    -Panel interview with 4 senior engineers
    at the beginning all questions are behavioral and later on you have to expand on your work experience. After that the panel start with technical question more related to the job you will be performing and how that is related to what you have done.
    - Interview/ selection process might take 1 month or less depending on the companies current staffing needs.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about you
      - What do you know about the company?
      - Why do you want to work with the company?
      - Do you know about the process liscences the company is known for?
      - What type of process design have you done?

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Chandler, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received a call from their recruiter about a week later. The conversation went well with the recruiter, and she wanted to have me meet the team in Chandler. I interviewed with their marketing proposal manager and another coordinator, as well as their Office Manager and Lead for the West Region. The interview went well, and they asked me questions for about 2.5 hours (this was really long!). The coordinator who participated in the interview was very sarcastic, made some side comments that didn't seem to give me an overall good impression of the team, and complained a lot about having a lot of work to do. I asked them all to tell me what they would change about their positions and why. All of them said nothing. I thought this was interesting that none of them could think of a way to grow their current positions. Afterwards, they had me complete grammar test and asked me to recreate a graphic on the proposal manager's computer using an Adobe program of my choice.

A few days later they contacted my references (I gave them four, all previous supervisors whom I worked closely with) and all of my references let me know they were contacted. They told me one question asked by the recruiter was "what is one of their faults?" I don't know why they would ask a reference to say something negative about the applicant, and it immediately made me think twice about whether I'd want to work for a company that would ask that to a reference.

A few days later a received a call from a previous coworker, whom I did not list as a reference, saying that she was contacted by them and that they were contacting another previous coworker, who I did not end on the best of terms with. I gave them four references to contact, but they went outside of my list and started to call other people whom I didn't list. I knew this would not be the company for me, and I received a call a couple days later letting me know they went with another applicant.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well under pressure and short deadlines?   Answer Question
    • What is your desired work schedule and would you be okay with a varying schedule depending on the deadlines?   Answer Question
    • What level from 1-10 are you comfortable working with the following programs: Microsoft Word, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign?   Answer Question
    • The office is closed between the Christmas and New Years' holidays, and there is a "leave-without-pay" (unless otherwise approved) period between these two days. Is that okay?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have as a proposal coordinator?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with in house recruiter followed by in person interview. In person interviewed began early with several Manager of Projects, then Operations Manager and followed by meetings with Discipline Department Managers. Durations was about six to seven hours including lunch.

Interview Questions

• Reviewed resume. No real difficult questions. Seems like they were more interested in whether I fit their culture.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

Interview

Straight forward and based on technical, behavior and conflict management questions.
    The process was phone screening Interview which was really basic and took 20-25 minutes. A week later I received a call for Face to Face Interview which lasted for 1 hrs. I received the offer, signed up the paper but demob took longer than expected.

Interview Questions

• Q1: What would you look for when you read PID?
      Q2: What is an equipment list, and what do you include in it?
      Q3: How refinery or Gas plant process ( in general).
      Q4: How do you compare the budget , cost variance and ability to read S-curve.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Advice #1, Do not under estimate yourself when it comes to Salary. You need to be aggressive as if you get a job your salary may not change for the next 3 years (Specially if you are working on a long project). Life get expensive but your salary remain the same. GOOD BONUS Though.

Air Quality Monitoring Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Gainesville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Contacted by phone 2 weeks after applying for basic phone interview. Set up a face to face interview with the Project manager, field operations manager and data analyst manager which lasted about one hour. Contacted within a week to come back for second interview. Second interview included the same 3 mangers, as well as office manager, quality assurance manager and assistant field operation manager. Second interview lasted roughly an hour and a half followed by a tour of the office and lab as well as lunch with Assistant manager and an employee in the position I was applying for. It was a very straight forward and friendly process that involved basic questions about education, skills and interest in project/job.

Interview Questions

• Asked specific question pertaining to my education and resume.
      What interests you in this project?
      Asked questions pertaining to my technical skills and experience with calibrating/maintaining ambient monitoring and meteorological systems.
      Explain a difficult technical situation you have come across and how you handled the situation.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed last week for a summer intern in Phoenix office .Received a phone call after several weeks of application. The receptionist made the phone call and told the there would be a phone interview in 2 days and it will last for 15mins. 2 days later two engineers called and interviewed me . I was been told if I did not receive any call back by the end of the day I do not need to wait anymore.

The interview is easy and the two engineers are friendly.

Interview Questions

• 1.What are you doing at the company you working at?
      2.Have you even taken any business related class?

Geologist Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the employer when I submitted my resume. The employer asked me to come in for an interview. I came in, interviewed and received an offer in the next week. I enjoyed the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience. Why do I want this position?   1 Answer