Amec Foster Wheeler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.5

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Phila, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial Interview consisted of a 2 hour interview with the engineering manager, lead process engineer, and process engineer. Entire staff was friendly and willing to answer all of my questions. My final impression was that it is a quality place to work.

Interview Questions

• Give a basic overview of your background leading to where you are now.   Answer Question

Staff Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler in August 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. I had a phone call with a couple of senior geologists at the office. I was asked questions about my interests in the field and a couple of others about my skills

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler.

Interview

Interview was very pleasant. All staff were thoughtful and professional. There appears to be an amicable company culture, and a good emphasis on work-life balance. Unfortunately, I did not receive the position I interviewed for, but as far as very large companies are concerned, they appear to be very environmentally conscientious and are truly committed to following best practices.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Portland, ME) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from recruiter first, then from a panel recruiting into their team. Waited more or less a week to two weeks before coming in for a face to face interview. The whole interview process was really positive and felt like I'd fit in really well. Waited a month or so before receiving a "no" first then was called by another recruiter for an additional screening. Was offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges that you facing in your current role?   Answer Question
    • How can you apply your skills from your experience in the position that we're offering?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

had a very friendly phone call Interview for about 30 min. Talked about my relevant experiences and projects in my resume. It wasn't a very tough interview but I was told more that 250 people applied for the same position. Unfortunately I didn't even get a chance to present my case as they hired someone even before conducting a technical interview, All I had was H.R Telephonic round.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk them through my resume and mostly discussed about what I;m expecting and what they were offering.   Answer Question

Junior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turkey, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Turkey, TX).

Interview

İt was a pre-interview by using Skype (not display only voice). ın ınterview, they ask general information for your background for HR and after 20 min. 1 process engineer joined to us. He ask some technical question about chemical engineering process like Distillation column

Interview Questions

• can you decrease one liquid temprature fromm 100oC to 20 oC but room temprature is 25 oC   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

This was an interview for an entry level position. Phone call interview, they asked about previous work history and willingness to relocate.They answered all my questions. They were very friendly .

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

Quick and simple, too easy. I met with two Sr managers then briefly with the branch manager. Seemed very unofficial and got an offer two days later.

Survey Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very professional with a one on one interview with my supervisor, who brought me around the office explaining how they do things with hands on and introducing me to most if not all of the upper management

Interview Questions

• Where i see myself in five years.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amec Foster Wheeler (Houston, TX).

Interview

-HR screening on the phone
    -Panel interview with 4 senior engineers
    at the beginning all questions are behavioral and later on you have to expand on your work experience. After that the panel start with technical question more related to the job you will be performing and how that is related to what you have done.
    - Interview/ selection process might take 1 month or less depending on the companies current staffing needs.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about you
      - What do you know about the company?
      - Why do you want to work with the company?
      - Do you know about the process liscences the company is known for?
      - What type of process design have you done?   Answer Question