Ameresco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2017

3.3

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ameresco (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Telephone screen and then in person interview with 2 employees. The HR Director asked good questions about experience, skills, sources used and told me about the company and current needs and recruitment process. I believe all good companies are able to recruit with their reputation and with referrals. When you have to source by calling people at work, it is a very desperate effort.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about calling in to other companies to recruit?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ameresco.

Interview

Was interviewed in a meeting room with four people. Asked about why I am interested in the position. Asked about previous experience in the field and what kind of environment I work best in. After the interview, was notified of their offer and it took approximately 30 days from that point to begin the position after background checks, etc.

Engineering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ameresco.

Interview

Straightforward. Just questions about past experience. Questions about by references. Turns out they did past employers to learn about me. Asked me what I would do if I didn't know how to do something. I said I would try to figure it out first and than if I needed assistance still I would talk to somebody that knew.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what commissioning is about   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Engineering Assistant Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameresco (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was made by branch manager a week after submitting my resume to set-up an in-person interview. While I waited for my interview with the branch manager, the HR department emailed me background check consent forms to sign and fax back and scheduled a phone interview with me. I first had my phone interview with HR and a couple days later I met with the branch manager. Three days after my interview with the branch manager, the branch manager notified me via email that I had been selected for the internship and that HR would be sending me an official offer letter soon. A week went by before I received the offer letter (the branch manager called to inform me of the delay). It took 4-weeks for the entire process.

*NOTE: HR was contacting me from HQ in MA while the branch was in Oak Brook, IL.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: "Describe yourself using adjectives."
      Most difficult question: The famous "Why should I hire you?"
      1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ameresco (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable and friendly. They specifically asked me about how my prior work experience could be applied in a client-facing position. They also asked me about my technical skill-set and if I would be willing to put in hard work and tough hours since there would be a sharp learning curve. My one complaint would be how long it takes to get back to people. Sometimes it takes 4-6 weeks to hear back at all.

Interview Questions

• What skills could you bring to the Project Management position?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameresco (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

There were 2 interviews in the process. I initially met with the person who would be my supervisor and then the 2nd was with the Vice Presidents (3). Each had prepared questions provided by HR.

Interview Questions

• What are the skills you can bring to this position? What are things you would be able to improve?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameresco in January 2010.

Interview

Spoke to them on the phone and then travel to a regional office to be interveiwed by 4 members of the branch office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
    • tell us about the bestest thing you've ever done   1 Answer