American Fidelity Assurance Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Security Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very nerve racking at first, but Chris, the Security Operations Manager was very welcoming. He answered my questions very detailed and passionately. He made the company seem very homey and a great place to work.

Interview Questions

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Oct 17, 2018 – Talent Management Team

Thank you for your interest in American Fidelity, and for providing your feedback on the interview process!

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

Very bad. A "panel" of pathetic people who relished making you look bad. They were poorly prepared, not at all interested in what I had to say and were clueless about the role they were interviewing me for.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you used to overcome a difficult situation, etc. Nothing that pertained to the job at hand.   1 Answer

May 24, 2017 – Talent Management Team

Our initial screening process checks to see if the candidate has the basic skills for the position. Our in-person interviews focus on finding a culture fit and on soft skills, including things like... More

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Very easy process, one phone interview, and one in person interview. Just be yourself, everyone at the company is extremely friendly and family oriented. They usually hire you on as a intern or temp before getting a full time offer.

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Interview

One phone interview and then one on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions for a training specialist position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Columbus, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

It is a lengthy process, let's start with that. But that's because they're not just hiring anyone like many insurance companies will do. They hire the best available people and those people need to fit the core desires of the company and they need to pass thorough background checks.

Interview Questions

• They didn't just ask about experience, but they asked how your experience will help coming into this job.   Answer Question

Sep 24, 2015 – Talent Management Team

Thank you for the feedback on our hiring process!

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

The interview process was definitely more lenthy than I have ever seen. After going through the process I understand why, you're sitting in a school each day around child and the company spends a few hundred thousand to train you in the first two years alone. It was a process that I would go through again to get the job.

Interview Questions

• How to handle the ability to adapt   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

It was long--nearly 4 months. I went to a job fair out of town. No one was there--it was cancelled and no one informed the hotel. Through the recruiter, I was put in contact with the Regional Director. I gave her my resume. I had a phone interview. I was told that they were highly selective and that they use the long interview process to weed out candidates. Afterwards, I received an email stating that they'd like to move forward with me. I was given an official application and skills test. Once those were completed, they had a third party review my information. They asked me for copies of my W2s for the past 5 years. After that, I was asked for a face to face interview with the Regional Manager. That went very well. Later that night, I received an email that stated they wanted me to meet the Vice President. I had that interview a little over a week later. The interview was very positive. The VP told me I'd hear from the Regional Manager in the next week or two about setting up a job shadow. I was warned that due to it being the year-end, it might take a while to get scheduled. The job shadow didn't happen. I called various times to get updates. The regional manager would not return my calls or emails. After about 3 weeks of waiting, I finally got ahold of the new regional manager. He got in contact with the original person, and she finally contacted me. She told me that the corporate office was holding off hiring for that position for 3-6 months. The next day, I received a letter in the mail stating that they had filled the position. I called the Regional Director to ask about this. He put me on a three-way call with the State Manager (former Regional Director). This was possibly the most negative part of the experience. Neither of them could seem to get their story straight, nor would they admit that directly that the process was misleading. They kept blame shifting by using statements like "I'm sorry you feel that way."

Interview Questions

• They asked about my sales experience. Most of the questions were relatively easy. It's more the process that's exhausting.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Interview

The process was lengthy or thorough. They seemed very concerned about not just hiring anyone. They have a culture that they want to maintain and they want to ensure that the individuals they hire will maintain that culture. Although a lengthy process, it made me feel as if I had already accomplished something by getting the job. It impressed me to know that everyone who I worked with had to go through a similar process of background check and review.

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Sales skills will be evaluated but any signs of aggressiveness will be frowned upon. You are interviewing for a consultative sales position, not a used car sales position. You need to sell while delivering the perception that it was the customer’s decision to buy 100%. Also, don’t be scared off by the initial salary. Your base plus initial (practically guaranteed) bonuses will be around $40k but you will be earning commission from the start and can reach $75k base plus minimum $75k bonuses (at quota which is not hard to hit) by just hitting your numbers. $150-$200k+ career salary is not an unreasonable expectation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, set base to start.

Aug 11, 2014 – Talent Management Team

Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome to the American Fidelity family!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company in June 2009.

Interview

Met at a hotel for 5 min. interview?? Not very impressive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Cleveland, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit lengthy because they do some extensive research on their potential employees. We only work in schools, so they want to make sure they're bringing in high character people to represent the company. It started with a couple phone conversations with the state manager, followed by a face to face meeting. After that, there was some paperwork to fill out and a final interview with a regional manager, who offered the job. The whole process took about a month and a half.