American Fidelity Assurance Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Started through a temp agency. My first supervisor was very professional and asked appropriate questions. The agency did the pre-interview and was very thorough. It included skills testing and 1:1 questions regarding what I was looking for and what I could provide for the company.

Anonymous Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted to interview with the hiring manager. Met with potential team members. Discussed experience with software and some of the tasks for the job. Interviews were selling the company's cultural to me pretty hard. Afterwards HR got in touch and then failed to communicate or multiple occasions when I was given specific dates for a decision.

Education Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an in-person interview with the local sales manager and the state sales manager. This was a scheduled appointment time held at a local Hilton Garden Inn. Imagine my surprise when I showed up for my interview to see six other individuals waiting for interviews. I spoke with a few of them; a couple had appointments like me (running over an hour behind schedule), the others were walk-ins who were contacted by the recruiter. The recruiter was actually there as well, but had to leave due to some "scheduling conflict"...talk about stating the obvious. Although before he left, he gave me a lame apology for the wait and assured me that the Manager will only be spending 5 minutes with the others and probably 30 minutes with me. Of course, that did not happen. My impression was that the manager was thoroughly burned out by that time and just met with me to check the box.
    I have over 25 years experience in various sales management roles interviewing potential candidates on a regular basis and I would never treat those individuals with this kind of disrespect who took time from their daily schedule to meet me .
    I see responses from the company on other posted reviews, so I know this forum is monitored. Please get some standardized policies in place to avoid this kind of disaster in the future.

Interview Questions

• Three minutes looking at my resume that could have been done without me sitting there. No questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

I Applied online and got a call a few days later to set up an interview but played phone tag for a couple of days. When I got there I Spent an hour talking to two managers in person.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions about my personal life and things I enjoyed   1 Answer

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Apr 18, 2016 – Talent Management Team

We are in the process of changing some of our positions to Customer Advocacy positions with new job descriptions. We still offer numerous career development resources and opportunities and encourage ... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

It was long--nearly 4 months. I went to a job fair out of town. No one was there--it was cancelled and no one informed the hotel. Through the recruiter, I was put in contact with the Regional Director. I gave her my resume. I had a phone interview. I was told that they were highly selective and that they use the long interview process to weed out candidates. Afterwards, I received an email stating that they'd like to move forward with me. I was given an official application and skills test. Once those were completed, they had a third party review my information. They asked me for copies of my W2s for the past 5 years. After that, I was asked for a face to face interview with the Regional Manager. That went very well. Later that night, I received an email that stated they wanted me to meet the Vice President. I had that interview a little over a week later. The interview was very positive. The VP told me I'd hear from the Regional Manager in the next week or two about setting up a job shadow. I was warned that due to it being the year-end, it might take a while to get scheduled. The job shadow didn't happen. I called various times to get updates. The regional manager would not return my calls or emails. After about 3 weeks of waiting, I finally got ahold of the new regional manager. He got in contact with the original person, and she finally contacted me. She told me that the corporate office was holding off hiring for that position for 3-6 months. The next day, I received a letter in the mail stating that they had filled the position. I called the Regional Director to ask about this. He put me on a three-way call with the State Manager (former Regional Director). This was possibly the most negative part of the experience. Neither of them could seem to get their story straight, nor would they admit that directly that the process was misleading. They kept blame shifting by using statements like "I'm sorry you feel that way."

Interview Questions

• They asked about my sales experience. Most of the questions were relatively easy. It's more the process that's exhausting.   Answer Question

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

I responded to an ad by a recruiter and met with her. She described the position and stated she thought I was a match. I got a call back from her about 2 weeks later. We set up the interview she sent me a link to a call center test. The recruiter never sent me a confirmation on the interview so I thought it was off. We rescheduled for the next day. The supervisors I spoke with didn't seem interested at all. The older person never made eye contact and wasn't listening to anything I was saying. I explained early on that I was attending school working on an accounting degree and later on I advised them that at the college the didn't teach benefits because the considered it human resources. The older person stated "What are you talking about school"? So, she wasn't listening.

Interview Questions

• They asked about why I missed the first interview?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was thorough, pending extensive background checks and employment verification. The interview was smooth and relatively short. In the interview I was told the company was experiencing exciting new changes with lots of new opportunities to climb the ladder into new leadership positions.

Interview Questions

• Can you see yourself taking full advantage of opportunities for advancement within the company?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Interview

The process was lengthy or thorough. They seemed very concerned about not just hiring anyone. They have a culture that they want to maintain and they want to ensure that the individuals they hire will maintain that culture. Although a lengthy process, it made me feel as if I had already accomplished something by getting the job. It impressed me to know that everyone who I worked with had to go through a similar process of background check and review.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back within 3 days. I spoke with a recruiter who was impressed by my resume and how familiar I was the company products and experience I had already pertaining to the job I applied for. The recruiter went into great detail what they were looking for and was very informational about all aspects of the culture of the company, the job and benefits (pay) etc. I was set up to interview with the hiring manager for the department that I would work for. The interviewer did not ask the basic interview questions. They wanted to know more about my work experience and how that would commiserate with the job I was seeking. I loved how the interview was done, we were both very engaged and it went well. This company is absolutely obsessed with "their culture" and it's for good reason. They have a lot to bring to your life as a perspective employer and they want to know that you are bringing just as much to the table. I was contacted two days after the first interview to come back in for the group interview with my potential teammates. The hiring manager made it very clear that their opinions were valued as much as anyone else's. During this interview, I got a better feel for the job and the company from the folks in the trenches. They were all down to earth and very informative as well. One of them went as far to say that you just want to get your foot in the door because once you're in, there is so much you can do after that point- the sky is the limit! I left that interview with a good feeling and wanting the position that much more because the picture being painted for me was a pretty one. The process for hiring alone made me feel good about the job that I was seeking. I got an email within 2 hours requesting that I submit a background check! That I would have to say was the most tedious part for me. I've never had any issues with a background check ever, and their background company could not find a lot of my info and I felt like I was doing the work for them. Over the next week, I had to dig up all kind of paperwork and send it off. Even though their background check felt a bit intrusive, I am still happy that I applied and got the job. Awesome experience overall and I would recommend that if you see an opening do as I was told, get your foot in the door! All in all the process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about 12 weeks training and how long has your other training been in the past?   1 Answer

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Aug 3, 2015 – Talent Management Team

Thank you for your feedback!

Account Manager-Educational Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company in July 2015.

Interview

Initial interview at recruiting event. Recruiter briefly talked to me, then sit down interview with district manager who was joined by regional manager. Interview flowed well, questions were standard, personalities clicked. Contacted by district manager about a week later. He told me I was a fit and to complete online test, application, and background check. DM called a week later to schedule final hiring interview for the following week. Received email saying we would set up time for interview, day was set, but not time. Couldn't get a response after two requests for interview time. Never heard from DM so I tried to email him twice. Recruiter had to contact him to get him to respond at all. He sent me the generic, "moved in another direction" email. SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND EXTREMELY RUDE!! AF BASICALLY WASTED 6 WEEKS OF MY LIFE!!! All of my background was clear. Still don't know what happened.

Interview Questions

• Standard-questions about past work experience
      They were mostly trying to get a sense of my personality.
      Answer Question