American Fidelity Assurance Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Fidelity Assurance Company Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.5

Data Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company.

Interview

Submitted my resume and application, led to an invite to their headquarters for an interview. The interview was smooth and easy. Had two people ask me questions and have a genuine conversation with them about more than just the job and about their experiences and advice about careers and what working at American Fidelity was like.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Norman, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

One on-campus 30 minute interview where they talked most of the time. I said one thing that he liked, and I was the first interviewee of the day. It was pretty easy and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What project management experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Toledo, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. While I was tentative about the industry the recruiter was insistent that I interview. I was scheduled for an interview time within a week. The person I was to interview with was not available and another person was sent in the absence of the area sales manager. I was not asked many questions. My interviewer did most of the talking and even made a point to mentioned that they hire people of different ages and genders. The interviewer also mentioned that AFA did not have great luck hiring folks from my current industry because they didn't really know how to sell. Those weren't the exact words but that was my interpretation.

Immediately after my interview, I contacted the recruiter and declined moving forward.

Interview Questions

• How long is the sales cycle in your current position?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Very easy process, one phone interview, and one in person interview. Just be yourself, everyone at the company is extremely friendly and family oriented. They usually hire you on as a intern or temp before getting a full time offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Started through a temp agency. My first supervisor was very professional and asked appropriate questions. The agency did the pre-interview and was very thorough. It included skills testing and 1:1 questions regarding what I was looking for and what I could provide for the company.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company in September 2016.

Interview

Applying online and they'll contact you soon if they like your profile. You can apply for more than one role and may have 2-3 interviews on same day ragrding different positions. And they have multiple rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your project ? What's your favorite programming language? Etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted to interview with the hiring manager. Met with potential team members. Discussed experience with software and some of the tasks for the job. Interviews were selling the company's cultural to me pretty hard. Afterwards HR got in touch and then failed to communicate or multiple occasions when I was given specific dates for a decision.

Education Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Southfield, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an in-person interview with the local sales manager and the state sales manager. This was a scheduled appointment time held at a local Hilton Garden Inn. Imagine my surprise when I showed up for my interview to see six other individuals waiting for interviews. I spoke with a few of them; a couple had appointments like me (running over an hour behind schedule), the others were walk-ins who were contacted by the recruiter. The recruiter was actually there as well, but had to leave due to some "scheduling conflict"...talk about stating the obvious. Although before he left, he gave me a lame apology for the wait and assured me that the Manager will only be spending 5 minutes with the others and probably 30 minutes with me. Of course, that did not happen. My impression was that the manager was thoroughly burned out by that time and just met with me to check the box.
    I have over 25 years experience in various sales management roles interviewing potential candidates on a regular basis and I would never treat those individuals with this kind of disrespect who took time from their daily schedule to meet me .
    I see responses from the company on other posted reviews, so I know this forum is monitored. Please get some standardized policies in place to avoid this kind of disaster in the future.

Interview Questions

• Three minutes looking at my resume that could have been done without me sitting there. No questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

I Applied online and got a call a few days later to set up an interview but played phone tag for a couple of days. When I got there I Spent an hour talking to two managers in person.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions about my personal life and things I enjoyed   1 Answer

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Apr 18, 2016 – Talent Management Team

We are in the process of changing some of our positions to Customer Advocacy positions with new job descriptions. We still offer numerous career development resources and opportunities and encourage... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

It was long--nearly 4 months. I went to a job fair out of town. No one was there--it was cancelled and no one informed the hotel. Through the recruiter, I was put in contact with the Regional Director. I gave her my resume. I had a phone interview. I was told that they were highly selective and that they use the long interview process to weed out candidates. Afterwards, I received an email stating that they'd like to move forward with me. I was given an official application and skills test. Once those were completed, they had a third party review my information. They asked me for copies of my W2s for the past 5 years. After that, I was asked for a face to face interview with the Regional Manager. That went very well. Later that night, I received an email that stated they wanted me to meet the Vice President. I had that interview a little over a week later. The interview was very positive. The VP told me I'd hear from the Regional Manager in the next week or two about setting up a job shadow. I was warned that due to it being the year-end, it might take a while to get scheduled. The job shadow didn't happen. I called various times to get updates. The regional manager would not return my calls or emails. After about 3 weeks of waiting, I finally got ahold of the new regional manager. He got in contact with the original person, and she finally contacted me. She told me that the corporate office was holding off hiring for that position for 3-6 months. The next day, I received a letter in the mail stating that they had filled the position. I called the Regional Director to ask about this. He put me on a three-way call with the State Manager (former Regional Director). This was possibly the most negative part of the experience. Neither of them could seem to get their story straight, nor would they admit that directly that the process was misleading. They kept blame shifting by using statements like "I'm sorry you feel that way."

Interview Questions

• They asked about my sales experience. Most of the questions were relatively easy. It's more the process that's exhausting.   Answer Question