American Fidelity Assurance Company Reviews

Updated Feb 10, 2020

4.1
American Fidelity Assurance Company EVP, President and COO  Jeanette Rice
Jeanette Rice
Pros
  • "Get to work from home on days when not at a school(in 12 reviews)

• "Flexible, Great Benefits, amazing training tools, corporate support(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"My Dream Job!"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Jackson, MS

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Pay Great Benefits Travel Opportunities Working with Talented Professionals who are eager to share their knowledge and sales tips Focus on our Niche Market- we customize benefits at the employee AND Employer Level to provide coverage that matches need- ALWAYS a focus on needs-based sales! Opportunity for Advancement (fairly quickly based on results) Fair and Open-Minded Executive Leadership (focus on transparency) Consistent and top of the line training

Cons

Travel (fully disclosed in interview) may be a bit challenging for some at first until they realize that pay and benefits offset the travel. I considered the travel a great opportunity rather than a con-makes the job infinitely more interesting!

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-09-23

September 25, 2019Talent Management Team

Thank you for sharing!

2. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay structure, wonderful benefits and team driven environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2020-01-15

"High Turnover"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

American Fidelity provides training and the tools needed to sell their products.

Cons

The travel and work / life balance leave a lot to be desired. Account Reps are required to travel on their personal time - weekends, for the job.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2020-02-10

February 13, 2020Talent Management Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and that’s great to hear about our training and tools. Our turnover for sales positions was just 4.4% in 2019.

4. "Fair company to work for"

4.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, professional work environemt

Cons

Travel was a lot but I understood that at hiring

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-12-26

"State Manager"

Current Employee - State Manager in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Great benefits! Health, life, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), and many voluntary supplemental benefits. Opportunity for advancement for those who work hard and prove themselves. Company serves their customers well. Field roles are given all the tools they need to be successful and training is A+!

Cons

There are no cons to working for American Fidelity. Fantastic company for employees who are willing to work smart and keep balance in their lives.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-09-22

September 23, 2019Talent Management Team

That's great to hear! Thank you for your feedback!

6. "GPTW"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time

Pros

American Fidelity Assurance is a great place to work with many great benefits such as on-site gym, on-site cafe, extra time off, work from home options, great health insurance and performance bonus.

Cons

None that I can think of

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-09-19

September 19, 2019Talent Management Team

Thank you for sharing!

"Managers lack respect for employee"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Yes you do get a car to use, that was good. Training consisted of one week on school site enrolling less then 10 teachers. No time to learn their Annuity software. Learned it on the fly in front of a customer. Not good. Traveling was more than expected. Anticapate being out of town in Redding or other location for 6 days at a time then come home to leave out on Sunday for another week. Their base is very low, 35K, but you work 55 hours plus per week. Think it works out to $14 an hour for a seasoned experienced life agent.

Cons

The managers provided no employee handbook, nor provide what their red line rules are that could result in a termination or displinary action. When it happens there is no communication on the issue or problem, then you are placed on unpaid leave. Not even an email, text or letter of what happened to justify their actions. So expect to be thrown out to schools with little guidence, expectation, nor training for $14 an hour.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-09-26

October 1, 2019Talent Management Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand how important training is to a successful sales career. Our sales team is required to complete numerous training courses in the first five months, including: • Account Manager Fundamentals Handbook - 21 lessons reviewed and acknowledged with manager • Product guide (in-depth look at all product offerings) • 7 online product courses (1 hour each) • 5 online courses covering company information such as data security, compensation and your company car (30 minutes each) • 56 hours of live training (3 days on product, 2 days on company info, 2 days on sales methodology) • 4 hours of anti-fraud training Colleagues may receive additional training from their direct manager. Due to the learning curve, unlike many of our sales positions, we do offer a base salary, but sales Colleagues also earn monthly commissions, plus have opportunities for additional earnings through a consistency bonus program and sales contests.

"Fair"

Former Employee - Field Sales

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. No doubt, AF has done a fabulous job attracting good people and keeping them with the pay/benefits. Superior colleagues to work with because of stringent hiring process.

Cons

Culture. Unfortunately, AF has lost its way in putting profits ahead of clients/colleagues. Often times, scheduling is a disaster as things are determined last minute in the field. Which means work/life balance is difficult. Important to this role as the job itself is taxing and involves travel. That plus unnecessary increases in annual quota ensuring a cut in pay to benefit the company's bottom line.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-09-14

September 16, 2019Talent Management Team

Thank you for your feedback. As you noted, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent and creating an employer of choice environment for our Colleagues. This in turn helps us to focus on being a different opinion to our Customers and policyholders. That’s one of the reasons we still focus on providing in-person support and enrollment so that we can build relationships. We use the Challenger sales model to help us provide solutions that meet our Customers’ specific needs. Our products and services are designed specifically for the select industries we do business with.

9. "Representative"

4.0
    Current Employee - Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work Lots f opportunity

Cons

Lots of work Overtime Not good work life balance

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-09-13
  10. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a very flexible job.

Cons

There are no cons for this company.

American Fidelity Assurance Company2019-07-17