American Fidelity Assurance Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Bill Cameron

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work - Life Balance; dress for your day (in 6 reviews)

• Decent wages and good benefits for the employees (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • For a company that wants us to have work/life balance it is hard to make time when we are always forced to do mandatory overtime when things get busy (in 4 reviews)

• The position requires overnight travel, they were very upfront about that requirement in the interview process (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. Family friendly culture. Company genuinely cares about its colleagues and implements policies that reflect this.

Cons

Slow upward mobility. The company has been around a long time, attracts top talent and the talent stays and also grows conservatively. This means that upward mobility is slow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II Moderate in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family feeling environment. Provides materials, classes and training to move up at Company. Customer focused. Lots of extracurricular activities. Main office new building is very up to date. Dave C. is a great man to work for.

Cons

Management commotion. Typical office style life, always sitting, eye site worsens.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the person who does the best job is not the best to be a Lead for a team.

3. "Good place to work, not great place to work"

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Annual bonus and onsite perks

Cons

Wants to be an employer of choice, but Senior Management doesn't live the culture, values and brand

4. "Wonderful"

Current Employee - Customer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Great compensation, work from home opportunities, everyone’s cares about the work they are doing

Cons

Lack of communication between departments

5. "Retention Sales Rep."

Current Employee - Retention Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Retention Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses, benefits are good, ability to work from home, dress for your day, nice work environment, PTO, their vision of a company culture is good

Cons

Team Lead bullies good reliable workers out of their positions by firing them or making them pursue other job opportunities outside of the company. With this comes a lack of good training due to all the people who retained the knowledge being gone. The company does not look into the loss of good employees and continues to allow team lead to effect these things.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to look further into situations to prevent from losing knowledgeable and reliable workers due to poor leadership.

6. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Car, Some time off in January and July

Cons

Too many too mention them all; Inept managers with stories about how they got promoted, travel 6 days for months in a row, if you are not BFF with manager you WILL get the absolute worst accounts and struggle. Many reps will say and do anything to get a sale and do not have the best interest of the teachers and staff.
    Managers do not care about this- only their numbers and look the other way.

Advice to Management

You want people to believe you care then managers act completely different. This starts from the top down.

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Nov 1, 2017 – Talent Management Team

Many of our school enrollments involve a team of colleagues going into individual schools to meet the needs of our Customers. Our team-oriented approach helps us build long-term relationships as... More

7. "VP Venture Capital"

Current Employee - Venture Capital in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Venture Capital in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Work - Life Balance; dress for your day.

Cons

Insufficient supply of outside talent.

"Not the greatest experience."

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time

Pros

You get a company car that you can use for personal and business use. No personal expenses, the company pays for everything business related.

Cons

A lot of travel. Often you leave on Sunday afternoon and get home very late on Friday. Health insurance very poor considering this is an insurance company.

Advice to Management

Spend more time in the field with the representatives, there is a huge disconnect between the home office and field personnel. State managers are too busy putting out fires to be of much help.

American Fidelity Assurance Company Response

Aug 16, 2017 – Talent Management Team

I’m sorry to hear that American Fidelity wasn’t a great fit for you. I wanted to let you know that we do a have things in place to better connect home office and the field. Half of our support... More

9. "Manager"

I have been working at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time

Pros

I have worked for American Fidelity for almost 10 years. I love being part of a company that pays based on performance rather than gender. Opportunities to grow and advance are available for anyone that is willing and able to invest in their own future.

Cons

Travel can be extensive at times but I know this is something the company is working to try to fix.

"Account Rep"

Former Employee - Account Representative
    Former Employee - Account Representative

I worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, good field employees, car.

Cons

Moronic, totally top down, self serving management.

Advice to Management

Hey morons top down doesn't work. You're a joke.