American Marketing Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process with the AMA was a positive one from start to finish. I applied via LinkedIn and was then contacted to complete a video interview screening (to be completed in my own time) which was followed by a request for an in-person interview. They were flexible with interview times and clear about whom I'd be meeting with during the interviews so I had an opportunity to research and prepare. During the interviews, I met with four different people, all of whom I'd be working with (either reporting to or indirectly reporting to) which gave me a good perspective on the team and environment I'd be joining. After the interview, they gave me a timeline as to when I would hear back and they adhered closely to this schedule so there was no confusion. It was one of the more straightforward and efficient interview processes I've encountered.

Interview Questions

• Being a sales-based role, I was asked how I would prioritize the time I spent with specific clients and also how to handle when an offer is rejected.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This is a very professional and responsive team. They kept me updated throughout the process and responded quickly and thoroughly to any questions. The questions were very challenging and thoughtful. The organization seems to practice what they preach regarding their service leadership and their other corporate values.

The interview process started with a pre-screen one-way video via Spark Hire, next stage was a Skype interview, then several in-person interviews followed. The one-way video can be a bit intimidating, but there was plenty of time to think about each question before answering.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you were surprised by negative feedback. What was the feedback and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing Association (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview had three steps: a one-way pre-recorded interview, a phone interview with HR then a half day session with 4-5 employees. The one-way pre-recorded initial piece was a combination of behavioral, industry knowledge and personal quality questions, and I thought the hardest part of the interview - not softball "tell me about yourself" questions. The phone interview was a quick 25 minute walking through your resume with HR to highlight achievements and why changes in your career happened when/how they did. Finally the in-person was with 4-5 potential colleagues, asking a few behavioral questions and allowing lots of time for the candidate to ask them questions. I'm glad I prepared as many as I did! The whole process was VERY quick - I received a call to e-mail the afternoon I applied, and an offer was made in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to change minds of stakeholders - what was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Marketing Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

After submitting my resume for a position, I received an email roughly 3 weeks later asking me to complete a recorded job interview that was to be uploaded to a platform used for their recruitment. I received this email late on a Tuesday evening and the email asked I complete the task roughly within a 3 day period. After spending an hour trying to work through some issues the platform seemed to be having I happened to receive an email thanking me for my interest but that the position had now been filled. Please understand my actual interview was never completed and uploaded. I understand and respect the value behind automating these types of tasks but this is a great example of how the use of it sends the message to potential candidates that little respect is had for their time.

Interview Questions

• Was not able to get to any of the interview questions due to the technical issues the platform seemed to be having. The initial email stated that they recognized this was a new format that they were still becoming accustomed too.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing Association (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was three stage. The first was a link to a video interview which was something new but was easy to navigate. The second was a phone interview with the hiring manager and then finally was an on-site interview with the hiring manager and two members of the leadership team.

Interview Questions

• from memory - what was the biggest learning experience you've had in your career?   Answer Question

Product Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing Association (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a positive experience that began with a video screen, a phone interview, and then in-person interviews with the team. HR was responsive and informative throughout the process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Marketing Association (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I came in as a referral from having previously worked with the organization as a consultant so my interview process may have been a bit unconventional. I talked with the hiring manager first over a month or two while the job was being finalized. Then, I was funneled to HR and some other team members for in person meetings. HR was organized and thorough, giving me a schedule for the day of who I would be meeting and set expectations. I got a quick tour of the office and an overview of the organization structure. Each meeting with staff was professional and engaging and helped me to understand how the pieces fit together.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the AMA? How would you resolve the issue of 2 competing priorities between departments? What was an outcome from a previous project you've worked on that made you feel proud? What websites do you like and why?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing Association.

Interview

The first step is a video interview, which you record yourself answering the 4 questions. You get a minute to prep once you've seen the question then 2 minutes to record your answer.

Digital Production Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing Association in April 2015.

Interview

Received message for phone interview. Human Resources was the contact person. Asked questions about my current position, skills, continuing education and salary. Completed an online assignment, and submitted samples. Good communication with HR Representative, however did not receive position.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer that did not see eye to eye on your presentation of design?   1 Answer

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Marketing Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

The 1st review was a phone screen with the recruiter. Once I passed that screen the in-person interview was set up to meet with 4 people in 3 hours (it went over by 30 min).

The interview was with first the recruiter again who explained a lot about the company, culture, and role. The next interview was with who would be my manager, she didn't ask the prepared questions but spent the time explaining the role and what she is looking to accomplish which I was able to chime in as being able to do or have experience in doing.

The job description didn't state the role needed to know code but when that question was asked and I said "I have experience working very closely with the development team and translate technical requirements, though I am not a person who is able to manipulate code" the manager said "that's not a deal breaker". The last 2 interviewees asked you the typical, "How did you get a spot in the chair for this job", "What was you most challenging project? How did you overcome it", "How to you manage chaos?", etc. The interview concluded with an office walkthrough, which I always feel is a good sign of being a fit, but in this case, it was more about the rationale on how it was designed and an opportunity to show off their new office, which is very nice.