American National Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.4

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Galveston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

First the environment at the office in Galveston is both depressing and old fashioned. I felt as if I had been taken back in time to the 70s.

The interviewers lacked any personality. They just asked question after question and it felt as though they were going through the motions. The questions were prepared and they just selected from a list. They were also not prepared. It was obvious none of the interviewers had reviewed my resume before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed to ask for help on a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Typical phone interview, asked of my one year, five year goals. And what I expected from this career.
    I watched a twenty minute video explaining job requirements, and satisfaction ratio of current employees. It was simple, and almost effortless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Lawton, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. We sat down in an office and talked about what it is to be an American National insurance agent and what you would do in a normal sit down with client. The interviewer was a great guy who really cared to answer every question I had thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with making many phone calls a day as well as having sit down meetings with clients multiple times a week?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American National Insurance (San Bernardino, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy and comfortable. Met with sales manager and district manager at the same time. Both had shared what the company expectation was and that it was a heavy sales job.They asked how I felt talking with people in their homes and what my background was.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a life and health agent?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a University career fair. Within a week I had a phone screening. Then I had to take an excel test. Then in person interviews with the hr recruiter, the person you would work directly under, and then that person's boss. Finally you will have to pass a background screening and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sharepoint Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American National Insurance (League City, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

HR will coordinate with you through out the interview process, but they don't really inform the status. The hiring manager is very subjective and already have a candidate in his mind. Because master degree, previous experience, and certificate does not meet their requirement. Months later the hiring manager call and said the position is filled, but he encourage to continue to apply for other open position.

1. Interview with hiring manager
    2. Technical assessment
    3. Interview with AVP
    4. Interview with SVP

Interview Questions

• Majority is behavior question since, it is new position they don't really know what the specification or its' duty.
      1. Description how you handle difficult co-worker and customer
      2. How you handle aggressive dead line in a stressful environment
      3. How to work with difficult co-worker
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Talked to two managers and interviews went well. Took off work at current job to take tests which I paid for and do follow-up interviews. Then they had me take a personality evaluation and said my personality did not match what they were looking for... It was ridiculous.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Fairfax, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and really helped put the career in sharp focus. They discussed in detail what they sell, how they like to sell it and how you get paid. Also went over the candidate selection process and what to expect during each stage.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of success stories I had from prior sales positions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Brentwood, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

A series of 1 on 1 interviews with branch manager in the local office. Also met with executive manager. Both were extremely nice and accommodating. They do a great job of explaining their interview process.

Case Manager I Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call two weeks later. I had an interview with a woman in human resources. I was called about a week later for a second interview with her along with a general knowledge test and a drug test. Everything was on site.
    About one week later, I had an interview with the manager. I was offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation you were placed in with a customer due to an error on your part?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was set.