American National Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenmont, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Glenmont, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Very long and thorough.You met with HR, then with multiple managers from various departments to determine who wanted to hire you. The interview with management lasted 2-4 hours. They asked 50-60 questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the work place?   1 Answer

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenmont, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Glenmont, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Personality and behavior based questions utilizing the STAR process given by a panel. The panel included the Director of Operations and Managers with whom I'd be working. Great people.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest professional achievement?   1 Answer

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Springfield, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

like a conversation, a lot of behavioral questions, interviewed with 2 different people, phone interview first, had to take a skills test, lasted about 2 hours, asked a lot about customer service, situational questions

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Springfield, MO) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview was fine. Nothing unusual. A lot of questions about languages and programming methodologies. But in the end I think they are looking for someone who is smart and that they think will fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any question being particularly difficult or unusual. It was a pretty comfortable experience. Seem more like trying to get to know me more than to test my skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I think I should have asked for more money but I didn't.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American National Insurance.

Interview

Pretty standard questions read right off piece of paper.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Just questions about your strengths, weaknesses, past job experiences, etc.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Springfield, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through American National website after following link via Glassdoor. I was invited to a sit down interview at the corporate office where I met an HR representative, claims specialist lead and hiring manager. A very straightforward interview that lasted 45 minutes where I was asked to describe my background, my interests and for solutions to some hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you encountered conflict or a problem and how you navigated towards a solution.   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Springfield, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website, taking note of exactly what they wanted for this position. Initially participated in a phone interview, which took about thirty minutes, followed by pre-employment assessments and a three-hour, on-site interview. The process was relatively quick and painless, and they provided excellent communication during the application process.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to this position?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Springfield, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

First was a phone interview and then I was asked to come in for a 3 hour interview on site. I interviewed with 3 different people and also took a skills test on the computer for typing and Excel.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American National Insurance.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a University career fair. Within a week I had a phone screening. Then I had to take an excel test. Then in person interviews with the hr recruiter, the person you would work directly under, and then that person's boss. Finally you will have to pass a background screening and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American National Insurance (Springfield, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough - Expect behavioral based questions. You will most likely interview with a manager, someone else on the team you applied for, and HR. HR is very knowledgeable and will make you feel extremely comfortable with the process. They are very open-door when it comes to any questions you might have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to change your schedule to help a peer?   Answer Question