American Nurses Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Nurses Association Interview Questions

Interviews at American Nurses Association

2.6

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Nurses Association in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email after submitting my application online. We set up a date and time for a phone interview. The interviewed lasted about 15 minutes and the questions were straight forward and related to the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Nurses Association (Silver Spring, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I came in as a temporary employee and had a phone interview with two people before a decision was made. Both interviewers were friendly and provided a brief overview of the organization as a whole, not too much about the position was offered. The conversations both lasted about 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions that include what I have done and what I am comfortable doing.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I interviewed at American Nurses Association (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-minute first round phone interview. There weren't a lot of questions - the questions mostly focused around getting to know me better as a person. There were some behavioral questions as well. I wasn't asked to go over my past work history/experience. I was not asked to come in for a second round interview.

Apparently, there is a union at ANA and this would be a union position. My understanding is that my potential manager would not be part of the union.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Nurses Association (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I had 2 phone screen interviews. Then I met with 3 senior leaders and with a direct report employee. There was a lot of time between the screening calls and the interviews.

Interview Questions

In the end, I just didn't feel I would have been a good fit for the organization. While everyone was pleasant, I just had an uneasy feeling about the organizational structure. Something didn't seem right. Plus, the salary was lower than my expectation.

Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Nurses Association.

Interview

I applied and got an email from hr where we set up initial phone interview. The day before she cancelled on me, saying someone internal had applied. A week later she emails and tells me that the person wasn't qualified and that we're on. 15 min screen interview, the usual questions. She emails me back and has scheduled a panel style interview a week later with the department and supervisor. It was one question after another for 2 hours or so. Nothing difficult but stressful due to panel style. It went well. Another week goes by and I get a call from the supervisor who talks with me for 30 min about how great it is there, vacation, team etc. I continually show interest but meanwhile I am wondering when they are going to get to offer. She has me talk to a team member about a week later. The team member tells me how great it is and I continue to express interest. I email the supervisor telling them how nice it to talk to team member etc. Another week goes by and I feel like I'm being strung along. I'm getting frustrated at this point. I get a call from hr saying that the position has been cancelled and they are reevaluating their needs. What??? How inefficient this organization is. They not only wasted my time but their team members time too. I wasn't upset about the position falling through as much. I was more upset that they lack planning and organization, and have no real regard for efficiency.

I was telling my friend about this and she had applied to two positions a couple years back at ANA. She never interviewed but got a weird email saying the positions had been cancelled. Is this is a pattern?

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Nurses Association (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Completed two telephone interviews. First one was with the person directly managing the opening position; it went very well. Interviewer revealed one of the major challenges a person in the open role may face is that often getting approval to proceed forward on projects can take a long time, resulting in very tight deadlines. Second interview was with a more senior supervisor who had significant concerns about my ability to perform in a fast-paced environment. While I appreciated her honesty and giving me the opportunity to pitch myself as motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented, I could tell this was not a place that I would fit in well. I thrive in more agile environments and it sounded like there was a strong heirarchy and a lot of red tape at ANA.

Interview Questions

• ANA is a very fast-paced work environment. How well do you operate in that type of environment?   Answer Question

CPS Interview

Interview

Had four interview sessions: HR and three department heads. Typical situation interview questions. A screening interview is a type of job interview that is conducted to determine if the applicant has the qualifications needed to do the job for which the company is hiring. A screening interview is typically the first interview in the hiring process if the company does not start with open interviews.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Nurses Association.

Interview

I had four interviews, including the a final round interview - taking a good 8+ hours of my time. After the final interview, I was never contacted with any sort of response, even to say they had gone with someone else. I could understand this after a first round screening, but to do so after a final interview shows that my gut was right when it told me I didn't want to work here. Pay attention to their Glassdoor reviews. They also brag about their benefits but don't mention you have to join a union to get them.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Nurses Association (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was embarrassingly poorly conducted. They were 30+ minutes late to start the interview and the questions they asked me (for a specific role) made it seem like they had no understanding of the industry or position for which I was being hired for.

I don't think they had reviewed my resume at all prior to our interview.

I ultimately was offered the job but the turn around time for the hiring process was the longest I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would feel working in Silver Spring, MD.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Nurses Association.

Interview

I did a phone screen with HR and then an in-person panel interview with my manager and peer concluding with a brief interview with the department VP. The phone screen was pretty straightforward, it lasted about 20 minutes and the in-person interview was scheduled shortly after. The in-person interviews were pretty straightforward. The panel was an hour and the second was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The one question that stood out in the panel interview was how would I address low team morale. The rest were pretty standard questions about leadership and competency.   Answer Question