American Tower Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.7

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Tower (Boston, MA).

Interview

First phone interview, then in person interview. There was no technical questions, not much HR involved. Mostly it's about meeting the team. They accentuated a lot on the workload.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Tower.

Interview

One of their HR representatives emailed to schedule a phone interview, but it never happened because she kept rescheduling it at the last minute. She would email me 30 minutes AFTER the scheduled time to reschedule, and it went on and on. After putting my life on hold for her for a while, she stopped responding to my email. Never called me either.

Attorney I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

About 2 weeks after submitting my application I got a phone call and did a pretty informal phone screening/interview. Got an e-mail the next week inviting me to go interview on-site. Interviewed with 2 different attorneys. Thought it all went well and everyone seemed friendly enough. Sent a follow-up a couple weeks later. Got told to follow-up with the recruiter who called me. Sent her a follow-up. No response. Complete radio silence. I don't understand that difficulty of sending an e-mail telling me where I stand in the process, even if it's a rejection. It's ridiculously unprofessional to just ignore a candidate like that. And from reading other reviews, it seems like I'm not the only one with this kind of experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach [insert hypothetical situation]?   Answer Question

Land Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called within a week. In the call the Hiring Manager set up an interview for me to come into the offices. Upon arrival, I was seated in a conference room with other people. After a few minutes, my interviewer came in & the other people did not know where to go. I met with 3 people in total, all 1:1 interviews. The first one was with the Director of Acquisitions. He actually asked me questions unlike the other 2 people. The second and third person looked at my resume for about 5 minutes (yes, we sat in silence). Then they said, "Do you have any questions?".

Here we are over a month after my interview and I still haven't been notified if I was being further considered or not. This company has terrible management, terrible interviews and the people there think they are better than you and didn't seem to believe what you said. On multiple occasions I was asked how i could validate what I was saying.

I do not recommend going here. I would choose McDonald's over this place.

Interview Questions

• What do we do?
      What 3 words describe you? How can I validate that?
      What is NPV?
      What is IRR?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I passed the phone interview. About 10 days later, they brought me in and I met with 4 different people. Overall, a pleasant experience and standard interview questions. However, zero follow-up after a few weeks. No response to my request to see where I was in the interview process - nothing. Very odd. I've never had that experience before. I would never continue to bug them (unprofessional), and I told my recruiter not to call them again. It does make me wonder why they don't have the professional courtesy to reach out to my recruiter (or me) and let him know the status of the position. Discouraging.

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Tower (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I went back and forth with the recruiter via email for a month before we finally connected for a phone interview. She cancelled our phone interview at the last minute and then was late to call for the rescheduled interview. I had to give her my availability numerous times because she said my emails kept getting lost in her spam folder. So once I finally had my phone interview with the recruiter I then had a phone interview with a team member. After that I was invited on-site for an in person interview where I interviewed with two team members. I was invited back a second time to interview with two more people because they were out of the office for my first interview. I followed up a couple weeks later when I didn't hear back and no one responded. They strung me along for about 2 months and then just never called to let me know I didn't get the position. Very unprofessional.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was more about your career goals and how you would fit into the company and the position. There were about three different interviews with the different managers in the roles you would take during the rotational program. So almost three different interviews back-to-back then a smaller interview with the HR manager and a review of the interviews with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is your career goal? How does this position fit into that goal?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself. (Try to separate yourself from other candidates.)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a dissatisfied customer. How di you go about resolving the issue?   1 Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Tower.

Interview

Walk through the resume. Explain previous experiences. overall presentation of company.
    Overall contents of interview was professional. However, HR person literally yawned 20 times during 10 minutes interview which made the whole interview very uncomfortable. She must had really good party last night.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your experiences.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Tower.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter, who I then had an on-campus interview with. It was mostly informational, but I was then invited to an on-site interview afternoon with five different employees (from a variety of departments, including HR). After that, I had a series of follow-up phone calls and emails with the recruiter. The process ended in a job offer for me, which I ended up declining.

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Tower.

Interview

Two interviewers, very casual, brief tour. Interview did feel like a two way street where being interviewed was as much of an opportunity to interview back if the fit was correct.