Found 711 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits on earlier years" (in 93 reviews)
- "Great people to work with and awesome managers!" (in 62 reviews)
- "Work Life balance is good and slogging is rare phenomenon." (in 33 reviews)
- "# Culture is good, mostly senior professionals so the amount of learning is tremendous" (in 20 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and ok perks" (in 11 reviews)
- "Poor planning and management led to scrapping most of the project." (in 56 reviews)
- "Low pay for expected credentials" (in 28 reviews)
- "Low salary and Low technology exposure" (in 20 reviews)
- "3. Offshore managers have no powers; they are only there to blame you and for approving leaves" (in 20 reviews)
- "Upper management is completely out of touch." (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of American Tower and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Aug 6, 2023IT ManagementFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsMarlborough, MA
Driven goal oriented company with a fast paced environment with many opportunities for growth
Global footprint requires many long nights and weekends
- 4.0Nov 23, 2023Senior AccountantFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
The people truly make the job. My team was full of intelligent, hard working, fun people who I became close friends with. Benefits were good. Generous bonus. Good insurance. Lots of other small benefits here and there, such as health and wellness reimbursement, backup childcare subsidy, etc. 3 weeks PTO plus 2 floating holidays 3 months paid maternity leave, paternity leave is offered as well. The job itself is logical, and once you get your feet planted you feel yourself growing.
Mandatory office attendance on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Not a lot of opportunities to get to the next level. In the 3 years I was there, I saw 1 person be promoted from senior to manager. There are several seniors who are ready or almost ready for the leap, but not a need for more managers. So it’s kind of halting our career progression. Further, without a promotion, the annual salary increase is not matching the market rate for new hires. This causes turnover, which makes the job harder for those who stay. The generous bonus does offset this some, but I gained no buying power with my annual increases (and honestly lost some since inflation is so high)
- 1.0Nov 19, 2023A&E DesignerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCary, NC
Good benefits and hybrid work
Ridiculous production goals that are especially impossible to hit when work is slow. Site design work (updating site sketches) has replaced customer drawings, and they hardly count anything toward goals, yet this is the tedious/time filling work that is being handed out (because managers can't provide any real work) with the idea that "you must hit goal or else!" Threatened to not provide me with my severance! Backstabbing employees. I had a good midyear review, then company buys a brand new office while laying off many employees including me.2
- 4.0Aug 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWoburn, MA
Experience depends largely on your team and management but the Corporate Development team is amazingly supportive, smart, and so hard working. It’s great to be surrounded by intelligent, professional, and knowledgeable colleagues. They certainly make you ‘play up’
1) We need more women and Spanish speaking employees. 2) Salaries could use a bump to keep up with inflation. That would be nice. Everything is so expensive, let’s keep up. 3) Promote the people who do the heavy lifting and use folks to their best potential. I see a lot of underutilization of talent.
- 4.0Oct 13, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Stable, good line of business, good benefits, solid corporate environment.
American Tower struggles with planning and to fill open roles with quality candidates.
- 4.0Oct 13, 2023Account/Project ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWoburn, MA
Benefits, work/ life balance, It was a pretty good place to work overall.
There was some cliquish behavior.
American Tower Reviews FAQs
American Tower has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,026 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at American Tower to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
76% of American Tower employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Tower 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.