American Woodmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Woodmark (Winchester, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was pretty quick. 1 phone interview and 4 in person interview. Culture of the company is very good. All of the 4 people I met during interview made me comfortable. Everyone in the company is super friendly and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are your hobbie, why american woodmark, walk me through your experiences, why are you willing to relocate   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Woodmark (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a prescreen interview with hiring manager and then a four hour in person interview with hiring manager and three other managers, separately (4 one-hour interviews).

The final one-hour interview was with the hiring manager, the one the previous week I had a prescreen over the phone. He was obviously bored by the process, openly yawning (did the same during the prescreen), kept looking at his phone messages and had a sneer on his face that was very off-putting. The interview ended up being 20-25 minutes; perhaps he was running behind. I was then rushed out and told if I went further (with yet more interviews!) it would be a week. Never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the day, what do you hang your hat on? What is your biggest accomplishment you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • What is your leadership style?   Answer Question

American Woodmark Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Talent Team

We appreciate your candid feedback as this will help us improve.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Woodmark.

Interview

I had a phone interview, followed by an in person interview at their office. This interview had a few behavioral questions, along with other standard job interview questions. I interviewed with 4 different people and they took me out to lunch. It wasn't too intense.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would interested in building a career in the Manufacturing industry?   2 Answers

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Woodmark (Winchester, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via e-mail then had 7 interviews, both by phone and in person. No one ever bothered letting me know any feedback, including the corporate recruiter. He does not return phone call or e-mails. Advise to management - get a recruiter who has follow up and follow through.

Interview Questions

American Woodmark Response

Apr 5, 2017 – Manufacturing Recruiting Manager

We regret to hear of your negative experience but appreciate your honest review. Your feedback is what will help us improve in the future. Please leave your contact information at this phone number... More

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Woodmark (Winchester, VA).

Interview

The interview process for American Woodmark is long and thorough. My experience consisted of a phone interview, multiple assessment tests on two separate days, and a marathon four-hour series of in depth meetings with several staff members.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience as it is relevant to this position.   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Woodmark in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First interview was a screening interview with knowledgeable HR Employee. If selected. your get a prerecorded computer interview. You are asked a question and are given 3 seconds to think before you are video recorded. You do not get to re-record you answer or do anything with it except accept it and submit it.

Cod Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Woodmark (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

I attended a career fair and was offered an interview the next day on campus. The interview was pretty easy, not intimidating at all. The questions were mostly behavioral questions. I was offered a second interview, so I'm still in the interview process and pretty excited about it.

Cod Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Woodmark in November 2015.

Interview

Career fair, info session, first round interview, 2 weeks later final round invite (about 2-3 months from that date), final round is at a facility, you take the wonderlick again (don't get me started on how stupid that is), then a plant tour, then a interview with plant manager and HR (your final round schedule might be in a different order but wonderlick will be first), then an exit interview where you ask questions. Oh by the way, they leave a lot of the testing details out of the process description when you meet them at the fair or apply online, if you are going to test people... be transparent and tell them. Nothing more annoying then getting to the plant, sitting down, having the HR lady turn her computer around and say "here is the test again, see you in 15 mins." Rubbed me the wrong way, especially being so ill advised about it.

Didn't seem like a place where the cream of crop went. After going to other final round interviews, where they want the best students, Woodmark really stood out as the worst in almost every category I was looking at ( personal development, culture (i was looking for a work hard play hard culture, definitely no play at Woodmark), career development, learning, difficulty of work (i wanted to be pressured)). Companies that want the best of the best spend the money and time to get those people, woodmark was just feeding people into the system, no personal touches.

Their HR staff is great, if anything they are the only reason I was interested.

One really weird thing that happened was HR said they would rent me a car, yet the next day they asked if I could drive someone in my area to the interview too. Not that a 4 hours drive with some random person who is in competition for the same position would not be thrilling, but why couldn't they just rent him a car... Also, the first question in my first round interview was "what are your salary expectations."

Its not really a development program, more of a 18 week company on-boarding, maybe change the name to COB, Company On Boarding. They try to sell you on the travel, but when you drive into it, their facilities are literally in the middle of no where.

Interview Questions

• maybe one behavioral question, mostly about academic classes and work experience.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Woodmark in April 2015.

Interview

Got less than 24 hours notice for interview. Had to take some 2 part assessment [ which is ridiculous ] and at the end of the interview , some Wonderlic I.Q. test! Ask any of your existing associates to take this and you would probably lose half your staff!

Manufacturing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Woodmark (Winchester, VA).

Interview

The interview had multiple rounds. Each round contained the same basic behavioral questions. American Woodmark has a lot of great people working there so it looks to recruit individuals that fit their culture. They puts a high level of importance on your character. Sell your volunteering experience and read their website and learn all about their culture and you have a pretty good shot at a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in which you had to work in a team and had disagreements. How did you resolve the issues?   Answer Question