Amey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amey Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

3.2

Plumber Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amey (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interviewed by Accounts manager, No HR present. Job explained but not in full, I explained my skills and job experience, The interview was laid back and the manager came across well,
    I was told would be informed if successful in a couple of days, was successful, got paperwork through post and a questionnaire sent via email.
    I started 4th December, on first day no induction, or health and safety breif, no issue of uniform or personal protection equipment, It really went down hill from day one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's was easy going

Senior Commercial Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amey in March 2017.

Interview

Competencies based interview like going through my APC again. Some difficult questions which I was not prepared for. The client was in the interview as well, although I got a fairly good feedback after the interview I know I did not do well.

Interview Questions

• What was the one failure you have encountered during your career.   1 Answer

Test Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amey.

Interview

Submitted my CV via a recruiter and was asked to attend a face to face interview with the Test Manager and another Tester at their offices. A quick tour of the IT department after the interview was completed. I was called back within a week and made an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with conflicting priorities from different stakeholders?   1 Answer

Trainee Smart Metering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Was invited to an assessment and face to face interview in Liverpool. Straight forward process . Company seemed very professional and clean cut, was impressed, and instantly thought I want to be a part of this

Interview Questions

• What do you know about amey   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amey (Liverpool, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview started by asking unconventional questions such as if you were a fruit what fruit would you be and why, then asked competency based questions.

Thought the interview went well and was told I would hear back from the company for feedback whether I got the job, I still haven't heard back from the company a month later. Guessing I haven't got the job but when told I would receive feedback I believe it to be very unprofessional and rude to not get back to me when I had taken time of work to attend the interview.

Interview Questions

• Competency based, what fruit would you be   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amey in July 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was very good , Interview not so good was asked some normal It based questions but some questions was inappropriate and designed to catch you off guard. Interviewer was more interested with their phone rather than the interview. Overall bad experience a bit of a confidence killer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amey.

Interview

The application consisted of a CV and covering letter, followed by a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview, according to Amey this process should take 2 weeks. I got to a telephone interview and was supplied with a large amount of information to look through, which was helpful for preparation and gave a good overview of the projects the company works on. The interview went well however, although the application said programming skills are desirable (of which I had some, but not very large amounts), they appear to be closer to being essential for this particular role. Feedback was provided via email the day after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you implemented your data analysis skills?   Answer Question

Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amey (Oxford, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Firstly applied online, during which there are several questions which must be answered. However, it is questionable how important these are. Following this I received an email notifying me I was through to the next stage which was a telephone interview. It is worth noting now that throughout the process the staff at Amey were incredibly accommodating and flexible, as well as polite and professional. The phone interview was a combination of going through my CV as well as other skill and value based questions. I was notified at the end of the call that I had been successful and was through to the assessment centre phase. The assessment centre was a combination of the typical and expected set up. It was well organised and ran like clockwork. Be prepared for some curve balls and being made to think on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are 3: Strengths; Weaknesses; Opportunities; Threats (SWOT)   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the colour yellow to someone who has been blind all their life?   Answer Question

Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amey (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. Phone interview with Amey in February 2016.

1) online application
    -standard questions

2) phone interview: questions to check your motivations and see how well you think on your feet
    Why Amey?
    Why this role?
    Tell me about yourself - referencing CV
    When have you been put into an environment where the situation changed?

Interview Questions

• curveball questions:

what 3 things would you take to deserted island
      what 3 words sum you up
      what 1 question would you ask the CEO   Answer Question

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amey (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview covering CV and a couple of technical questions. Followed by an assessment centre involving an all-day group task as well as individual interviews. Finally a set of exercises to be completed over a week. These consisted of a written research piece with a choice of two questions, a data analysis piece with a provided data set and series of questions, and a programming question.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience using visualisation software?   Answer Question