Amfar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amfar Interview Questions

Public Policy Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amfar.

Interview

Applied for the job online and was initially rejected but was contacted for interviews during the next hiring cycle. I had one phone (Skype) interview and one in-person interview. Be prepared and dressed for the Skype interview as was surprised to find they used video. The interview itself was somewhat difficult and I had trouble answering some of the questions as my knowledge of health policy was low.

Interview Questions

• How to use public policy to help solve a global health issue   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amfar (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

After a very successful conversation, I was subjected to 3 rounds of interviews for which I had to use vacation days at my current place of employment. I was in the top 3 contenders, and despite being told that they would be in touch, I never received a definitive response from HR. It was a frustrating experience to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had experience working with high-profile VIP's?   Answer Question

Computer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amfar (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Got a very nice phone call from the HR manager after receiving my cover letter and resume. He invited me down for an interview. First interview went fine. About a week later, the HR manager called and asked me to come down for a second interview. Day of the interview, we had a big snow storm in New York. I got dressed and went downtown. Much to my surprise, the amfar offices were closed. a few days later, when I spoke to the HR manager, he said he couldn't call me because he was at home and he didn't have my phone number to call me. This was appalling since I knew he had a blackberry which electronically downloads all calendar appointments and address books complete with names and phone numbers. The fact that he didn't give me the courtesy of a phone call was terrible and most unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The HR manager assessed my knowledge of the AMFAR organization.   Answer Question
    • The IT manager summarized the company's networks, PCs, software, hardware and peripherals. He asked me various questions to assess my knowledge if their environment.   Answer Question

Policy Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Amfar.

Interview

I was asked to submit an online application followed by in person interview that consisted of a few questions. I was then informed of the outcome via email or telephone in about a week. The interview process itself was smooth and warm.