Amphenol Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amphenol (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

2 months. Recruiter. Six total rounds. Three with same person and two with same other plus multiple others. Retained search, meaning going outside. Suddenly at last minute after six rounds an internal candidate magically appears. This is at Casco, division of Amohenol. Then no offer. The job open for years because ogpf a bad hire and split between people. I kept playing devils advocate....why hire at all...oh we need someone I who can take charge and make things happen...we are getting by...by the skin of our teeth. BS. . Women over 40 with tech degrees, do not waste your time. Bias is alive and well and Casco does not want to pay close to market rate. I asked for 7k below market, lower than what Amphenol employees report for same role, because it is a good company...or so I thought...but after six rounds, no I was wrong. Very dysfunctional leadership, very dysfunctional management, very dysfunctional company. Are you a male under age 40? Go for it. Ladies listen up. Stay away. And tell your daughters not to major in engineering. Go for HR or marketing or maybe purchasing. Not engineering. The bias is worse than it was in the 90s. Six rounds. VPs do not go through this. Unfortunately it is not just this firm, but others too. I went 7 at last two firms with nobody hired in the end and friends hire into same firms, male, after two rounds. Need more proof? Asked over and over are you willing to travel. Yes people I am...do you ask males this at every interview..... Asked about supposed job hopping. My tenure at firms has been over 4 years in most cases. Person asking has been at Casco less than 8 months and job hopped far more than me. Also asked...hey are you interviewing elsewhere? Yes moron. Because you are obviously not hiring after six rounds. What a joke. You go home after interviews like these and ask how the hell these people got hired...the ones doing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel? Asked 5 times.   1 Answer
    • You do not know MS project though you know a lot of other software. ...can you learn it?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave other jobs   1 Answer
    • Are you interviewing elsewhere   1 Answer

Project and Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amphenol (Binghamton, NY).

Interview

Very unorganized. I Interviewed in a completely area away from the offices. They had recently had damage because of flooding and there was a lot of construction/damaged areas in the building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've had and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conover, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amphenol (Conover, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

If you have to travel to their interview, make sure they send you the travel money first. Manager told me he would reimburse for travel but didn't. Was told I would be a great candidate, but apparently if they don't hire you, they will not reimburse for travel. Do not trust an the company or a manager.

Interview Questions

• How well I knew Solidworks.   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amphenol in May 2014.

Interview

I began with sending in my resume and a cover letter to the VP of Tax, followed up by a phone call and the scheduling of an interview. During the interview, I spoke with all 3 of the managers, the two tax accountants, and the VP of Tax about what they do in the company and what the intern position would consist of. It took less than one week for them to get back to me letting me know they had made their decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little negotiation because they had a set criteria for the internship with which I agreed to before the offer was made.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amphenol (Milpitas, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Was contacted through a bottom feeder 3rd party recruiter, more interested in collecting the fee then helping me through the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation between my boss and I.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amphenol (Wallingford, CT) in December 2013.

Interview

It was ok, 6 rounds, didn't ask any questions out of the ordinary. All behavioral. Tour around the facility, everyone seemed genuinely to like the business, a lot of lifers that has been around for 20-30 years.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amphenol (Detroit, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed in a different state, and brought to the Fraser office where I was interviewed by several people including the Engineering Manager as well as the Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

• Very basic, talked about your background.   1 Answer

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amphenol (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through the university job matching site. The duration of the hiring process did not take too long. A senior engineer at the company visited the campus and had 1:1 interview.

MA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amphenol (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2009.

Interview

Interview was very specific: FIT focused. Questions such as why do you want to work at Amphenol was repeated multiple times. Same with questions such as "what do you want to do in 5-10 yrs, in long term". Had about 20 minutes to ask questions...total interview was 60 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in 5-10 yrs
      What do you want to do in the long term
      Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amphenol in February 2009.

Interview

I interviewed on campus with them. The interview was 1:1 fit where emphasis was on the general management and leadership skills. The culture of company is decentralized and entrepreneurial - so incorporate such examples in your responses. After the interviews, results are reviewed by the manager and sent to concerned division. If the management of that division likes your profile, they will call you for another round of interview otherwise you might have to wait for months to hear for rejection.