Amphenol Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amphenol (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

2 months. Recruiter. Six total rounds. Three with same person and two with same other plus multiple others. Retained search, meaning going outside. Suddenly at last minute after six rounds an internal candidate magically appears. This is at Casco, division of Amohenol. Then no offer. The job open for years because ogpf a bad hire and split between people. I kept playing devils advocate....why hire at all...oh we need someone I who can take charge and make things happen...we are getting by...by the skin of our teeth. BS. . Women over 40 with tech degrees, do not waste your time. Bias is alive and well and Casco does not want to pay close to market rate. I asked for 7k below market, lower than what Amphenol employees report for same role, because it is a good company...or so I thought...but after six rounds, no I was wrong. Very dysfunctional leadership, very dysfunctional management, very dysfunctional company. Are you a male under age 40? Go for it. Ladies listen up. Stay away. And tell your daughters not to major in engineering. Go for HR or marketing or maybe purchasing. Not engineering. The bias is worse than it was in the 90s. Six rounds. VPs do not go through this. Unfortunately it is not just this firm, but others too. I went 7 at last two firms with nobody hired in the end and friends hire into same firms, male, after two rounds. Need more proof? Asked over and over are you willing to travel. Yes people I am...do you ask males this at every interview..... Asked about supposed job hopping. My tenure at firms has been over 4 years in most cases. Person asking has been at Casco less than 8 months and job hopped far more than me. Also asked...hey are you interviewing elsewhere? Yes moron. Because you are obviously not hiring after six rounds. What a joke. You go home after interviews like these and ask how the hell these people got hired...the ones doing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel? Asked 5 times.   1 Answer
    • You do not know MS project though you know a lot of other software. ...can you learn it?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave other jobs   1 Answer
    • Are you interviewing elsewhere   1 Answer

Packaging Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amphenol (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

First a representative in a staffing company contacted me. We had an brief conversation to check if my expertise met the company's requirement. I waited about two weeks. After that the representative scheduled a phone call interview for me with a senior engineer from the company. On the second day I was notified by this engineer that after internal discussion, he could not give me the offer. The reason was that I did not have industrial experience at that time.

Interview Questions

• First was some general questions: What was your PhD research about? Did you have industrial experience? What did you think of your strength and weakness? Then the engineer mentioned a type of their sensor products, and asked some specific technical questions about it.   Answer Question

Project and Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amphenol (Binghamton, NY).

Interview

Very unorganized. I Interviewed in a completely area away from the offices. They had recently had damage because of flooding and there was a lot of construction/damaged areas in the building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've had and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Electrical Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amphenol (Utica, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview, It was not difficult at all. One major question i was asked was "What electrical background do you have?" After that question it was very light.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amphenol.

Interview

Interview started off in a personal manor. Mostly HR and behavioral questions regarding past and current experience on campus and in classes. The questions then shifted towards the mechanical design aspect of the job, and encouraged thoughtful discussion on design experience and ability. I was asked to provide design examples with pictures and drawings and talk about my work.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conover, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amphenol (Conover, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

If you have to travel to their interview, make sure they send you the travel money first. Manager told me he would reimburse for travel but didn't. Was told I would be a great candidate, but apparently if they don't hire you, they will not reimburse for travel. Do not trust an the company or a manager.

Interview Questions

• How well I knew Solidworks.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Marys, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amphenol (Saint Marys, PA).

Interview

First the phone interview about 30 minutes long followed by a callback to schedule face to face interview. The face to face interview lasted about 3 hours offer came couple days later

Interview Questions

• All the basic questions, then rest were about project management, customer interaction, and technical skills.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amphenol (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then. onsite. Poorly organized, no agenda which was OK but coupled with the fact the BD manager and his subordinate both said the position would report to themselves led me to believe they didn't have a clue. The current PM interviewed me with his hands forming a steeple and pointing them at me the whole time while asking questions in a very condescending way. They also left me alone between interviewers for more than 20 min...very unprofessional...I pointed out the poor reviews on Glassdoor and the PM dismissed them. The PM that interviewed me has no business being a PM, poor people skills. After that interview I saw enough and left.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Marys, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amphenol (Saint Marys, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Ridiculously long and drawn out. Very inconvenient for the candidate as you have to keep coming back several times to meet with different people. It appears that they dont talk to one another because everyone asks the same questions, takes interruptions, phone calls, etc. What they said in the multiple interviews did not match what was expected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very disappointed. There was no negotiation. Whatever was in the offer was it.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Amphenol (Worcester, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiter through on-campus interview. Was asked some basic questions, about my past internship and courses. But never heard back from them, didn't even get a rejection letter. They kept me waiting from last November till this April.