Analog Bits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analog Bits Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.3

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analog Bits in April 2017.

Interview

HR emailed me first to schedule a Skype interview. My Skype interview took about 40 minutes. The interviewer is very polite. Just some basic problems mentioned on glassdoor. The low-pass and high-pass RC filter, the MUX.

Interview Questions

• One question I didn't see on glassdoor before. Giving a diode connected with a resistor and the voltage source. Then giving the characteristics of the diode to determine the operation point of the diode.   Answer Question

Analog IC Design, Begginer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analog Bits.

Interview

Phone interview, called late from a car and similar questions as posted in glassdoor previously. Interviewer was very rude and glad did not go any further. I applied online and then got a call interview setup which did not happen the first time due to some reason. When inquired, they rescheduled the phone interview even then the call was late. Asked about basic background work that I did then started first question as follows.

Interview Questions

• Same question as shown by others, find Voltage at S when D is fixed at different G voltages but did not make clear if S was grounded. Later said S is not grounded and then interviewer got pissed as asking further questions about the problem and hung up the phone.   Answer Question

Entry Level Mixed Signal Design Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Analog Bits (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

email the resume and transcript to the email address and after 1 day have a call and make a skype interview appointment. Basic question on rc circuit with different input signal, how to use mux2:1 to be an inv nand2 and nor2, and put the gate voltage of nmos 3V, drain voltage 5V, Vth = 0.5V. what will source voltage in the end?

Interview Questions

• Basic question on rc circuit with different input signal, how to use mux2:1 to be an inv nand2 and nor2, and put the gate voltage of nmos 3V, drain voltage 5V, Vth = 0.5V. what will source voltage in the end?   Answer Question

Circuit Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analog Bits (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was for 30 min and I was asked basic questions on RC circuit and Nmos device. The interview went well and I am still waiting for the decision.

Interview Questions

• 1.Output of RC circuit.
      2. Source voltage when a drain and gate of nmos is connected to 5v and 3v respectively.   Answer Question

Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analog Bits (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR to attend onsite interview. he interview was scheduled a week after. The interview was scheduled for 40 minutes. The questions were some basic mixed signal questions

Interview Questions

• Draw the state machine diagram for a divide by 2 frequency divider   Answer Question

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Analog Bits (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was pleasant. I applied through Company webpage and got a mail for a Phone screening within 2 days. The phone Interview typically consisted of questions others have already posted on the glassdoor. But don't expect the same questions, there will be tweaks in them. So analyze each question critically and prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Other than what people have posted, they asked me Step and ramp responses for a RC-Low pass and RC-high pass filter. What frequency components does slow varying ramp has? Building basic gates from 2*1 Mux. Inverter with feedback and input resistance, how does the Vm of the inverter vary?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Analog Bits in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screen two days later. The phone screen is about 30 mins and all about some basic problems about digital circuit design. The company is really nice and polite to candidates. And the questions posed on the Glassdoor is really helpful in preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions

• High-pass and low-pass RC filter, AND/OR gate with 2:1 Mux   Answer Question

Analog Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Analog Bits (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Horrible to say least! They called me for 4 onsites which I never heard of before. Each time around 2 interviewers. One of the interviewers ( Indian mostly Gujarati accent) was there just to put you down. 11-12 interview went on and on till 1.30 at which point I had to leave because I cant take 4 off days of my work.

Interview Questions

• Couple of guys very irritating. Just there to prove they are right and how little you know. Asked me body effect and some RTL coding questions ( Read for analog design). When I answered still he was unhappy. They Never got back to me after 4 rounds spanning over 3 months. Atleast I expect email reply when I email. Obnoxious and nasty as he can get.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analog Bits in April 2015.

Interview

It takes one week after submitting the resume and the interview last about 15 minutes, Only some basic questions about circuits design most are digital circuits design. After the phone interview, they schedule a on site interview.

Interview Questions

• only some basic questions about how to build an nor and nand gate frequency   Answer Question

Entry Level CMOS Mixed Signal Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analog Bits (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

My phone interview only took 15 minutes. Before the phone interview, you need to take a look at the frequently asked questions on glassdoor. Basically, PMOS and NMOS pass transistor logic, open source voltage, an inverter with resistor feedback, an inverter whose vdd is connected with an inductor. At the end of interview, I was told to invited to an onsite interview. Being a small company, Analog bits is not generous about onsite trip. You will be only allowed to fly with Southwest airline with cheapest tickets, and this can be the reason why your interview can be arranged at 3 weeks after your phone interview. The onsite interview questions are very basic, and the decision, in my case, is given in just a week, but the written offer is extended 3 weeks later when another offer kicked in, so I declined the offer from Analog bits. The advantage of the offer from the Analog bits is only high base salary. No relocation fees, no 401K. Moreover, Analog Bits doesn't seem to want to have me in its team so I used its offer to ask for a salary raise in my second offer :)

Interview Questions

• These are my onsite interview questions and some of them is related to my resume.
      1. Given a chain of inverter, size the gates and calculate the delay;
      2. Given an optimization goal, resize the chain of inverter, and recalculate the delay;
      3. Given a typical 6T-SRAM, described how read and write work. Suppose we only have on access transistor but need to realize the read and write, how do you design the another access transistor? Both in analog and digital ways;
      4. Given a simple charge pump circuit, figure out the waveform at certain nodes;
      5. Given a ideal op-amp and 2 resistors with same value, draw the circuit gain of -1, 1 and 0.5, and in the third case, make sure that the input resistance is infinity;
      6. Given a 50%-duty cycle waveform, draw the 33%-duty cycle waveform (division by 3), and draw the FSM state diagram to realize the division by 3;
      7. Given a transmission line and a source with an adjustable resistance. If the load resistance of the transmission line is given, figure out the source resistance to make sure that the load has the maximum load power. If the transmission line is open on one end and connect an ideal current source at the other end, draw the voltage waveform at the output of the current source;
      8. Given a rc high-pass filter and apply an input voltage step and take the output voltage from resistor, draw the voltage waveform of the resistor, and explain the waveform about its peak and rc time constant;
      9. Given a self-bias amplifier with two logic inputs and one output, figure out the logic functions;
      10. If the channel length of a device is cut down by 1/2, how does the unity-gain frequency change? Hint: Long and short channel devices are different;
      10. Given a cs-amplifier with source degeneration (the classical continuous-time linear equalizer circuit), solve for the transfer functions, given the relative time constant positions, draw the bode plots, mainly about phase, explain why phase is positive and if this is contradictory to causality;
      11. Given a 2-input nor gate, size the gate with equal rise and fall time, find out the faster input and explain why;
      12. In high speed IO, why are the both Tx and Rx termination resistors matched with the characteristic impedance of the transmission line?
      13. Describe your favorite project on your resume;
      14. Draw the schematic of a PMOS, given the voltages of 4 terminals, and figure out the operation region of PMOS. Figure out the the output voltage of a cascaded PMOS circuit;
      15. A transistor with its source connected a capacitor, apply a DC voltage at the drain, and figure out the voltage waveform of the capacitor;

If you aced most of the technical questions, you are very likely to invited to be shown around the company, and then you will have the behavioral interview:
      1. Tell me about yourself, like your past experience in middle school.
      2. Tell me what you like about Analog Bits (usually after showing around the company).
      3. What's your expectation of salary?
      4. What's your hobbies?
      5. Do you like your school and why?
      6. When can you start?
      7. If Analog Bits gives you an offer today and you get another offer from Broadcom and Qualcomm tomorrow, which one do you choose?
      8. What do you see yourself in your career?
      9. Give me two references.   2 Answers