Analysys Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analysys Mason Interview Questions

3.4

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Analysys Mason (Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and was asked to complete an online test. 1st stage of interviews was with a principal and involved a CV discussion and a case interview about airport traffic. The second stage was with another principal and was more of the same, CV and motivation and a case study. 3rd stage was a presentation on a TMT topic of my choice presented to two consultants and then there was an informal chat with a partner about the company.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysys Mason in July 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by recruiter from the company who asked me to complete an Online Numerical Assessment in five days time. The test is very similar to the GMAT/GRE type exercises. It is not easy, 18 questions in 25 minutes, I spent one and a half day just with preparing for it. You don't know the result of the test immediately. Two days later the recruiter wrote to me to set up a skype interview. The interviewer was really kind, 30 minutes was spent with motivation and CV questions, the other 30 with a case study. Airport construction, I had to make estimations regarding capacities. It was not easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me five skills you think a consultant need. Can you give examples from your past experiences for these skills?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Analysys Mason (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

After I had the interview in the London head office they promised me to let me know a week later. Two weeks later I recontacted the recruiter and he promised me to get back to me in one week.
    This is two month ago and he is not responding to any mail anymore.
    Although I really liked the interview in general, this is just unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why Consulting? Walk me through your CV. Why this industry? Added by a case interview (market sizing).   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysys Mason in May 2015.

Interview

Well structured and organized process:
    1. Online Test
    2. Hr Call
    2. Case Interview with Manager
    3. Case Interview with Principal and Presentation with Managers
    4. Case Interview with Partner
    Interesting and challenging the presentation on a TMT subject (candidate's choice), I think it is the best way to assess communication skills and business acumen.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Analysys Mason (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Worst interview experience ever! The process started with a case study that tested your analytical and numerical skills. I then had three interviews for the role and was presented the option to get considered for a different role. On the first interview for the second role they revealed to me that neither that was the final interview for the role, as they had initially communicated, nor was the role of the same seniority as the previous one as it was clearly communicated before by the HR. By the end of that interview I was asked to write a research piece that I had to submit in a week's time. The day before the submission of the article, they contacted me to say that the structure of the team has changed and that their requirements are now different and other gibberish that were in contrast with what they had agreed on before in terms of salary and position seniority.

Therefore, I wasted 4 days of my leave, money and effort to interview with what initially seemed like a good place to work but in reality was an unprofessional, dishonest and disorganised company, which eventually I was happy that I didn't have to work with!

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the number of people that use WhatsApp in the UK?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Analysys Mason in December 2014.

Interview

Hands down, the most pleasant recruiting process I've ever gone through, even though we got off to a rocky start: I was supposed to hear back 2 days after completing the online assessment, but I heard back almost 2 months after (despite the fact that I sent a follow-up e-mail, left unanswered). Apparently, my application was put on hold, of which I was not informed. However, after the first interview was scheduled, the whole process took only a week and turned out to be a great experience.

Stage 1. Online assessment (standard verbal and quant)
    Stage 2. Interview with a manager, followed by a rather informal chat with the HR. The interview consists of several obvious questions (why Analysys Mason, why consulting, why TMT sector) and a case. The HR asks pretty much the same questions.
    Stage 3. Interview with a principal (same questions + a case), a home-prepared presentation on a TMT topic of your choice (presented to the principal and 1-2 consultants), interview with a partner (same questions + a case).

What I liked the best was that I wasn't asked any bland pointless questions that are asked by almost everyone else (i.e. give an example when you exhibited leadership/teamwork/problem solving skills). I simply loved all 3 cases, which were both fun and challenging. And, of course, I really liked the people I got to speak to.

Tips: The only 2 things that matter is your motivation for (not experience in) TMT and your performance during cases. Just be sincere and use common sense and good reasoning.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you apply to us last year and why is it that you still don't have a job half a year after graduation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysys Mason.

Interview

The interview consists of 2 small and related market sizing cases and CV based questions. The interviewer has been friendly and guided me in my case. We discussed upon the issues and I took the part to solve the case. The result has been positive.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected part of the question is some essential insights which we may ignore due to lack of experience, but it can be found by discussing and trying to infer from the interviewer's hints. Both cases are related to airline and airport.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Analysys Mason in December 2013.

Interview

Good first and second interview, including presenting a project and answering questions. Everyone was very supportive and really listened. Interview involved a cross-section of analysts and senior analysts from inside the appropriate department and from other groups who would be working together.

HR can take a while to contact you. It took several weeks to get notified of the second interview. After the second and supposedly final interview I never heard from them again.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Interview

First round - general questions about CV, and an open ended, non business case study (an order of magnitude type question).

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analysys Mason.

Interview

CV and Cover letter to apply online (London)

SHL Maths test and Logical reasoning test.

First round interview -
    At London Office
    Just one hour interview 1:1 with consultant
    Asked about why the company, why consulting, what about the telecoms sector I find interesting, and my opinion on it.
    Case was market sizing - If a company operating mobile networks wants to expand into a new market in Country X, what would you tell them? And what is their revenue in 10 years' time?

Interview Questions

• Asked about my opinion on a sector they worked in.
      Be prepared to show commercial awareness!   Answer Question