AnchorFree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AnchorFree

2.8

Penetration Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AnchorFree (Redwood City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The in house tech recruiter for AnchorFree hit me up to see if I was down for this pen test job at AnchorFree. The recruiter did not know much about the job & the recruiter was all the way in the Ukraine & that made it somewhat hard to get fast replies from the recruiter.
    So I did a first around phone interview with the hiring manager.
    The guy I interviewed with had a hardcore accent, it was really hard to understand him.
    He hit me with lame scenario questions.😒
    My problem with scenario questions in cyber security is that the one doing the hiring never gives all the little details in the setup or config of things
    that a cyber security guy would need to give an answer. (unanswerable scenario questions🙄)
    Hacking is all about the small details.
    All & all he did not give me the job because I don't hardcore code in ruby.
    Like you could have added "must know Ruby" to the job description. 🙄
    So the people at AnchorFree are dumb & hella lame.
    I feel this was one big waste of my time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AnchorFree (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied for an opening through job portals. 1 phone interview and 1 face - to -face.

Interview Questions

• Company works on socket layer communication. Be prepare for the socket programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AnchorFree in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was basic some general background questions about yourself and then learning more about Gartner. A second interview was set up but no call was received. After rescheduling the second interview was tough personal questions that were unexpected

Interview Questions

• describe a time you set a goal and failed to achieve it
      describe a time you set a goal and how did you achieve it   Answer Question

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AnchorFree (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After a recruiter contacted me, I had an initial conversation with the marketing manager, followed by an invitation to go onsite. Once onsite, I interviewed with 4 other people including the COO.

All they want is an international spammer. This position has been open for quite some time, so I knew going into it the odds were stacked against me. They won't find a quality SEO because they have a fundamental misunderstanding as to what SEO actually is.

And of course, like all horrible companies, they don't send a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to spam internationally? (they didn't actually phrase it this way, but you know...)   Answer Question

Jun 13, 2016 – COO

Thanks for your feedback! I have personally checked on this and it appears that as you came through a third party recruiter, there was a communication to that recruiter and the expectation that they... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AnchorFree.

Interview

Typical questions

Negotiation

Compensation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AnchorFree (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interviewers are not very experienced and give more importance to memory test rather concepts.
    Recruiter is running around to find the interview person ,may be the original person either on PTO or in some meeting.

Interview Questions

AnchorFree Response

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AnchorFree (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a bit discumbobulated, 2 minutes before I met with the CEO, I was told they forgot to tell me how to prepare for meeting with him, and he is a number guy and I should be prepared to answer those questions. In some ways, its probably best not to tell a candidate 2 minutes ahead of time, is the intention to help or to create more stress? The issue for me was he was typing the whole time, which was not very condusive to a dialogue. I could tell from his questions that he did not really understand what role I was there for, and many of the numbers questions I could not speak to as they were confidential or company related not specific to my performance. I was asked what I wanted to do, which made me wonder if they knew what role I had applied for and had been interviewing for.
    We also had another exec level member joining mid-interview. Admitted that he had not seen my resume. Overall, I think it is probably best that they moved on to other candidates for now. Until things become more organized on their end. My impressions is that there may not be as much independence in the role for a PM to drive strategy.

Interview Questions

• The Dir of Product asked specifics about product features, the platforms I worked on. Research I did to conclude my decisions, specific performance tied to product decisions and launches. It was very tough and thourough interview, but seemed to give both of us a very good picture of the roles expectations, and the skills needed for it. I thought his questions were relevant and he was clear about what he needed for his team.

The CEO however asked questions about my prior company's performance, breakdowns, etc...Android share, and other products from my prior company, which in my opinion had no relevance at all to the specifics of the job requirements and role they were hiring for. In particular I had only been in that role for a year, so almost majority of my really relevant experience as a product manager and prior to that and all the accolades and accomplishments were dismissed in the interview. I felt a bit exploited as the information they wanted from the prior company, was mainly due to the fact that the business models and product offerings have huge similarities.

I also emailed him based on a discussion and agreement we had to offer him a reference. He never responded back. It is disappointing that people in leadership positions forget to remain humble and miss out on the opportunity to create loyal customers for their brand.   Answer Question

Jun 13, 2016 – COO

Thanks for your feedback! Always tough to see a review like this. Steps have been taken to improve the candidate experience. We definitely value your time and thank you for speaking with our teams.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AnchorFree (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Technical interview was almost 1 hour regarding networking and VPN. I applied for QA internship, and they often take 2-3 interns to help with automation testing on iOS and Android.

Interview Questions

• Why all traffic goes through the VPN. What is networking interface and how is firewall working?   Answer Question

Jun 13, 2016 – COO

Thanks for your feedback. I am definitely sorry to see you had a negative experience. We are constantly working to make our interview experience comprehensive and positive for all candidates. Feel... More

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AnchorFree (Redwood City, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter for 15 mins. She gave me generic description of the role. After that a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. That went well and was called for an onsite interview where I was scheduled to meet with 5 people. Found out that there was a huge Russian presence at the company. The interviewers had a strong Russian accent and had a very hard time articulating and asking questions. I honestly had to concentrate really hard to even understand what they were asking. Of the interview panel two of them seemed disinterested the minute they walked in. I asked about the job role and got a completely different answer from every one of them.

Interview Questions

• If I understood the questions, I would tell   1 Answer

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AnchorFree (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very disorganized since the moment I arrived. I arrive 30 minutes early for this interview and rang the bell at the front door but no one was there to answer it. I waited about 15 minutes until someone who worked in the building was coming in so I was able to get inside the building. My directions were to ring the bell and someone would come down to greet me but no one ever did so as it was getting close to my interview time I decided to walk around trying to find someone who could help me get the hiring manager who was supposed to interview me and no one could find him. As I go back to the waiting area the person interviewing me finally comes down. We are already off schedule and the interview goes way beyond the time as i was to interview with 3 different people but the director went on for longer so it made the other interviews pretty brief. Finally the last person interviewing me tells me to wait for the director who had more questions so I wait 30 minutes after my last interview for the director to return but he never returned so I left as there was no one I could ask if he would be coming back. Overall very disorganized, seemed like a good startup company but If the interview was all over the place I could imagine how it would of been working there. Pure chaos. 2 of the people interviewing were pretty nice but the director was really pushy with getting info out of me that I could not discourse which made me feel very uncomfortable. Never revived any follow after the interview.