Anytime Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anytime Fitness Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.4

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness.

Interview

you get told what you want to hear and promised lot's of grown.there is not very much professionalism. You get promised the world and then are left to clean up all the bathrooms. staff never stays because trainer's get paid of commission only( that is after selling and servicing the sessions )

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Fitness Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Lexington, SC).

Interview

It was the strangest interview experience. I brought in my resume and got a call for an interview. I went in and got asked tons of personal questions about my life, my kids and my husband. I was getting a weird vibe but they asked for a second interview 2 days later and I felt I was going to rock this position so I ignored it. I come in the owner, Darwin, shows me around to tell me about everything as if I have the job then takes me into his office with the manager. He asked more inappropriate questions and said I was shy (the opposite of what I am but he was so strange I'm sure it was showing) and clicked his pen for 5 mins off and on in silence. I'm not making this up, lol. He then asked me to give them some private time, I had a feeling the job was filled for some reason. I went back in and they said to send some references to them, I sent them and he never responded. I went on their website the next week to see that they hired someone already working there to take position, thanks for letting me know. Also, a bad business decision, I have a feeling this one won't last long. I got a better position at a welcoming gym the next week! I would advise against working here but it could be this particular location/employees that are just odd.

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness in December 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview with the manager. We went over the job responsibilities and what to expect in the work place. She said she was going to talk with the VP of the gym to see if he wanted to set up a second interview. Never got a call back and when I tried to call them, the manager was never in.

Club Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (West Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

I initially applied online for a District Manager role, and was contacted by the owner suggesting I was a better fit for the Club Manager role. There was a phone screen and 2 in-person interviews at different locations. The first two interviews focused on my background and experience. The final interview involved more role playing to demonstrate how I would handle sales calls. It was not until the last 5 minutes of my final interview that salary was mentioned, this was extremely unfortunate because if they had brought it up earlier in the process I would have chosen not to move forward as it was vastly outside of my target range. Furthermore, I was extremely disappointed that until the final interview, the company portrayed the role as primarily operations management when in reality the role was focused almost entirely on membership sales, which was another red flag for me. The company told me they were not looking to fill the position until 1 month after my interview at that time as well. I declined to move forward with the opportunity before receiving an offer or any further feedback.

Interview Questions

• Role play how you would handle a customer looking to cancel their membership early, despite being contracted for a full year.   Answer Question

Member Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Centreville, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a first interview by the club manager. Second interview with both manager and owner. Both interviews were about an hour in length, and I felt my voice was heard and respected

Interview Questions

• How I felt my experience could contribute.   1 Answer
    • Where would I want my career to advance   1 Answer
    • What did I enjoy least about my last full time position   1 Answer
    • What was the most positive contributing thing about me   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was very professional

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Evansville, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and forwarded them a copy of my resume. I was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted around 35 minutes. I then was scheduled for a follow up interview with the club manager that lasted around 45 minutes. I was scheduled for a final interview with two upper management employees from other clubs and the club manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in making cold calls to people and will you be able to convince them of the worth of a gym membership and why they should pay money to workout?   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty extensive. First is a phone interview with the owner. After that I had to go into the club and take a personal training test. The questions ranged from science, to practical and sales. A few days later I got invited to come in for a interview and a practical with the fitness director. Usually those are done separately but they were in a rush because a new club was opening so I did them on the same day. I also had to write a program for a made up client.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate two exercises from my program.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

My interview was very much comforting and motivating. My employers asked me questions about background goals life plan, interests, and situational questions. They asked me if I had any questions about themselves and company.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Suffolk, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Inquired about a job to the club manager and was interviewed 2 days later. I was asked my reason for wanting to work for the company and we discussed the gym culture as well as rules and regulations regarding the gym.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Membership Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a great experience with the interview process. A fair warning that Anytime Fitness is a franchise so everyone does it differently. I had a single phone interview followed by two in person interviews. The phone interview was simple. It didn't even last five minutes. They really just wanted to make sure there time was well spent. The first in person interview lasted about 2 hours that was filled with questions about your characteristics, personality, and career experience. The second in person interview lasted a duration of 40 minutes. They called it an unofficial offer. They really wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Biggest weakness   1 Answer
    • What is your 1 year plan?
      Five year plan?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward and to the point. Not much negotiating.