Anytime Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Towson, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

One on one interview in office. Management was looking for outgoing personality types. Wanted to know why I was interested in the position. How would I contribute to the company. What separated me from other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked on spot how would I go about generating more members. What would work best to draw in new gym members.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What type of schedule was I looking for. (you can suggest whatever, but it won't likely be what you'll get)

Membership Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a great experience with the interview process. A fair warning that Anytime Fitness is a franchise so everyone does it differently. I had a single phone interview followed by two in person interviews. The phone interview was simple. It didn't even last five minutes. They really just wanted to make sure there time was well spent. The first in person interview lasted about 2 hours that was filled with questions about your characteristics, personality, and career experience. The second in person interview lasted a duration of 40 minutes. They called it an unofficial offer. They really wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Biggest weakness   1 Answer
    • What is your 1 year plan?
      Five year plan?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward and to the point. Not much negotiating.

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Evansville, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and forwarded them a copy of my resume. I was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted around 35 minutes. I then was scheduled for a follow up interview with the club manager that lasted around 45 minutes. I was scheduled for a final interview with two upper management employees from other clubs and the club manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in making cold calls to people and will you be able to convince them of the worth of a gym membership and why they should pay money to workout?   1 Answer

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness in December 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview with the manager. We went over the job responsibilities and what to expect in the work place. She said she was going to talk with the VP of the gym to see if he wanted to set up a second interview. Never got a call back and when I tried to call them, the manager was never in.

Membership Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was screened first with a 1hr phone interview by the co-owner/manager, then met one-on-one with the owner at the gym for another 1hr interview. Also had to complete personality test in between. The first interview discussed personal goals, strengths/weaknesses, and skills/experiences from previous jobs. The second interview was situation based questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most common misconception about you?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Lafayette, LA) in April 2013.

Interview

Straight and to the point. Jeff is great about that. He asked where I lived, and what I was looking for in the job, and if I like to talk to people. I lived close ,and I just needed something to fill my time and cleaning addiction. .I adore talking to people. It was a fit.

Interview Questions

• What was I looking for in a job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Boston, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (New Boston, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Very simple with no pressure. Felt extremely comfortable during the process. Went over duties of the job and responsibilities of being the general manager and what is expected.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working with the public.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple, I got in touch with the owner and got an interview set up right away. They make sure to look at if you have had a sales back round and if you are good at talking to people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Pearland, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

unprofessional experience..

owner did a phone interview asking a series of questions on my past fitness experience and said i would get a call to further process for a 1 on 1. never received a call back. waited several weeks to hear a response by email after i had to email him several times. owner lets me know they hired a previous gm from another anytime fitness to run his club. 2 months later same owner emails me back to inform me the person he hired is moving to north carolina and i was a good candidate besides that guy. i emailed him back and still no response. another month passes and i followed up with him and owner had the nerve to say he hired someone else because he thought i wasnt interested anymore. how would you know im not interested if you dont contact me? needless to say, i chose not to pursue opportunities with this company any further, due to incompetency in organization.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anytime Fitness (Sarasota, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the franchise owner that lasted about an hour, he then scheduled an interview in-person. I went in to speak to him the next day, he went over the position, asked if I had any questions, texted me the next day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you effectively reduce attrition in your membership sales?   Answer Question