Apache Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.7

Geology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apache (Lafayette, LA).

Interview

Relatively easy and natural process. Know your resume and be able to talk confidently about your previous experiences and what you learned from them. It was nothing too technical besides the aspects about my research.

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apache (Laramie, WY) in September 2017.

Interview

I got the interview by going to the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous. Showed my resume and explained the research that I have done through my school career. The interview itself was very simple. You will likely be interviewing with two individuals. They will ask you in detail about your resume.

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apache (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I thought the in person interview went well. I answered all questions thoroughly and displayed technical knowledge above what they asked. But I mentioned pay equity, and should have known better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of these configurable modules that you built.   Answer Question

Spotfire Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apache (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick, in depth and to the point. Participants in the interview process were knowledgeable about the position and the work that they were doing. They also started and stopped on time.

Interview Questions

• Questions about ETL and scripting that were not really part of the job description.   Answer Question

Director of Strategic Initiatives, Mergers & Acquisitions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apache (Chicago, IL).

Interview

E-Mailed Resume Into Hiring Manager Off of LinkedIn. Numerous E-Mails Back and Forth followed up by a brief phone interview. The phone call seemed to be targeted at shutting the process down jumping straight to salary. That being the case why not lead with here's our targeted compensation range if it's not what you're looking for we're done here.

Interview Questions

• Salary Range, and Expectations   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apache (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at university job fair, applied online and was selected for an on campus interview in the following weeks. There was a pre-interview information session with the whole recruiting team and several past interns from our school that was very informative. Basic behavioral interview with a senior engineer with no technical questions.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apache (Norman, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through school and talked to the recruiters in person at the career fair. They told me I got an interview a week later. Took all of us out to a restaurant to get to know us. The Interview was the next day and all questions were typical and not tricky. They let me know the decision in two weeks.

Petroleum Engineering Field Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apache (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall a pretty typical interview. 30 minutes, went over resume based questions, then switched to 3 behavioral. I only ended up doing 2 because we talked so long about things on y resume. Everyone was extremely nice and you get interviewed by someone who is an actual engineer, so they can answer any questions you may after!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where something happened in a team and you wished you could change the outcome.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apache (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Very casual but straight to the point. Will ask about previous experience as well as what you are looking for etc. Make sure your knowledge of excel is intact, will be needed on a daily basics.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apache (Houston, TX).

Interview

Friendly people. Got the interview through a headhunter and a connection.
    It's difficult to get into Apache, I tried for several years before getting in.
    People were friendly and respectful through out the whole process.
    Negotiated the offer a little bit.

Interview Questions

• Questions about years of experience, past projects, past accomplishments.   Answer Question