Apigee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apigee Interview Questions

Interviews at Apigee

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on Friday, scheduled the first interview for Monday. It was a phone-interview. The interviewer was very friendly, passionate about his work and explained his work in great detail. The interview focused mainly on concepts and how well can I apply them in new scenarios. Within 45 minutes after my interview, I was given a positive feedback and scheduled next 2 interviews for Friday of the same week. One interview was technical again based on concepts and the other was taken by the hiring manager. The conversation with the hiring manager was mainly about my interests, past projects and my skill set. After this, I was given a decision within a week. Overall, the interview experience was very positive, smooth and the people seemed to love their work.

Interview Questions

• All questions were simply based on concepts. The topics covered were data structures, algorithms, computer networks and NoSQL databases.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR after few weeks. Got 3 1hour tech rounds scheduled after clearing each. All were o a shared coding pad/sharesh screen. Heard back after 3 weeks, and got scheduled for 2 more tech interview on phone in quick time because of my deadline. Then got a chance to speak to VP and got the offer on same day. All the interviewers were really friendly and made me comfortable solving the problem. The HR team was really quick throughout the process. They were really friendly. I really had great experience interviewing with Apigee. Unfortunately, I couldn't accept the offer and had tough time making this decision. I really learnt a lot in the process and its a great place to work at.

Interview Questions

• Initial rounds - Algorithm problem solving (Moderate difficulty), System design.
      Later rounds - Team specific, threads, java internals, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fair. They contacted me and gave me an one hour technical interview the next day. And after that went well, they brought me to San Jose for an on site interview. There are five interviews, four technical and one behavioral, it is pretty packed. The office seems nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial call with HR. After HR call, had one telephonic round and later I was invited for onsite interviews. There are 4 white board technical rounds, 1 manager round and 1 round with both Head of Engineering and Head of HR;

Overall experience is average and recruiting HR is pretty poor in getting details about candidates and not much open to different positions.

Interview Questions

• Simple design question and other questions are from Leetcode.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Had 3 rounds of phone interviews - 2 technical & 1 hiring manager. Questions were very direct and simple. All the interviewers were very passionate and discussed in the detail about their company's open sourced policy and their team.

Interview Questions

• With the given denominations: 1, 5, 10 & 25 and a target sum return a list of different
      combination of coins whose sum would equal to the given target.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. I had three rounds of interview. I was told about the offer in next couple of days. Whole interview process took less than 2 weeks.

Apigee is a good company to work for. With my interview experience, people are so passionate about their work.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apigee in February 2016.

Interview

3 interviews all done over the phone. Initial conversation with recruiter, followed by (2) 45 minute back to back technical interviews. Final phone interview with head of engineering. Received the offer the next day.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee in December 2015.

Interview

Had a quick call with a recruiter, then a 2 hour back to back phone interview with some engineers. The technical interviews were fairly standard, and on the easier side. After that I had a call with the VP of engineering, and then received my offer. Overall the process was smooth and went very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked questions about what appeals to me about the product and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apigee (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The HR Director, Paul I believe, was completely ungrateful to the fact that I was willing to interview on a holiday. It was very contradictory to the "culture" Apigee seems to promote, then scheduled a follow up interview with Chet (the CEO) who asked personal questions and then used them to determine I was unworthy of a position

Interview Questions

• How I felt I would contribute to their culture.   1 Answer

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very thorough, interview process was extensive but thanks to the awesome HR team, the whole process went pretty smoothly and quickly. Phone interview and video/audio interviews followed by an in-person interview with important team members and decision makers. Remember, you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you! The thoroughness of this company ensures that the people there are meant to be a good fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• If you were a font what font would you be?
      Which is your favorite project and why?
      Are you familiar with.. (list of apps.)
      Describe your design process   Answer Question