Apigee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 24, 2016

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial call with HR. After HR call, had one telephonic round and later I was invited for onsite interviews. There are 4 white board technical rounds, 1 manager round and 1 round with both Head of Engineering and Head of HR;

Overall experience is average and recruiting HR is pretty poor in getting details about candidates and not much open to different positions.

Interview Questions

• Simple design question and other questions are from Leetcode.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apigee (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

In person interview process was easy but i am not happy about the part the person who was asking coding question was not not sure what he is asking. He asked me permutation and combination coding question and I felt he himself did not know difference between permutation and combination. I wrote code of combination using power set approach and he did not know what is power set so he could not understand the code which i wrote. So now if interviewer does not know the question himself then how he can judge any candidate. He was too casual in interview randomly asking anything but if i asked questions then he himself will get confused what he is asking i felt he was not prepared for taking interviews. After this process i get email next day they do not want to move forward. Overall very bad interview experience.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Had an initial screen call, followed up by two online skill assessments a few weeks apart. The next step was an onsite multi-hour interview that consisted of addition skill assessments. Another few weeks passed and there was a quick final call with the Head of HR. There was no more communication for a week and a half afterward and after reaching out to all available contacts without success then received a form email back that they were moving on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee.

Interview

straight forward interview that made sure you were prepared. If you were prepared, interview should be straight forward. Like any interview, you should be prepared to articulate how you would add value to the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good at this job?   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on Glassdoor and was contacted by a recruiter within one week. We discussed my skills and other work related interests. A technical phone screen was scheduled the next day. The phone screen consisted of general technical knowledge questions and two coding questions, conducted via an online collaboration tool. Soon after an onsite interview was scheduled. The interview was very casual and friendly, consisting mainly of general discussions about technologies and specific details concerning the position. The last interview involved a general discussion with the VP of Engineering. I received an offer the next day.

The entire process was an excellent experience throughout. Both the recruiters and engineers were extremely friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Print unique strings in a array.   1 Answer

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very thorough, interview process was extensive but thanks to the awesome HR team, the whole process went pretty smoothly and quickly. Phone interview and video/audio interviews followed by an in-person interview with important team members and decision makers. Remember, you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you! The thoroughness of this company ensures that the people there are meant to be a good fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• If you were a font what font would you be?
      Which is your favorite project and why?
      Are you familiar with.. (list of apps.)
      Describe your design process
      Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apigee.

Interview

I was very interested in the position and did a lot of research and demos/tutorials on their web site. I had a call with recruiter followed by a video call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was friendly but seemed to question my interest in the job. He said he needed another call to probe this interest. Never heard from anyone again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Apigee in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR after few weeks. Got 3 1hour tech rounds scheduled after clearing each. All were o a shared coding pad/sharesh screen. Heard back after 3 weeks, and got scheduled for 2 more tech interview on phone in quick time because of my deadline. Then got a chance to speak to VP and got the offer on same day. All the interviewers were really friendly and made me comfortable solving the problem. The HR team was really quick throughout the process. They were really friendly. I really had great experience interviewing with Apigee. Unfortunately, I couldn't accept the offer and had tough time making this decision. I really learnt a lot in the process and its a great place to work at.

Interview Questions

• Initial rounds - Algorithm problem solving (Moderate difficulty), System design.
      Later rounds - Team specific, threads, java internals, etc.
      Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apigee in February 2016.

Interview

The initial HR round was conducted quickly but next round with the actual support engineer was never set up. After a follow-up email I was told that the interview will be scheduled next week and they were working on it with the interviewer. I did not hear back from them after that. I followed up for almost a month and no answer. Really unprofessional. Did not expect it to be like that since after speaking to the HR I felt good about the company over all and they had a really interesting product.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apigee in February 2016.

Interview

3 interviews all done over the phone. Initial conversation with recruiter, followed by (2) 45 minute back to back technical interviews. Final phone interview with head of engineering. Received the offer the next day.