KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 123 of over 134 reviews

4.0
Apigee CEO Chet Kapoor
Chet Kapoor
Pros
  • "Smart people, market leader, work with fantastic customers who have an urgent need for Apigee's solutions(in 13 reviews)

• "Great work environment, good work/life balance(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You must be very self motivated and self-directed(in 6 reviews)

• "Environment may be too fast paced for some(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic company, great culture

Mar 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best companies I have worked at.

Cons

Self directed folks most successful

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Politics Galore

Aug 15, 2019 - Senior Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Apigee was full of great people.

Cons

Terrible Politics. Apigee was full of great people that were held back by office politics.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Software Engineer

Feb 22, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

relaxed culture, happy people, great lunch

Cons

politics in upper management, tech was a mess

4. 5.0

GL accountant

Nov 28, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

everything is good everything is great.

Cons

Nothing to mentioned everything is perfect.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Thoughtful, Passionate People

Jul 21, 2016 - Sales & Marketing in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are incredibly passionate about their work, bright, and supportive of each other. It is truly a hub of learning how companies across the world are becoming platforms and implementing API business models.

Cons

It's tough to come up with cons as I had a wonderful experience at Apigee. Be ready to move fast and be accountable for your own growth and learning.

12 people found this review helpful

Apigee Response

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. It is always sad to see a review from a "former employee" but gratifying to know that you had a fulfilling experience. And, I can't agree enough that we are blessed with "thoughtful, passionate people" All the best to you in you in your future endeavors. Please visit often.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome company with lots of opportunity for growth

Aug 4, 2016 - Software Developer in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really interesting technical problems to solve on all fronts (customer-facing, internal tools, infra, open-source) and opporutnity to work with brand new/up and coming technology - Dedication to open source contribution and presence in communities - They take care of their employees, great benefits, pay, perks and appreciation from coaches - Coach > Manager, your coach is the person responsible for evaluating bonuses and doing all the managerial things, but they also take their job as a mentor seriously. I've had great coach relationships and they've been the highlight of my time here. - Lots of opportunity to step up and take ownership of projects - Obvious that everyone believes in and is passionate about the company and is unified behind a central vision. - Flat hierarchy means you can talk to anyone, and it is in fact welcome/encouraged

Cons

- can feel slightly chaotic at times due to flat hierarchy, when attempting to determine who the PoC is for something - hint of poor work/life balance, sometimes messages will come in on weekends or late hours of a weekday, sometimes asked to make really tough deadlines (however upon hitting them, reward is not far behind)

Apigee Response

Thank you for your thorough review. I've learned from reading your thoughts. Perhaps one of the most gratifying things I've read here is when you said "I've had great coach relationships and they've been the highlight of my time here" Totally appreciate the work/life balance comment. We are surrounded by dedicated, committed people who integrate work and life and often find the work part to subsume much of the life part. I suspect that some of this is simply the way we are wired. That said, am always open to ideas re. how we might improve in this area. Last thought: I'm reading this at the end of a week. You've set me up for a nice weekend. Thank YOU!

7. 5.0

Fantastic Internship Experience

Aug 1, 2016 - Intern in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- As an intern you get to work on projects which are interesting, challenging, and will actually be used - Interesting people, great work environment - There are biweekly lunch and learns where the CEO, the CTO, senior engineers, and other interesting people talk about their experiences and answer questions - Fun events for interns - The other interns are great to work with - Lunch is catered and is always different

Cons

I have not really had any downsides working here as an intern. Truly a great place.

Apigee Response

I'm glad that you stuck with it too and am thrilled that you are having a great experience. Thank you for writing such a thorough and thoughtful review. And, thank you for dedicating your summer to us. I hope you've learned a ton.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company which customer focus

Aug 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture (people, mentor) Fast reaction to customer demands (very active customer interactions, POC design) A bunch of great people with a wide range of knowledge (technology, strategy, sales) Concrete actions and delivery (it is all about what to contribute)

Cons

Being customer focus is not enough since there is a need to be ahead of what the customer need/want, There are some cliques (technical/nontechnical, new hire/old hire, previous company) that in term could create some problems, Sometimes acting too much at strategic consultant with high vision but no path to execution.

1 person found this review helpful

Apigee Response

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I agree that we've built a pretty special culture and that we place priority on "fast reaction to customer demands" It's an interesting thought about being "ahead of what the customer need..." Clearly, this would be awesome. At the same time, this philosophy has plagued the IT industry with products, features, functions that have no market. As in all things, I'm sure that the right answer lies in moderation and balance. Please let me close by wishing you good fortune. I hope that your next experience offers you all that you are looking for and that you find happiness and success.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great impressions

Jul 28, 2016 - Operations Engineer in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of exceptional people at Apigee. There are also people who aren't quite there yet, but most of them are young and by being here, they'll definitely be exceptional in their field in the future. If you're an Engineer, you'll be tasked with challenging problems. The problems, in my experience, have been fun and exciting. I remember during my interview, my interviewer said something that really stuck with me and enticed me into joining and that was "We're trying to solve the problems of the future". For context during the interview, "problems" referred to technical problems, but in many ways Apigee as a whole is trying to solve other problems in the world. If there's anything that you need in order to do your job better, you can definitely send a casual message to either the front desk (people ops) or IT. There's also a vending machine with common accessories. Parking is a breeze if you manage to get access to the building's parking lot. Otherwise, it's a small walk from the other parking lot down the street. Keto/Low-carbers will not have many issues with the catered lunch selections. There's usually always options. I, however, sometimes cheat when Sushi day comes along. Mostly everyone's calendar is public so you can spy Table tennis table and billiards in the gym

Cons

You might gain weight here if you aren't strongly willed when 11:30am comes around, but even the healthy options are tasty

Apigee Response

Wow, what a wonderful way to start a day! I woke up to this review and feel like my day is off to a great start Thank you for being so thorough and so thoughtful. We are operating on the belief that our environment impacts our engagement and our engagement impacts our ability to serve customers. Your review gives me confidence that we are on the right thought. Thank you!

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Solid company: Better employees

May 18, 2016 - Sales in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, backed by a better team. Open door policies and genuine top of the class team. Forward movement and a general happy work environment.

Cons

More openness about big company and product changes, but overall a good job by management. Could me more accommodating of remote employees.

10 people found this review helpful

Apigee Response

I think that perhaps the best testimony about a company comes from someone who is now a "former" employee. While I'm always sorry to see people leave, I understand that change is inevitable and that there are times when the best situation in a new one. Thank you for honoring your former colleagues with this review! I can't agree more that we have a "genuine top of the class team" I wish you the best of luck in your new role and hope you know that if you ever need our help we'll be here for you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 123 Reviews