Apotex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apotex Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apotex in February 2014.

Interview

I had a wonderful experience with Apotex and their recruitment procedure. I had a phone screen, followed by an assessment followed by a face to face interview. They seemed very thorough with their questions and the recruiting manager kept me in the loop of where my application was and provided feedback throughout. I did not get the offer as a previous employee came back into the role. However, I would apply for a position with them again.

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apotex (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first for about 30 minutes. Then an online skills assessment on basic English grammar, reading comprehension and mathematics. All questions are multiple choice and calculators allowed.
    An in-person interview in their office the following week with the Production Supervisor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apotex.

Interview

Applied internally as I was already at Apotex on a contract position. I had a face-face interview with the Production Investigations Supervisor concerning the role and my experience. Interview process consisted of bahavioral questions and what my career goals were within apotex.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the role?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the investigations team?   1 Answer
    • What are the skills you think is needed for the role?   1 Answer

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apotex (North York, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR whom they interviewed me on the phone for around 15 minutes. The questions were easy and reasonable. After answering all of the questions she told me that she will send a link for an assessment. The assessment is really easy and it's all about
    basic math and English.

Interview Questions

• Best project?
      Any problem with a co-worker? if yes how did you overcome it?
      A mistake you have done at work and how did you behave?
      They also wanted to know if I can read SOP's and perform in GMP   Answer Question

/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apotex (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Got an email within 2 weeks to set up an interview for the following week. The interview itself lasted 15-20 minutes and was with 2 Quality Control Supervisors and someone from human resources. They said they would reach a decision by next week but got I an offer within two days.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brantford, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apotex (Brantford, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

It is a panel interview with the global quality affairs manager, the quality assurance manager, and an HR representative.

The hiring experience will take you through 2 weeks of orientation with company policies and safety, health, and environment reading before you are allowed in the lab area where you will be taught over 3 months the operations, troubleshooting, and analytical methods you will regularly be using.

Interview Questions

• - Describe your experience with HPLC/GC/UPLC
      - Strengths/Weaknesses
      - Overview of the lab skills and their applications throughout your career
      - Troubleshooting and technical knowledge of instrumentation
      - Many more questions but they were along these lines and prodded you for more information   Answer Question

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apotex (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant recruitment process. Phone interview first, test on multiple sections (reading, writing, comprehension, vocabulary, math), panel interview, and then offer letter. Definitely do your homework and prepare for the interview from requirement in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Name components of HPLC?
      Difference between HPLC and GC in terms of column?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Associate Interview

Interview

This was a positive experience. Relevant questions asked. Great discussion points. The hiring process was quick and professional .
    The hiring manager was friendly and interactive.. the front desk staff was very professional and courteous

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apotex in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews that tested personal and business achievements. Sounds like a good company to work with. Understand the core requirements that will allow you to succeed in the role and what skills you are bringing to the table

Quality Assurance Releaser Interview

Interview

It's my fifth time interviewing with Apotex, and as usual the result is always the same. This time, it seemed like they already had an internal candidate in mind and were just trying to get me in and out as soon as possible.

It's clear that they briefly skimmed over my resume and didn't even check the dates listed. My experience consists of several co-op positions, each several months in length. As soon as I mentioned that, I could tell from her expression that she only saw the positions on my resume and that she had probably assumed that each one had lasted years without actually checking the dates listed. Another question they immediately asked was if I knew anybody in the company - and if you answer "no" like I did, you'll get a completely shortened interview.

After those initial questions, they quickly tried to get me out of the interview. I observed the timetable I had to sign to get in and saw that other candidates were interviewed for the position before me, all with interviews that lasted about an hour - and I saw the interviewer walk out with the interviewee before me to confirm that the interview was for the same position and not a different one. My interview only consisted of two questions and lasted about ten min.

Honestly, I was treated with extreme disdain - I have never in my life before get treated so disrespectfully. The talent acquisition specialist who asked most of the questions just kept laughing at me and my answers throughout the interview.

I was asked a question regarding customer service, and I told them that that was a priority and that customers should be happy and that an effort should be made to please them and to also carefully consider criticism in the development of future projects - and I get laughed at like I'm a rodeo clown. No wonder Apotex is getting sued for their birth control pills.

Seriously - I'd answer a detailed response to the best of my ability, only to get laughed at? I took time off from my current position to attend an Apotex interview, only to get treated so poorly? I have never met a woman so rude and passive-aggressive before.

My interviewer didn't even want to hear most of my answers and on many occasions cut me off mid-sentence to ask another one of their pre-prepared questions. As well, I had to repeat myself many times because she clearly wasn't listening to what I was saying and just nodding and laughing in her own world. It wasn't even like a conversation - I was just explaining my answers and she didn't even look me eye-to-eye, instead just scribbling notes onto her notepad.

The period where I was allowed to ask questions lasted much longer than the period where they were asking the questions! When I asked questions regarding the position, it was abundantly clear that they had NO details regarding the position.

When I asked the salary, she immediately retorted, "What are your expectations?!" I told her clearly that this was my turn to ask questions, to which she told me, "Oh no, this is classified as a technical interview, I can't do that!" Asked her about the benefits, she said there were none - which meant that they had lied in the job description. They also had no estimates of the dates of the beginning and the ending of the contract. No paid vacation. These folks really want to hide their poor business practices.

I really dislike how I have to give information regarding my previous employers to these people before I get into the interview. I want to be certain that such personal information can be secure - and with the amount of solicitations I get from Apotex I get very scared.

I have called them to withdraw my candidacy for their positions and also asked that they remove my personal information from their database because of the number of calls I get for contract-based positions they're not able to find anybody else for.

I have honestly attended many, many Apotex interviews, both while I university and after graduation, and I would keep telling myself that I probably got a bad interviewer and I probably had a bad day, but I've realized now that I'm not doing anything wrong and am extremely proud of the way that I handled the interview questions. I'm never going to consider Apotex again, not for their positions and neither for their business.