Apotex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apotex Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apotex in February 2014.

Interview

I had a wonderful experience with Apotex and their recruitment procedure. I had a phone screen, followed by an assessment followed by a face to face interview. They seemed very thorough with their questions and the recruiting manager kept me in the loop of where my application was and provided feedback throughout. I did not get the offer as a previous employee came back into the role. However, I would apply for a position with them again.

Associate Interview

Interview

This was a positive experience. Relevant questions asked. Great discussion points. The hiring process was quick and professional .
    The hiring manager was friendly and interactive.. the front desk staff was very professional and courteous

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Quality Assurance Releaser Interview

Interview

It's my fifth time interviewing with Apotex, and as usual the result is always the same. This time, it seemed like they already had an internal candidate in mind and were just trying to get me in and out as soon as possible.

It's clear that they briefly skimmed over my resume and didn't even check the dates listed. My experience consists of several co-op positions, each several months in length. As soon as I mentioned that, I could tell from her expression that she only saw the positions on my resume and that she had probably assumed that each one had lasted years without actually checking the dates listed. Another question they immediately asked was if I knew anybody in the company - and if you answer "no" like I did, you'll get a completely shortened interview.

After those initial questions, they quickly tried to get me out of the interview. I observed the timetable I had to sign to get in and saw that other candidates were interviewed for the position before me, all with interviews that lasted about an hour - and I saw the interviewer walk out with the interviewee before me to confirm that the interview was for the same position and not a different one. My interview only consisted of two questions and lasted about ten min.

Honestly, I was treated with extreme disdain - I have never in my life before get treated so disrespectfully. The talent acquisition specialist who asked most of the questions just kept laughing at me and my answers throughout the interview.

I was asked a question regarding customer service, and I told them that that was a priority and that customers should be happy and that an effort should be made to please them and to also carefully consider criticism in the development of future projects - and I get laughed at like I'm a rodeo clown. No wonder Apotex is getting sued for their birth control pills.

Seriously - I'd answer a detailed response to the best of my ability, only to get laughed at? I took time off from my current position to attend an Apotex interview, only to get treated so poorly? I have never met a woman so rude and passive-aggressive before.

My interviewer didn't even want to hear most of my answers and on many occasions cut me off mid-sentence to ask another one of their pre-prepared questions. As well, I had to repeat myself many times because she clearly wasn't listening to what I was saying and just nodding and laughing in her own world. It wasn't even like a conversation - I was just explaining my answers and she didn't even look me eye-to-eye, instead just scribbling notes onto her notepad.

The period where I was allowed to ask questions lasted much longer than the period where they were asking the questions! When I asked questions regarding the position, it was abundantly clear that they had NO details regarding the position.

When I asked the salary, she immediately retorted, "What are your expectations?!" I told her clearly that this was my turn to ask questions, to which she told me, "Oh no, this is classified as a technical interview, I can't do that!" Asked her about the benefits, she said there were none - which meant that they had lied in the job description. They also had no estimates of the dates of the beginning and the ending of the contract. No paid vacation. These folks really want to hide their poor business practices.

I really dislike how I have to give information regarding my previous employers to these people before I get into the interview. I want to be certain that such personal information can be secure - and with the amount of solicitations I get from Apotex I get very scared.

I have called them to withdraw my candidacy for their positions and also asked that they remove my personal information from their database because of the number of calls I get for contract-based positions they're not able to find anybody else for.

I have honestly attended many, many Apotex interviews, both while I university and after graduation, and I would keep telling myself that I probably got a bad interviewer and I probably had a bad day, but I've realized now that I'm not doing anything wrong and am extremely proud of the way that I handled the interview questions. I'm never going to consider Apotex again, not for their positions and neither for their business.

R&D Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Apotex (Brantford, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Communication was a chore as I had applied for the job 6 months prior before they contacted me. It was very difficult to get in touch with the company regarding interview logistics or to answer inquiries.

Interview itself was very positive and a great experience, application process was like pulling teeth.

Interview Questions

• I had two interviews, one with HR and another with the lead engineers. Both were very friendly and I had a great overall interviewing experience.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Co-op Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apotex.

Interview

Received an interview for the job after applying for it through my University. The interview process was fairly normal with no surprises. 2 people interviewed me with the use of Skype. It was scheduled to take 30 minutes but I felt like it was more on the 20 minute side.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of something you did that demonstrated that you have the ability to pay strong attention to detail?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apotex (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted for interview within 2-3 weeks, interviewed in person on campus for 30 minutes. Interviewed by two people at the same time, one HR manager and one Senior Engineer. They alternated the questioning and asked very different styles of questions. The HR manager asked mainly behavioural questions, while the Senior Engineer asked questions, having given you a scenario

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions, standard interview questions   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apotex (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to Apotex online. Within a few days someone e-mailed me from HR requesting a phone interview. She called the following day and the interview lasted approximately 10 mins where she asked a few questions about my previous job and explained the new role a bit. She then contacted me via e-mail for an in person interview where I was interviewed by 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you dealt with a difficult client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Apotex?   1 Answer
    • Describe your role at your previous job.   1 Answer

QC Chemist (Co-op) Interview

Interview

Interview started a bit later than scheduled as the interviewers ran a bit late. Sat down with the supervisor of the department and someone from HR. Half of the interview was basic 'tell us about yourself', or 'describe a time when you faced a challenge' HR stuff, while the other half was more technical regarding laboratory/scientific knowledge. I listed as many things as I could for the technical part, leaving out information or concepts that I wasn't 100% familiar with, but the supervisor deliberately touched upon the stuff that I neglected to mention.

Interview Questions

• What are some laboratory analytical techniques and can you describe them?   Answer Question

Analitical Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apotex.

Interview

First HR interview took place by telephone call, with the same usual HR questions. Then the forwarded me to Language test department for next day. very simple test. Listening, math questions+ 10 word synonym+ writing.

Interview Questions

• the same usual Q in HR interviews.   1 Answer

Engineering Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apotex (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was 30 minutes. Got it from campus recruiting. A lot of behavioural questions. A paper with pictures was given and asked to tell what was wrong with the pictures. Not really technical questions but make sure you know your resume well. They look for skills such as prioritising and time management.

Interview Questions

• - What do you know about Apotex?

- How do you deal with a conflict with other people?
      Answer Question