Apple American Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple American Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2016

2.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple American Group.

Interview

Sit down with an area director at a local store. Make sure they you dress appropriately for business. A tie and dress shirt. The people who are interviewing you are really nice people.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about your restaurant experience and what your strongest qualities are. Half the time though they spend talking to you about what kind of person you are. They are looking for people to up hold their gold card. They want people who show integrity. DO NOT CHEW GUM OR BRING A COFFEE TO YOUR INTERVIEW.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple American Group (Manchester, NH) in November 2014.

Interview

After filling out an extensive online application, HR will send an email for conformation of a phone interview. Once the phone interview is complete an online assessment test is taken and if you pass this test you move on to face to face interviews. One or Two interviews face to face leads to a shadow shift in which the applicant fallows a manager for a full shift, at the end of which a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• The assessment test is timed and some of the math questions which focus on comparing percentages of cost from one store to another are a bit of a surprise and can be a bit tough if not prepared.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple American Group (Augusta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Online application. Follow up by phone (important for applicant to be persistent as local restaurant managers are real busy). Interview with Asst. Mgr then GM. Conversation was very laid-back in both interviews. Having a lot of experience made it very easy to impress them. If you don't have restaurant experience, you want to be sure to share your outgoing personality with them and talk about experience in customer service, especially where you went "above and beyond." This is what makes a great server. I got hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your favorite item on the menu to a customer?   Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple American Group.

Interview

They will hire anyone to be a manager that has a pulse. They are desperate for managers and don't take the time to hire quality people. The process was very easy. I had a phone interview, met with a training gym who interviewed me for about 5 minutes.. Then a group interview and I was hired

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple American Group (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

They interview process was quite long. I had to interview with four different sources. They first interview was with HR and 3 others. Before they decide to hire you have to do a day on site. Which is beneficial to both parties. It gives you an idea of what your about to commit to.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a manager experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple American Group (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2014.

Interview

I filled out an extensive online application, Was sent an email for conformation for a phone interview. Once the phone interview is complete an online assessment test is taken and if you pass this test you move on to face to face interviews. Met all credentials, met GM.

Interview Questions

• Best/Worst employee experience.   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager/General Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a Human Resources person from Apple American and told that she had seen my resume on-line and thought I could be a good fit for the a management position. I spent about an hour on the phone with her and it seemed to go fine. After that, she asked me to fill out an on-line assessment, which took almost 2 hours. After a week or so, I heard from a District Manager that my assement was great and that he wanted to meet with me. This all coincided with the holidays, so I didn't expect anything to happen that quickly. About two weeks went by before Finally heard back from the DM with a day for the interview. The interview was at a restaurant that was a 4 hour drive from my home. I thought the interview went well..I mean, there were no awkward pauses or questions that I wasn't expecting or couldn't answer. I even felt that I "clicked" with the interviewer. After the interview, which was on a Wednesday, I was told that I could expect to hear back from him early the following week, since he was tied up in meetings for the next two days. He indicated that he would like me to meet with the Human Resources person and after that schedule a "working interview". I really thought there was some hope here. Well, all of the following week went by without a call. By the following Monday, I called and left a message for the DM. After several days, I tried again and heard nothing back. Then, I tried calling and leaving messages for the human resources person who had initially contacted me. Still nothing. Apparently it's just too much to expect that someone have the decency to call a candidate back, even if it's to say, we hired someone else..Soooo..Apple American Group wasted about 10 hours of my time and left me with a bad feeling.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions..they were all pretty much standard interview questions   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple American Group (Akron, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Had to complete a personality test and 1 on 1 interview. Super easy

Server Bartender Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple American Group (Columbus, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Computer based application and personality test then face to face with each of the assistant managers and the store manager very unprofessional touch to it no drug or background screen

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best person for this position   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you caught a co worker stealing   1 Answer
    • What is good customer service to you   1 Answer