Applied Intuition Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Applied Intuition

Applied Intuition

Application

I interviewed at Applied Intuition

Interview

Chat with a recruiter, a phone screen if necessary. Onsite: - 30 min group intro, talking thru interviewers and my backgrounds. - Four 45-minute technical questions. A mix of novel autonomous vehicles-based questions, leet-code questions, and simulation questions. I used my laptop as a coding environment, but a coderpad link was provided.

Interview Questions
  • Autonomous vehicles and simulation questions I hadn't seen before, but were fair to ask and fun to solve.
    Answer Question

Applied Intuition

Application

I interviewed at Applied Intuition

Interview

Started with an informative HR call, answered all the questions I had. Next step was phone screen with an engineer. Thought I came up with the correct solution with passing test cases, but was did not make it to the next round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Applied Intuition

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Applied Intuition in Jan 2021

Interview

- 1 hour virtual interview (1 Leetcode Medium) - Onsite, 4 hour virtual interview with 4 different engineers, each with a different Leetcode Medium problem - Culture fit interviews (I did not pass the onsite, so I did not reach this stage) In terms of the technical bar, I did not pass it, despite having working, correct, and optimal answers to 3/4 of the questions. I struggled on 1/4. Given the new grads they've interviewed before, they expect quick arrival to the solution and quick responses to questions about recursive runtimes. Although the questions were all standard Medium-level difficulty, I would rank the interview as difficult due the high bar they set for how quickly/cleanly they should be solved. In terms of culture fit, the feedback showed that they highly value passion for the company and engagement with the individual interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Q. Leetcode Medium level questions, but do them well without too much stumbling
2 people found this interview helpful

Applied Intuition

Application

I interviewed at Applied Intuition

Interview

Recruiter screen, technical phone interview, and technical on-site interviews. Technical interviews were a mix of algorithmic and design questions, similar to Google. Interviewers were pleasant to talk with, and recruiter was great. Unfortunately, didn't move on.

Interview Questions
  • Algorithmic and design interview questions, unfortunately, can't say more

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Intuition (Tokyo) in Dec 2020

Interview

Started off by getting a presentation of the company and the background of the interviewer. After that I was asked to present myself. I did than and then we went on diving a little deeper in my experience. At a certain point the interviewer inform me that we are late for the coding part and that we have only 15 minutes, so he wants to move on to that part. That's where things went south. I got presented with a fairly easy problem. I took some time to talk about the solution and I got rushed to write the code. I tried explaining why I did something while writing I was basically ignored by the interviewer, and halfway through my implementation the interviewer told me that I should finish it in a couple minutes, but that he understood the approach and it was actually fine for him. I tried finish it but the interviewer just cut me telling me "Well, I have to go now, if you want to finish the implementation by yourself it's ok, but you don't need to." and closed the communication after we said our farewells . I completed the algorithm and tested it out because I like to see stuff completed. One day later I got a call with the recruiter that told me that the interviewer reported that my software engineering skills were not good enough and that my code was not really maintainable or debuggable without providing any additional information. I didn't complain because I know how this stuff goes and basically I wouldn't get extra info out of it, but I think this was a very unprofessional way of handling the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty easy 2D matrix leetcode-like question. (I don't think I can say more than this)

Applied Intuition

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Applied Intuition in Dec 2020

Interview

(1) Had a few conversations with a recruiter. He was extremely helpful in allowing me to properly understand the business (2) Had an on-site that touched on two Google-style interview questions and two domain-specific questions Despite not getting an offer, this was probably the most positive, pleasant interview experience I've had. The team seemed really nice and passionate about what they do. I had a recruiter named Eitan who was great!

Interview Questions
  • (1) Create a self-driving car simulator (2) Kalman Filter questions (3) Neural Network questions (4) Another software question

Applied Intuition

Application

I interviewed at Applied Intuition

Interview

Overall interview process seems OK but I still remember the first interviewer experience was horrible. The first interview was scheduled for 30min, but the interviewer was 10min late, his first word I still remember was "OMG what a long day, lets begin". He has no  plan to apologize for being late and has no plan to do any formal introduction. All he said was I have a coding question for you, let me know when you are ready in the coding pad. I was able to finish the coding question on time but I felt not fair due to having only less than 20min of the time for the interview. I still remember the interviewer's name is Adriano. Hopeful you  guys don't have a chance to meet with him.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Intuition (San Jose, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

had a brief phone screening with recruiter, one technical coding, then onsite (4 coding questions each about an hour long solving one problem and some time for questions at the end)

Interview Questions
  • medium to difficult leetcode questions (review all standard algorithm and data structures)

Applied Intuition

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Intuition in Apr 2020

Interview

Under planned . The recruiter was great and so was the interviewer, I liked them both and they were very positive and I could see myself work with those personalities, but they clubbed technical discussion and coder pad on same day with uneven ratio, spend 60% of time on technical discussion and ended up with 15 mins or so for coding. I really liked this opportunity, however I am disappointed by the format.For reference, generally tech companies spend 15 mins on technical chat and 45 mins on tech coding for reference.

Interview Questions
  • Can't disclose the question, similar to Modified LC medium on 2D arrays
3 people found this interview helpful

Applied Intuition

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Intuition

Interview

Some of the interviewers were uninterested in your thought process and would just suddenly write code on their own near the end. Doing perfect in the technical interviews won't get you in and the feedback you receive isn't very helpful

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews