Applied Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The internal recruiter/HR was the best! She was responsive, knowledgeable and professional. She kept me updated on the process the whole way. The process was quick. Took the wonderlic test and then phone interviewed with hiring manager. I didn't get the offer but was very impressed by the HR person! She did let me know the result over the phone instead of an auto rejection email. The hiring manager didn't have a set of questions, he said this is just a screening call and so I felt like I didn't really get to present myself.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Systems (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was first called for a brief phone screening. After, I took an online basic personality assessment. Finally I was brought in for an in person interview where they asked me about my experience and technical knowledge. Overall everyone seemed nice and even though I did not get the job I would recommend the company to anyone who asks.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between array and arraylist.   Answer Question
    • They asked other basic OOP principals which sample questions of can be found online.   Answer Question

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

took 4 months before phone interview, another month for in person and almost another month for offer. questions were simple over the phone. VP asks tougher ones, if you have interview "experience" you may find the questioning not bad at all. You may also be interviewed by several people at a time. Experience seemed necessary until I started working there, some have barely any computer experience.

Interview Questions

• How to troubleshoot a computer-what insurance company was i with-how I handled difficult customers in the past   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was extremely disappointed in the lack of feedback from HR. My resume was submitted via employee referral process. I was contacted shortly thereafter by HR, who arranged online test and directed me to formal application. Both were short and straightforward with no challenges. 30-min. screening with HR rep seemed to go well as I had solid experience and industry certification in the field. Seemed like a solid match. Rep asked for salary expectations. I do not normally answer, but chose to quote the average local range for this position stating an expectation that I would fall slightly above mid-range based on my experience. Rep advised that my resume would get forwarded to multiple hiring managers, both of whom had openings, and that I would be contacted for follow up. Waited two weeks then left voucemail for HR rep, followed by email inquiry. Neither were ackowledged. I felt the lack of feedback was highly unprofessional and reflected poorly on the company's culture. I am glad they did not waste more of my time with in-person interviews, as I would prefer a company that operates under more professional standards.

Product Instructor - Remote Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applied Systems (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by a Recruiting Manager who interviewed me by phone regarding my background for about 30 minutes. I have now completed three Skype interviews with other managers in the Education Services Department who will be deciding if I make it to the next round of interviews. Each Skype interview lasted approximately an hour. Before I completed the Skype Interviews, I was sent a Pre-Interview Questionnaire to complete regarding my background, my career goals, my accomplishments, failures and whether or not i had ever received any constructive criticism. I was told by the recruiter that one of the goals of the Pre-Interview Questionnaire was to determine how well I could accomplish written task requests. At this time, I am waiting to see if I make it to the second round of Interviews, where I will have to go and present mock training to the Education Services Department to see how well I perform.

Demand Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews before I had an in person interview. The phone interviews went great, but the in-person interview was a little awkward. It seemed like the really were looking for someone with little experience they can train up.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applied Systems (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from the recruiter about the web development internship for the fall. We went through my resume and discussed my qualifications, then took a personality test. After that, it took nearly 2 months to get any kind of response.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a company recruiter. A phone interview with the recruiter lead to some online testing. After that I had an in depth phone interview with the Sales Manager. I was then flown in to the home office to interview with the VP of Sales. An offer was presented shortly after the interview, we negotiated salary, discussed OTE expectations (sales position), start date and I accepted once we came to terms.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst experience and how did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems in March 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a job fair. I was then contacted within a month for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward. The recruiter that interviewed me was not the same one from the job fair and seemed to have less technical knowledge. She also spoke rather fast, for me this was not an issue, but judging by some reviews I have seen it was for others. Following the phone interview I was asked to apply online and take two online test. One test based based on math skills the other a personality test.
    It is worth noting during the phone interview the recruiter said that would offer $55,000.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience and projects I have worked on   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Systems (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The phone interview started out with the women describing the company and an extremely basic version of what the job description was. When it came time for questions I made sure to tell her that I signed a NDA with my current company, so my answers may be limited. After she asked a few questions, she began to ask what was the software and third party clients that I worked with. I told her that this was protected under my NDA and I couldn't speak any further. She then proceeded to just reword the questions and push for what companies I worked along side. The interview went south at this point as I was flustered that she didn't understand that I could brought to court for answering the things she was asking.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the third party software applications that your company uses?   Answer Question