Applied Systems Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a software developer position in May of 2017. I received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone screening for the next day. The recruiter talked me through what the company is all about and the job description. Then she began to ask me some questions about projects I worked on and programming languages I'm familiar with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Applied Systems

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems in March 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a job fair. I was then contacted within a month for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward. The recruiter that interviewed me was not the same one from the job fair and seemed to have less technical knowledge. She also spoke rather fast, for me this was not an issue, but judging by some reviews I have seen it was for others. Following the phone interview I was asked to apply online and take two online test. One test based based on math skills the other a personality test.
    It is worth noting during the phone interview the recruiter said that would offer $55,000.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience and projects I have worked on   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter (non-technical)
    F2F interview with developers and manager (technical questions and on-paper test)
    Interview was supposed to be business formal attire, except you're the only one dressed this way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Systems (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The phone interview started out with the women describing the company and an extremely basic version of what the job description was. When it came time for questions I made sure to tell her that I signed a NDA with my current company, so my answers may be limited. After she asked a few questions, she began to ask what was the software and third party clients that I worked with. I told her that this was protected under my NDA and I couldn't speak any further. She then proceeded to just reword the questions and push for what companies I worked along side. The interview went south at this point as I was flustered that she didn't understand that I could brought to court for answering the things she was asking.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the third party software applications that your company uses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Applied Systems (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had an awesome recruiter which made the process a pleasure. We got in contact back in February, but since they were moving Atlanta offices in the Summer I didn't interview until May. My first interview was a Skype interview with a Project Manager and Project Director, both nice guys, asked about myself, my background and a few technical questions. The next interview was at the office with another Software Developer and Scrum Master who also asked about my background, school projects, and a few technical questions. Then they left the room and I was given a short hand written test. The Recruiter got back to me two weeks later telling me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• A SQL question, some C++ syntax questions, and write an algorithm to shuffle a deck of cards   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I first applied for a data integration position, and interviewed with a manager and the VP for that area (separately). During the interview, the VP felt as though the Developer position would be a better fit and referred me to a manager and scrum master in the product development area. I then interviewed with those individuals and later offered a position as a developer.

Anonymous Employee in University Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview and then I went in, in person for an interview but it ended up being more them showing me where I would work and offering me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

I went to the career fair at my school and talked to representatives of about ten different software companies, Applied Systems was the only one to contact me. They had me answer two questionnaires, one involved math and was timed, the other was a personality test. After completing those tests, he sent me a long form application to fill out. After that was done, we set up an interview. I came in, talked to him for 15 mins, went and spoke with two managers individually for half an hour a piece, then went back to him after. One manager asked me to write a program to shuffle a deck of cards on a piece of paper in front of him. I had been told by HR there would be no programming during the 1:1 interview but I guess he lied. A couple weeks later the HR guy called me again and I went in for another interview. This time the two managers seemed to mostly be interested in specific details of projects that I worked on several years prior. Seeing as how I don't have any of my old homework memorized, I didn't do well in the interview. Overall, the employees all seemed very nice, the campus the building is located on is beautiful, but the area it's located in is not the nicest part of Chicagoland.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Systems in July 2010.

Interview

Interview process involved Manager and senior programmer. Interview involved technical aspects of Windows and .NET development, software development process, and deployment.

Interview Questions

• Interview process was a straight forward and upfront discussion. It did not involve level of difficulty or 'left field' questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was mostly driven by HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applied Systems (University Park, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Met with the Software development Vice President and Manager. Discussed education, experience, and completed a programming test.

They gave me a few scenarios and how would I handle them, a written programming test which consisted of writing a simple algorithm to solve a basic / simple problem in a programming language I am familiar with. We reviewed and discussed a few other job related issues.

Interview Questions

Was verbally offered 53K and pressured to accept it over the phone. I told them i wanted to see the written offer before I committed. I'm glad I did, because the writen offer was for 49K. Quite a difference, and they tried to say that I misheard, which is hard to do with those two numbers. Besides I am making 56K in Milwaukee at a LOWER cost of living...