Applied Value Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Value Interview Questions

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applied Value (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

At my university, Applied Value hosted an information session and then hosted an open bar happy hour meet and greet. I went to the meet and greet and met two current analysts, an intern from the previous summer, and one partner.

After the happy hour they had their formal application process which included a standard resume and cover letter.

The next step is to take a 30 minute math test. If you have not taken intro finance, you should learn the basic terms and calculations. I had not taken a finance class and did not do well on the math test. That was the end of the interview process for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Value (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a first round phone Interview with a new analyst that graduated from my university. The whole conversation was very casual and designed to get to know me through basic questions and finished off with a generic market sizing question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Value (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Had a meeting before the interview, along with an SAT-style math test (not particularly difficult). The interview itself was a brief 10-minute conversation with usual fit / behavioral questions, followed by a straightforward 20-minute business case that seemed to emphasize idea generation and thoroughness over the quantitative side.

Interview Questions

• Received a business case with some basic profit / revenue questions, followed by exploration into the revenue side with discussion of different methods of increasing revenue.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Applied Value in January 2013.

Interview

Campus recruiting. One hour interview with probably 20 minutes of behavioral, then 30 minutes on case, came right out of case in point book about credit card 50 dollar fee, then ten minutes wrap-up about what industry youre interested in.

Interview Questions

• the quant test you take was pretty difficult; brush up on percentages/gmat/gre math questions relating to businesses.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applied Value (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of an assessment day with 3 interviews (1h each) plus a 30 min. numerical test to begin with. Each interview consisted of 15-20 min. CV screening followed by a market sizing or guesstimate case.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Value.

Interview

Telephone interview: competency, why av, ...
    One week later: face to face, walk through cvs, case interviews, normal cases and questions
    One week later, still under consideration
    One day passed, be unsuccessful

Consultant Interview

Interview

Brief screening interview. Interviewer asked why I wanted to be a consultant and gave me 2 relatively easy market-sizing cases. I subsequently went into the office for an in-person interview and received a quant test and another, more detailed case interview that was guided by the consultant (a la McKinsey).

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly unexpected--just standard interview questions and cases.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Value in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through school. Had a phone interview that involved some fit questions including why consulting, etc. Also had a case that took up most of the interview.

Interview Questions

• In terms of surface area, how many pizzas are eaten in the United States every week.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Value in May 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call and was asked some questions pertaining to economic conditions. After completing a short case over the phone guided by the interviewer, I was asked further fit questions. More skills-measurement questions were also asked, and the entire interview took about 1 hour.

This continued for some time along with email discussions.

Interview Questions

• How would one value the economic effect of the recession on a domestic entity?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Value in March 2009.

Interview

The consultants were quite rude. Probably wanted to check how I reacted. Odd case questions.