Apto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apto

3.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apto (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

It started with a couple of basic phone screens, followed by an online "live coding" interview, which was in turn followed by four in-person interviews. Every stage was positive and focused - I really felt that the interviews went much deeper into my background, personality, and skill set than an "average" interview.

Interview Questions

• I was tasked with solving job-relevant programming problems on the fly and explaining my reasoning.   Answer Question
    • I was asked a lot of domain-specific software questions relating to technologies I'd worked with previously.   Answer Question
    • I was asked a lot of cultural fit questions - how would you deal with certain situations that are likely to happen in a startup environment, how would your personality mesh with others in the workplace, etc. The CEO asked a lot of deep questions but avoided superficial BS, which was awesome.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apto (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

The recruiter was awesome and made the experience positive. The office is in a great location and the office space is pretty sweet.

After speaking with the Director of Customer Success, I was invited for an in-person interview. I had 4 back to back interviews with different employees. I thought the interviews were going well however, I began to pick up a vibe as though the employees were all disconnected. Every time I asked about the company culture, the common response I received was that it could be better and they are still working on it. I was told that I was the last person interviewing for the role and by the way the conversations were going, it seemed as though they already had a candidate in mind for the role. I was asked a lot of questions by one of Customer Success Mangers. She asked a lot of situational questions and I felt as though I answered them all in the best way I could. At the end of the interviews I was told that I would hear back from them soon.

The following week I was told that I did not get the role due to not having enough SaaS experience. I thought it was silly considering I had 4 years of experience in the industry and the minimum on the job posting was 2 years. Whatever the real reason was, I ended up accepting a role with another company that was a better fit.

My advice: make a good impression with the other CSMs. It seems as though they had a lot of influence on the final decision.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apto (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter reached out to me to schedule an initial phone screen. After that, had an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The next steps would be to meet with the VP of the customer success department and the CEO to give a presentation on anything of your choosing that you are an expert on.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at a startup? How will you handle the differences between a startup and a large corporation?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apto (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

3 step interview process. Starts with the head of HR --> Direct Supervisor ---> CEO. Questions are pointed and specific. Good to know your stuff, or admit what you don't know. They do not like charlatans, and they can tell. Very good HR team. Best way to prepare for this would be to really understand the job description, and understand the company's overall cultural goals. They are striving to be like Google in terms of the caliber of culture.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to go to work in the morning?

What is something you believe or hold true that most others do not.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apto (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by the Recruiter, Interviewed by the manger, Interviewed by the employees, Interviewed by the CEO. Fairly long process. If that all checked out, you could get an offer.

Interview Questions

• The CEO is mainly concerned about culture (good thing). Most questions change over time.   Answer Question