Arcot Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arcot Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arcot Systems (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The Arcot team visited campus. First stage was extremely competitive written test of math/CS/IQ. Out of 600 or so they selected 10 something student for in person interview. In person interview most of the question were based on algorithms & data structures like Binary Tree, Dynamic programming, Linked list. I was asked to write some implementation. It has been a while, so really don't remember exact question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arcot Systems.

Interview

1st round - Telephonic Interview.

1. Find kth node from last of a linked list.
    2. Question related to dijkstra's algorithm.

2nd Round

Mangerial Round
    General questions about networking, os concepts and few c++ questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arcot Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

I was recruited in school. They asked some puzzles and some coding problems . I didn have to write code exactly. It is a nice company . They pay quite competitive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well , I would say , if they like you they can shell lot of money !

Senior Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arcot Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview process was quick and no-nonsense. I had three interview rounds. The first round was with my manager-to-be, who mostly focused on the technical skills relevant to the job. A few standard ("How would you move Mount Fuji") puzzles were thrown added for lagniappe. The second and third rounds were taken by senior QA managers, who mostly focused on testing strategies, and the ability to identify test scenarios/ test cases for a given product, network topology, or product architecture. These last two rounds were rather high-level probes into breadth of testing knowledge, and weren't deep.

Interview Questions

• what are pyc files? if they provide speedup, how do they do that? is "pyc" like bytecode of java? in other words, are python source files compiled to an intermediate representation that can run on any platform, similar to java? (yes, it is!) any idea what pyc can speedup? how does it achieve this speedup?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate reasonably well. The first salary negotiation round with the HR was surprising, as she didn't even want to negotiate. She probably didn't have the authority to do so. When I had a proper salary round with the senior HR, I was able to get a 37% pay hike over my previous income, which I consider as quite good.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcot Systems in October 2009.

Interview

- Started with the consultant
    - The communication and location was co-ordinated by consultant
    - had arround 7 levels of interview
    - All questions were scenario based questions
    - Make sure you understand the PM skills and all the regions very well.
    - Hard negotiate salary and there are no increments after the joining

Interview Questions

• how will you manage german customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hard negotiate salary and there are no increments after the joining

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arcot Systems in March 2009.

Interview

it consists of one to two telephonic rounds, followed by three to four personal rounds and final round with HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they are very rigid