Argopoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argopoint Interview Questions

2.4

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argopoint (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Cold call interview with no warning by another younger intern - asked the basic questions about why consulting, walking through my interview, how I plan on commuting. No further interview, got a call a few weeks later that I got the position, did not go into the office beforehand.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argopoint in May 2015.

Interview

First round interview of the phone--actually a cold call. Younger employee asked me to walk him through my resume, asked me how I heard about the position, what attracted me to consulting/Argopoint itself. Got an email the next week (maybe 4 days later) about a second round interview in Boston. Don't go to a Boston-area school so they agreed to do that over the phone as well. Got a phone call a few days later with some questions about commuting situation and then they gave me the offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions (what's you biggest strength, why consulting, tell me about an experience where you demonstrated teamwork) and a pretty easy marketing sizing question.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argopoint (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied via email. HR person called me a couple of days later after in order asking the general type of questions: availability, understanding of the company, understanding of the position and how long its length, etc. Scheduled an onsite interview for a couple of days later. Questions were mostly behavioral (biggest weakness/strength), specific instances of showing leadership and a case question.

Interview Questions

• How much money does the bakery next door make? (Consulting type of question)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argopoint (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a clever guise to make you believe the company is legitimate, the CEO is nice and provides a great work experience and to make you think they are selective in choosing their employees. The CEO came in during the interview and said he was making a food run and asks if everyone would like something but its just an act to make you think he's a great guy. Ultimately he gave me less than 24 hours to make my decision after being offered the position to try and pressure me into it but i've been in situations like that before and worked for companies that operate the same way so be careful.

Summer Consulting Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Argopoint (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Call for a personal interview arrived just after a week of applying and the interview was scheduled a day later which gave quite less time (less than 24 hours) to prepare for a case interview. The interview was fairly basic Management Consulting interview. The case interview was simple.

Interview Questions

It was an unpaid internship.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argopoint (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was a 2 part process for an internship - one over the phone, and the other in person. In the phone interview, I was asked why I wanted to be a part of the firm, why I was interested in management consulting, and if I was open to work that was not related directing related to consulting (such as calling clients and contributing to the marketing team). I was told that high performance would lead to more chances to work with the associates on real-consulting projects (I should have asked how they quantified performance right then). In reality, that wasn't always the case because there is another intern there who is in charge of tracking else. I should mention that the person who interviewed me was an employee at the time, but many prospective students were interviewed by interning students. It would be impossible to provide every possible detail but I'll try to provide a concise and practical account of my experience.

Interview:
    - Not difficult in the sense that there was nothing quantitative or technical asked.
    - Phone screen + In-person interview (< 1 hour)
    - Most important qualities appeared to be communication and confidence.

Work experience:
    - Nearly everyone performed the same tasks: Marketing articles and making phone calls. What you applied for is irrelevant from what I saw. Perhaps I was there at the wrong time, but it felt like everyone was being used to help with the company's Search engine optimization efforts.
    - You will learn a lot about clear and effective communication.
    - Jodi, a senior associate, was extremely nice and willing to give up his time to have a good conversation.
    - Upper management was quite oblivious to the sentiments of many of the interns. One of my co-workers quit after a few weeks - she felt misled by the application process and the work to be un-engaging. Granted, there was little opportunity to have a sincere and straightforward dialogue.
    - Good place to get a recommendation.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get involved in the consulting industry? (my paraphrased version - can't remember it verbatim)   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argopoint.

Interview

Another intern called me for an impromptu phone interview. Basic questions were asked about my experience, availability, and what I was looking for in an internship. He was very nice and friendly. After explaining my experience and what I was hoping to gain more experience in, he told me I would be great for the marketing intern position. He offered it to me at the end of the conversation.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was asking how soon I was able to start.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the internship at the end of the phone conversation. I accepted immediately.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argopoint (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview process included 5 seperate interviews. Three case interviews and two fit interviews. Cases were P&L buildup, a medical device strategy case, and a complex market sizing case. Mix of quantitative and tough business questions. It was a rigorous process. Consultants and managers are direct and smart. Similar to a Bain interview in many ways.

Interview Questions

• Overall, you have to provide specific examples of everything you asset. Generalizations quickly move you into   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argopoint (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Half hour phone screening, then interviews at the office (case and behavioral)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Consultant Interview

Interview

A rigorous process. Case interviewers are smart, analytical. Preparation is key - recommend practicing with friends and colleagues in advance.