Argos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argos Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argos (Stockton, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the networx recruitment site. I got a call about a week later inviting me to an interview the following week. The interview only took about 25 minutes and it was really informal which put me at ease. I was interviewed by the manager and stock manager. They asked several questions, some scenario based questions, told me about the role and then asked if I had any questions.

Stock Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argos (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy and professional. I applied online via Indeed.co.uk and received an email confirming my interview. I arrived at the interview 20 minutes early and waited in the waiting room for the manager to become free. The interview was comforting, professional and straight forward. The manager highlighted my attributes and questioned me on them to which I responded with greater detail. The interview lasted around 20-30 minutes and was told I would receive a call later on that day on whether I was successful or not. I received the call 4 hours later and was offered the job!

Big up Argos!

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argos in May 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview of around 8 people and lasted around 45 mins. First task was to desribe your partner and the second was to design a customer service robot that would be suitable to work in Argos

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Argos (Blackpool, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Upon arriving I was welcomed at the customer's collection point by members of staff. There were other interviewees arriving at the same time. This gave me a clue that this could be a group interview and not a 1 to 1. I was not advised prior to this that this would be a group interview. We were taken behind the scenes and walked through the stockroom, being shown all fire exits along the way and onto the staff room to wait. After being asked for our 'right to work' documents for photocopying we were taken into an office room for a group interview involving team building exercises. The manager of the store was present to watch, listen and take notes.

Interview Questions

• There were no 1 to 1 questions as this was a group interview. We all were given a numerical test to do which involved checking numbers and then asked to pair off with someone, find out about them and interview them and ask why they wanted to work for Argos, after which we and to stand and tell everyone else about the person you had interviewed. Next we were given a task to do of inventing a Super Hero. The end of the interview was an opportunity for all of us to ask any questions.   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Argos (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call from the manager at Argos who asked if I had 5 minutes for a quick phone interview, which I did. I answered a few questions to which he seemed to like the answers to, and then he asked me to meet him for a one to one interview a week or so later. So, I went in on the day of my interview and went up to the counter and told the lady that I was here for an interview, she went and got the manager. Two men came out, both really lovely, shook my hand and they made me feel at ease straight away. They took me to an office out the back of the store and sat me down - it was a very informal interview. I was then asked if I had any questions to ask them, which I did so I asked and they answered, and then I had a series of personality questions and then some scenario based questions. After, they told me about benefits of working at Argos, asked about my availability etc... and then gave me a chance to ask more questions. It took about 20 minutes overall. I was then shown out of the office, they both shook hands with me and said goodbye.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of when you have received exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of when you haven’t received good customer service, or where customer service could have been improved?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Argos?   Answer Question
    • What technology do you use?   Answer Question
    • If a man came in to the store and asked you for help with setting up a new sat-nav he’s just bought from your store, and you didn’t drive or have never used one before, what would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Argos (Oldham, England (UK)).

Interview

I handed in my CV in October 2010, then had a telephone interview in early November, which was very straightforward. I then attended a group interview with around 10 other people. We had to do a variety of exercises, working in smaller groups whilst members of the panel took notes on how we interacted etc. There was also a simple numerical test - matching catalogue numbers.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argos (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day asking me to attend an interview, when I arrived it was a group interview which wasn't mentioned at all due to this I'm going to give a negative review, it's not fair to spring that on a candidate. The interview process involved role play with a random team mate, drawing an argos hero and basic introducing of yourself.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argos (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First you have to complete a test, if you are successful you are brought into a group interview. We did a couple of group tasks, such as making a quick radio advert for Argos. We also had to complete a small test based on how you perceive numbers. We were then called back for a 1 to 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an elderly customer needed help with carrying an item.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Argos (Croydon, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online for customer service advisor role. I got an email a few day later telling me hat I had an interview in two days. No telephone interview. I had the interview and the manager was really impressed. Got offered the job a few hours later. Really quick and simple process.

Interview Questions

Argos Response

Dec 7, 2016 – Channel Manager

Pleased it was quick. I hope the online process was OK - we're reviewing it now for next year so hoping to make it slicker.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hounslow, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Argos (Hounslow, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

during my interview i was led into the back of the store and interviewed by a manager which later showed me around the back of the store, this helped me for the job later

Interview Questions

• What do i want part from the pay from Argos   1 Answer