Aritzia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aritzia Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.2

Style Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aritzia.

Interview

It was brief and relaxed. The recruiter and I spoke for about 30 minutes. It was more like a conversation rather than an interview. She asked me basic questions concerning my work experience, hobbies and brand I am into.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online about 3 weeks ago and a few days later I got an email for a 5 minute "meet and greet". I chose today's date for it, and the interview went well! It was quick, non-intimidating, the questions were simple and straightforward.. however, I wish there was a room where it would've been conducted instead since it took place in the seating area and I was slightly distracted. Nonetheless, it was good.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy nothing to be worried about. The interviewer was super nice. It was a non intimidating environment right in the store. it's was like a conversation with a friend. Only took about 5 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was really laid back. I met someone in store, we talked about my skills and then I met with someone else. Dress fashion forward and what represents your personal style.

Interview Questions

• Who is your style icon? Why do you want to work here vs. somewhere else?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me an offer over the phone and said I had two days to decide but they called after 24 hours wanting a decision.

Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Lengthy phone and Skype interviews over a period of weeks from Vancouver to NYC, creative project completed. Face to face scheduled in NYC after creative project review. During 1 on 1 meeting interviewer seemed entirely disinterested as though a desicion on another candidate been made and he was only complete scheduled interviews as a formality.

Interview Questions

• Few questions actually were asked in 1-1 interview. Only vague open ended statements were made.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I got email for interview after 3 days applied online. The interview is very short, only takes five minutes. All the staff are very friendly, and nice.They do care how you dress urself. Make sure wear aritiza cloth when you do the interview. The interview question are pretty common sense, not very difficult. I think they just want to see how you dress and personality.

Interview Questions

• where do you normally shopping? who will be our competitor ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR associate. Round 1 was a brief phone call, mainly chatting about the brand. Round 2 was a very casual/friendly interview via video chat. Paperwork was sent via email shortly after. I think they want to make sure you fit the brand/are stylish, experience is nice but not necessary. The overall experience was pleasant, like a speed date or casual chat more than an interview. They like to conduct in person interviews at their store so be prepared to talk while people are shopping/trying on clothes behind you.

Interview Questions

• Probing personality/behavior type questions, they want to see that you can take criticism and apply it, are proactive, etc.   Answer Question
    • Familiarity with the brand.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aritzia (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief, and to the point. No curveballs or difficult questions. She asked me a few questions and then explained the details of working at Aritzia. My interview may have been slightly different than average, because I had been recruited. There was only one interview, and I was able to start working right away.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Aritzia?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aritzia (New York, NY).

Interview

The application is online, and they get back to you generally within a week. It was easy setting up an interview time, and they asked questions such as "tell me about yourself", "why aritzia" and other general sales associate questions. Super friendly!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aritzia.

Interview

Rather like high school. Very fake. Made catty remarks. Kept saying for me to be myself but also made it seem like she was judging me. She was beautiful but she also came off as a gold digger. Carrying a prada bag was a big mistake she seemed to like me more once she saw it.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you would want others to wear Aritzia clothes   1 Answer