Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.3

Financial Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescott Valley, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Prescott Valley, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

If selected for an interview, will need to take a timed computer test with questions based on a brief summary of AHCCCS policies and procedures. Please be aware that on the candidate application, even if you instruct the agency to not contact a current employer...they WILL contact your current employer thus your present job could be compromised if not ultimately selected!

Program Services Evaluator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

First you take a quick test on the computer. After that you will be interviewed by a 3 person panel where you will receive a paper outlining the questions they ask you. About 10-14 questions. After that the general consensus I realized was that multiple people reported the same thing. Being told they didn't get the job just to have them being called back again within a month to then ask if they were still interested and wanted the job. Expect to get denied at first unless you're truly the top top candidate and then they will call back if you're truly experienced enough so don't be too diacouraged. They go off a giant list of applicants and hire the people off the A list applicants, after it's all filled they go to their B list applicants, and so on and so forth which is why they may initially say you didn't get it and then call back soon after.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to disagree with a supervisor/customer. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?

Name a time when you had to handle multiple deadlines. How did you handle that?

How do you handle rude or disgruntled customers? What about co workers?   Answer Question

Financial Eligiblity Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Tucson, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called to take a test. I was allowed to bring a non-graphing calculator for the test. Took the multiple choice test and then had to answer a couple essay questions. I was called to interview a couple days later. It was a panel interview. 2 individuals interviewed me. They were friendly and the interview was easy. They asked about 10 questions. One would ask a question, then the other. A couple weeks after the interview, was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

Recipient Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

I got an email to set up personal interview which happened on feb 22,2016. The project manager and business analyst interviewed me for an hour with set of questions they had with them and they were jotting down everything I was saying. I wrote down a paragraph in the end for the question why should they hire me?They were very friendly and nice to talk and made it very easy. I didn't gave my background checking phone numbers as I didn't have them at that time but I hope if they like me they ll revert back for details.

Interview Questions

• How would u prioritize work?   1 Answer

Auditor III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was a great experience. The interviewers were relatable and made the process not so nerve wracking. Still waiting to find out whether I will be offered a position or not. I applied in December, interviewed in January and still waiting in February. I've read the reviews but it still seems like a great place to work from the little bit I saw during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to...how did you handle it
      What type of projects have you done?   Answer Question

Special Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and long long wait to hear back. Questions were related to job. Interview questions were standard as it was a government job. Only one interview was conducted however vetting was competed by hiring manager initially.

Interview Questions

• Panel of people, interview question specific to job   1 Answer

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask all candidates the same questions. one hour interview. Main frame questions and COBOL. Personality questions and scenarios with conflict resolution. Short written essay style question to see if you can write well. Many times they already know who they want but you still have a chance if you answer the tech questions well. Know your JCL error codes and if you do not know COBOL just say so. It doesn't count against you.

Financial Eligibility Specialist (Pse) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Computer test and 2 essay questions, was asked to schedule an interview that day. Went back to interview 2 days later with 3 supervisors. Asked 4 pages of questions and wrote down all my answers. Said background and employment check would take a month.

Interview Questions

• lots of questions about team work, communication and customer service.   Answer Question

Pse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There was a 2 hour computer test on basic company culture etiquette, policy application, and basic math. After passing you're signed up for an interview. The actual interview is with a small panel of supervisors that ask about four pages of questions. All the questions are fairly basic.

Pse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Computer testing took 2 hrs. Covered reading comprehension and mathematical skills. Had a couple of essay type questions also. Had to pay close attention to the questions asked in order to arrive at the right answer. You find out right away if you have passed or not. Took a few days after passing to get called for an interview.

Negotiation

no negotiation