Arm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arm (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Extremely professional bunch of recruiters do the basic screening process and schedule the interviews. You know before hand what topic a particular interviewer will be asking you questions on which is really helpful. The interview process was smooth and really good. All the interviewers make you feel comfortable and dont take you for granted.

Interview Questions

• The topics are given before hand so that you can study.   3 Answers

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you had a great candidate experience and I look forward to working with you to keep improving our recruiting processes.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

The interviews followed a standard pattern:

- Phone discussion with a recruiter:
    The focus was on general career interests and goals. Along with how those interests and goals might align with the given job.

- Phone discussion with the hiring manager:
    This time the discussion focused on the job itself and how that might align with my career interests and goals. This was the first chance for me to dig deep with questions about the job to make sure I was interested. This part of the process usually determines if I'm interested or not in the job. In this case, it turned my interest up.

- Onsite interview:
    A series of 1hr interviews. There were 5 of them if I remember right. I also had lunch with the hiring manager.

Each interviewer focused on a different area. For example, one focused on general SoC architecture, another on software, another on debug, another on my previous projects and how I dealt with challenges, etc. etc. My impression was that they were more concerned with how I walked through and thought about different problems that were presented to me, and also if I have a solid history of good performance. Not so much on if I answered everything 100% accurately. Though, I'm sure I answer most of everything right.

There wasn't much overlap between the interviewers which means they actually prepared an interview strategy. That's a good thing, I've been in interviews where I would end up answering the same exact question 5 times from 5 different people! Last, the interviews were very conversational, it didn't feel like an interrogation. I was also allowed plenty of time to ask my own questions.

My impressions were very positive. In the past I've walked out interviews thinking "Wow, those folks were disorganized and didn't seem to know what job I was interviewing for...." I didn't have that feeling here.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some C questions. However the focus wasn't on programming something, it was more about understanding how different parts of memory are used within the program.   1 Answer

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a great candidate experience and I look forward to seeing some great employee referrals from you going forward!

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The initial process was good . Most people were friendly and professional.
    There was 1 individual who kept asking questions which were not in my domain and which i had no idea of. I told him that i am not aware of that domain and he was still persistent with the questions. Basically i lost interest in the interview after that...

Interview Questions

• 1. project related
      2. cpu related   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arm (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with Arm on campus. I applied for software development intern position. The interviewer is friendly. However, they expected me to know a lot about computer hardware, which made some questions hard for me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

They have a very poor interview process . Everything is so poorly organized. They will not be prepared with your details and will not worry about your time schedule.

Instructions aren't well relayed to the candidates. Poor communication between recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Discussed more on my projects and resume. looking for embedded and compiler related knowledge as well as simulation experience. Will focus on object oriented programming more.

Sent coding challenge to be completed in 2 hours. Will be based on a conveyor belt problem with 6 workers in pairs on each side picking up products A and B and putting back finished product B   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Advisor

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear your interview experience wasn’t as we would have liked. We would love to hear more about this as we went candidates to walk away with a really... More

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arm (Olympia, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Expect to perform your knowledge of web development on the spot. You meet with a minimum of three people, one of whom will test your knowledge. You will have to write HTML on a white board and predict code on an existing website. The process is otherwise standard, list your best and worst qualities, etc.

Interview Questions

• The quizzing of archaic coding methods was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Plano, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job, and a received an email from a recruiter asking if I was interested in working in the Plano office. After that I was scheduled for a phone interview the next week. The phone interview was scheduled to be an hour long, but only lasted 10-15 minutes. After the interview, the recruiter emailed me saying they were interested in a second interview at their office (Their company policy mandates that the interview and hiring process is handled by the recruiter so most of my communication was through the recruiter). The second interview lasted two hours. I was first interviewed by the office manager, and then I was interviewed by one of the application engineers. All of the technical questions were asked by the application engineer. However, the questions were more about my resume and what I had worked and was familiar with more than questions testing my knowledge. A couple of days after the interview I received a phone call from the recruiter telling me they thought the interview went well, and decided to offer me the position!

Interview Questions

• What was one instance where you struggled with a project, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What interests me? What would I want to work on during my time here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I think there was an opportunity to negotiate some of the terms of the offer, but I was very happy with the original offer so I accepted it immediately.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Arm in September 2016.

Interview

Online recorded questions and I was asked to record my answer to those questions. Horrible way of interviewing anyone. First of all some questions require more than the alloted time and may even require some clarification but there is no way, time is fixed for each answer and the questions are pre recorded so there is no one to one interaction.

Interview Questions

• Atomic Instructions, Branch prediction, setup and hold time   Answer Question

Jul 28, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Intern

Thank you for your review and for interviewing at ARM. I am sorry that you did not have a positive candidate experience. ARM sees both the benefits and shortfalls of using digital or video... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arm (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied online and then got an email from one of the technical engineers. First round of interview was fairly simple interview with basic computer architecture questions. Then, after that, a senior level engineer called with more computer architecture questions and a few questions on algorithms and c++ related questions. I think I answered them all correctly.

Interview Questions

• Why does Intel Pentium 4 has so many pipeline stages?   Answer Question
    • MOESI, what does they stand for? What about memory model? How to implement store commit in weak memory model?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arm (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview + face to face It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm.

Interview

3 rounds phone interview. The first 2 rounds are simple questions about architecture, programming and the projects that I was working on. The last round is testing my programming skills using google docs.