Arm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arm (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Extremely professional bunch of recruiters do the basic screening process and schedule the interviews. You know before hand what topic a particular interviewer will be asking you questions on which is really helpful. The interview process was smooth and really good. All the interviewers make you feel comfortable and dont take you for granted.

Interview Questions

• The topics are given before hand so that you can study.   3 Answers

Arm Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you had a great candidate experience and I look forward to working with you to keep improving our recruiting processes.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arm (Austin, TX).

Interview

One phone screening followed by 6 rounds of on-site. Process took about 3 weeks. Tested the basics of computer architecture, memory, circuits etc. A few analytical questions in the end folllowed by HR feedback

Server Peformance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, the whole process took 1 month. The interview involved 2 phone rounds and 4 on-site rounds. Phone rounds focused on algorithm / coding and computer architecture. On-site interview involved in-depth questions for OS, memory, computer architecture optimizations.

Interview Questions

• Optimizations for compilers, operating systems, computer architecture   Answer Question

Physical Memory Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arm in February 2018.

Interview

Got an email for Skype interview for the position, scheduled within a week. There was just one round, Skype call with video call. After that there was no response from the company for 4 weeks. The HR didn't even reply to email for follow up.

Interview Questions

• 1. SRAM bit cell basics, draw the circuit, explain the read and write mechanism.   Answer Question
    • 2. Draw Layout of inverter   Answer Question
    • 3. Question on simple pass transistor circuit   Answer Question
    • 4. What can be done to decrease leakage power consumption in any CMOS circuit (at least 6 points)   1 Answer
    • 5. Draw XOR using NAND only, with only 4 NAND gates.   Answer Question
    • 6. Make circuit to product a short pulse using the clock signal only.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Madison, WI) in February 2018.

Interview

Met at a career fair, was granted an interview for the next day, had a phone interview a week later, offer extended soon after. The interview was two ARM employees inerviewing me, the phone interview was 1:1

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a simple counter in verilog, a sorting algorithm in python, and to describe some CPU architecture performance strategies (pipelining, branch prediction, etc)   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer, Tech Migrations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arm (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

First Telephonic Round - Asked about Unix and Experience.
    Final Round - Asked about Resume, Projects, Git, OpenStack, AWS, Unix in Depth and Networking.
    Prepare for the Job Description and Resume Well.

Interview Questions

• /proc
      init.d
      routing protocols   1 Answer

, Subsystems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arm (Raleigh, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of many computer architecture related questions. Basics of pipeline, caches, virtual memory, OOO superscalar processors were a part of technical questions. Couple of questions on Verilog and Digital design were asked. VLSI System design questions based on power dissipation were also a part of interview questions. Overall the interview was quite straightforward.

Cpu Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm (Chandler, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

First round was a phone interview. Second round was onsite. Detailed rounds related to verification,architecture,logic design and software engineering. Debugging a processor,FSM,Pipelined microprocessor,Hazards, Caches, Virtual memory,Linux based questions, Testbench environment

IP Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arm (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had applied online, got a mail to schedule a telephonic interview almost after a month.Was asked about the projects and some technical questions(no coding).Interview was easy but the interviewer felt I didn't the required experience on the particular language they where working currently on.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

They have a very poor interview process . Everything is so poorly organized. They will not be prepared with your details and will not worry about your time schedule.

Instructions aren't well relayed to the candidates. Poor communication between recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Discussed more on my projects and resume. looking for embedded and compiler related knowledge as well as simulation experience. Will focus on object oriented programming more.

Sent coding challenge to be completed in 2 hours. Will be based on a conveyor belt problem with 6 workers in pairs on each side picking up products A and B and putting back finished product B   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arm (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with Arm on campus. I applied for software development intern position. The interviewer is friendly. However, they expected me to know a lot about computer hardware, which made some questions hard for me.