KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 932 of over 1,572 reviews

4.1
Arm Chief Executive Officer Simon Segars
Simon Segars
Pros
  • "The company really cares about your work-life balance(in 212 reviews)

• "Cooperation in work environment(in 111 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Location not exactly in the center of Cambridge(in 71 reviews)

• "Work life balance at Arm can be difficult to balance(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Arm and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Excellent company - I feel genuinely privileged to work here

Apr 3, 2021 - Apprentice Technician in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Took me on as an apprentice without experience of software engineering - really invested in training - Great company culture, everyone is welcoming and helpful - So many resources for employee wellbeing - fitness, mental health, etc. - Flexible attitude to work - outcome focused, not hours focused - Handled Covid and remote working very well - Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion goals - Excellent system of feedback and employee development - Strong charitable and philanthropic presence

Cons

- Can't think of any

2 people found this review helpful

Global Talent Brand Manager

We feel privileged to have you on our team! Many thanks for taking the time to share an account of your experience at Arm to date.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work culture

Jul 14, 2021 - Graduate Hardware Engineer- Design and Verification in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent compensation, good projects, fast paced

Cons

Slower growth and long projects

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not the company it once was

Apr 12, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great parental leave options - Sabbatical (when I was hired) - Stable business model - Great integration efforts for new employees

Cons

- PTO policy was reduced for US employees (used to be a lot better) - Software culture is severely lacking (and way behind) - Company grew too fast, and let too many bad managers in I worked at Arm years ago, when it was still a relatively small company, with a different CEO at the helm (Warren East). The company back then, is still the best place I've ever worked, causing me to return years later. The company as it is today is a faint echo of the company it was then, however, having lost much of its engineering culture and (frankly) its leadership backbone. People like Mike Muller and many of the Fellow engineers, kept the exec team honest and on the right track. Nowadays, Mike Muller is no longer managing the day-to-day, and many of the fellows and engineering leaders have moved on to greener pastures; in their place is a "Chief Strategy Officer" from BCG (the opposite of an engineering company), armed with buzzword-laden powerpoints, conveniently avoiding anything close to a SWOT analysis that the company's founders had intelligently started the company with. Arm's management is now more non-technical than it is technical, which is a problem for an engineering company, and causes a lot of unnecessary work and political games to occur.

5 people found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Manager North America

Thank you for your feedback and the years you have invested in Arm’s success. As you may know, Arm celebrated its 30-year anniversary in November 2020 and today we have 95% of market share for mobile phones, there are over 180 billion Arm-based devices, and we have over 6,500 employees worldwide. Arm has grown significantly and continues to be a leader in the industry. To hear a bit about the future of Arm check out this blog: Arm at 30: Five Ideas Shaping our Future. https://www.arm.com/blogs/blueprint/arm-30-future In this blog our VP of Software discusses the future of Systems for our systems, and four other Arm technologists share about invisible AI, memory-centric computing architectures, low-power to no-power devise, and neural networks everywhere. Not only are we a leader in technology but we continue to focus on making Arm a great place to work for our teams, including offering robust benefits. In the US, employees paid leave options include four weeks of paid-time-off with an option to buy an additional week, seven paid sick days, thirteen company holidays, a four-week paid sabbatical (after each 4 years at Arm), and very progressive leave policies including childbirth and parental bonding leaves. Additionally, Arm offers community service leave hours every month and a Day of Care each quarter.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

No shortage of work

Jul 6, 2021 - Accounts Payable Specialist in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best things about working at arm are the people. I enjoyed my job(s), and having pleasant people to work with made it easy to get up and go to work.

Cons

Extraordinary amount of work made for long hours, which after a while, burns you out.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

GLOBAL PAY CUT AND HIRING FREEZE

May 19, 2021 - Senior Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is full of genuinely brilliant and helpful engineers that care.

Cons

Don't bother applying here. (Not that you can apply anyways because we're in a global hiring freeze.) Now we have more work than ever with more projects to deliver all while having people leave without a guaranteed backfill req. We have a benefit called "FlexPot" which we treat as our salary. In the US, all employees get $8,500. This benefit is completely CANCELLED. A director in HR once said "FlexPot can be taken away at any time". This is a flat amount, so this represents a signifcantly higher salary percentage of a graduate's salary compared to higher-earning directors and VPs. Last year our mid-year reviews were also cancelled, so no one got promotions or raises. Right in the middle of the pandemic while we're not only working harder than ever, but earning more. My morale is now at an all-time low. Not only am I getting a $8,500 paycut, but I see co-workers leaving and their teams not getting backfills. I'm also getting contacted by more recruiters than ever. The cherry on top? I found out by reading an email. It didn't say FlexPot was cancelled anywhere in the email. It just said "we are making changes to FlexPot". I thought "oh good, the last time you made changes to FlexPot you let us buy office equipment with FlexPot because we're in a pandemic." How naive and wrong I was.

29 people found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Manager North America

Thank you for your review – as you call out we have we have recently made some changes to our packages and decided not to renew the FlexPot element after September this year - we know this has been really valued by our people and recognize this is disappointing for our teams. Overall, we aim for our packages to be comprehensive and market competitive, including an achievable bonus which this year paid out at one of the highest levels in our history. Arm is most of all though a people-centered organization—we think about people beyond being Arm colleagues and actively support people in and out of the workplace. We have also recently completed the regular end-of-year annual review and salary uplift, and will continue to look at the competitiveness of our packages during our normal reward cycle. At the same time we have hired more people globally in the past year than ever before and are continuing to hire for key roles over the coming months. We would also like to encourage you to speak to your manager or Leadership Team further about your concerns and look forward to working with you as Arm continues to grow.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jun 25, 2021 - Systems ApplicationsEngineer I in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work culture here is amazing!

Cons

Couldn’t, think of anything. Great work place!

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Pretty bad!

Jul 13, 2021 - Senior Designer in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can’t find even 4 words

Cons

Uk run corporate Unsupportive management 0 transparency Horrible mid management Managers have no clue and will steal your thunder when they get a chance. Lot of them gracing on yesteryear success story Stay away for your own sanity

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0

Great place for engineers

Jul 12, 2021 - Reward Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Arm is very people oriented

Cons

Too much control by current and future ownership

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

New CFO Is Making the Right Changes To Finance - Exciting Time To Be There!

Apr 7, 2021 - Finance Business Partner in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Finance team is making the changes needed to provide highest level of value to the business which makes for a rewarding place to work! Sale of ARM to NVIDIA expands the opportunities to learn and cross-migrate to other new areas of the business outside of ARM specific divisions.

Cons

The amount of finance leadership change can be challenging to engage.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

You can be your brilliant self

May 15, 2021 - Technical Account FAE in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexibility and freedom open and relaxed environment great company culture

Cons

many recent organization reesctructure process.

1 person found this review helpful