Arrowstreet Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Arrowstreet Capital

3.2

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Arrowstreet Capital (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

A staffing agent sent my resume to the hiring manager.
    A phone interview was scheduled and then came an onsite interview.
    The latter started at 9 am and ended at 3:30 pm.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arrowstreet Capital (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

During first interview written or computer test is given (mid to high difficulty level).
    If you pass the test OK, the second interview is scheduled. The candidate will meet 4-8 people in 3-4 hours. Standard questions about background, few technical, and few typical "puzzle" questions (like about room with 3 light switches). The decision will be made by the partner, so he or she is most important to please during the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you don't understand the assignment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Can easily ask and get higher salary.

Quant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arrowstreet Capital (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was phone interview with head of quant, ask resume first, then brain tease, some math, probability and other quantitative questions. Brain teaser was easy, but I did not answer well. I should have looked more at interview book.

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arrowstreet Capital (Boston, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by a third party recruiter who passed my resume on to the hiring manager.
    About a week later a phone interview was scheduled for 10:00 am on a Thursday.
    The Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes.
    Then next day I was asked to come onsite for an interview scheduled for the following Monday (So ~2 business days turn around).
    Onsite interview (Boston HQ) was scheduled for 2:30 and I left the office around 5:30.
    During the onsite interview I met with 4 employees, which started with a general break down of the company and what the role would entail. The last person I met with was the hiring manager and he was the one who asked me technical questions ranging from details pertaining to Powershell scripting to how TCP and UDP work.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between UDP and TCP?   1 Answer
    • What is a way UDP is used?   1 Answer
    • What is a way TCP is used?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrowstreet Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple Interviews, Skills Test, Additional interview -- The skills test was reasonably hard, and was done with a number of people in the room at one time. When we walked out of there, almost everybody thought that the test was incredibly difficult. Now, you might also need to do another test for SQL Capability online.

Investment Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I was invited to their office for the interview. It was very technical, a lot of coding questions and math problems. It took the whole afternoon - 3 hours back-to-back, very tiring, with no break in between.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Interview

initial phone interview+1st on-site interview+2nd on-site interview(written test). Interviewers are nice to talk to. No harsh or weird questions asked. There may be a long wait before the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Everything is normal. Just be yourself and be confident.   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arrowstreet Capital (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through university and get a phone interview after one week. First some resume based behavioral, the company culture, what do you like about the company, then asked about technical questions covering econometric and brain teasers.

Senior SQL Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arrowstreet Capital (Boston, MA).

Interview

I interviewed with 4 team leads for half an hour each. There didn't seem to be a clear manager but the 4 leads controlling 4 aspects of the business. The interview also consisted of a 2 hour SQL test that had 10 questions. Some of the questions are fairly complicated. There were some puzzle type questions.
    the only negative feedback was that after the interview i didn't hear from them for over a week and they didn't give any reason as to why they didn't want to make the offer.

Interview Questions

• 2 hrs sql test is on a computer where the database is build and the questions to related to the data in the tables.   Answer Question

Investment Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arrowstreet Capital (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I firstly had a phone screening for half an hour, then went to on site interviews for three times, all lasting around 3 hours. People in the company are very nice, also they have great working environment. But their hiring process maybe a little bit slow...and I waited a long time to get final result.