Arthur D. Little Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arthur D. Little Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little in January 2017.

Interview

There were 2 phone Interviews by 2 Principals from the Office. We had a pleasant one hour conversation, mostly about things that came up in the cover letter. The first one had a brain teaser, and the second one a case study.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview; there were 3 rounds - each involving a bit of HR related questions and one or two case studies or puzzles (listed below). Each interview was conducted very professionally while exuding a strong interpersonal culture that is characteristic of ADL.

Note: I was suffering from a viral infection during the interview and the Principal who took the interview went out of his way to make me feel comfortable during the interview

Interview Questions

• Case Study: Deciding on the location of an airport   Answer Question
    • Case Study: Deciding future course of action for a radio station in India   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

Above average process, however inabaility to uncover creative and analytical skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dont accept unless your happy with the salary, bonuses are poor as company is nor doing well and very political on bonuses

Analyst / Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (New York, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

Begins with campus/phone interviews, usual to discuss background and a short case. If successful, you get called into the office for in-person interviews. It starts with a group presentation, where you speak about your qualifications and fit to several employees. Then it moves on to 3-4 one-on-one interviews, where it is again about your experience as well as a case. Types of cases very among interviews.

Interview Questions

• Some of the cases were more difficult than others, but the hardest ones required more quantitative analysis.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little in June 2017.

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews. 1 Hour Each. Each interview comprised of 15 mns behavioral/technical questions, 40 mns Case Study and last 5 mns wrap up question. The behavioral questions are generic and I believe that the case makes or breaks your candidature. Prepare the case study well for this interview.

Interview Questions

• How much would you pay for a taxi medallion in NYC?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (Milan (Italy)) in January 2017.

Interview

Evaluation assessment done through group case and results presentation. Average difficulty case, one ADL representative for each group of 5. 45 min total time. No personal feedback, just an overall idea.

Interview Questions

• Present a timeline with the most important action that will be taken   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (Brussels (Belgium)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    First round interview was in three languages (Dutch French and English). The case itself was a market sizing case.
    Second round is somewhat harder. I received a market sizing case again. Second part is a presentation of a case that you solve by yourself. Interviews were though, but nothing out of the ordinary for consulting.
    Third round is an interview with the partners and is more about fit than actually testing you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiqtion on renumeration package.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (Milano (Italy)) in December 2016.

Interview

I only had the chance to be interviewed once but with two different managers.
    First manager: The manager gave a brief presentation of the company and then ask me to introduce myself.
    Some easy but tricky math (ex. divide 29 by 3) that required all the digits after the comma. If you don't say all of them but just round they are going to tell you "you are wrong".
    A brain teaser and a business case. All the questions were actually easy if only you were not in a room with a man starring at you and constantly looking at the clock without saying a syllabe. My advide is: not panic.
    Second manager: again company presentation and my introducion. Then business case. This person was more patient, calm and sympathetic so also the case seemed to be easier.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beirut (Lebanon)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (Beirut (Lebanon)) in November 2016.

Interview

I went through five interviews, three of them were easy and two were relatively hard. Mostly focusing on the way the candidate deals with stress. However, throughout all of the interviews, my interviewers were very helpful and kind. All of the interviews were very positive and a good addition to my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Mostly market entries, sizing, and strategy approaches to expanding and enhancing a business.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews:
    No online Test
    1.Competency Questions + Case Study: How many hairdressers are there in the UK?
    2. Case Study with Partner: How many trains in the London Tube?

• How many beer bottles are currently in circulation in the US?

• Estimate the size of the hand knitting yarn market.

• How many people fly in and out of LaGuardia every day?

• How many gallons of ice cream are sold in the U.S. each year?

• Are there two dogs in the world with the same number of hairs?

Interview Questions

• How many people have mobile phones in London   1 Answer

Another offer