Arthur D. Little Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2018

3.3

Analyst / Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (New York, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

Begins with campus/phone interviews, usual to discuss background and a short case. If successful, you get called into the office for in-person interviews. It starts with a group presentation, where you speak about your qualifications and fit to several employees. Then it moves on to 3-4 one-on-one interviews, where it is again about your experience as well as a case. Types of cases very among interviews.

Interview Questions

• Some of the cases were more difficult than others, but the hardest ones required more quantitative analysis.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little in January 2017.

Interview

There were 2 phone Interviews by 2 Principals from the Office. We had a pleasant one hour conversation, mostly about things that came up in the cover letter. The first one had a brain teaser, and the second one a case study.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview; there were 3 rounds - each involving a bit of HR related questions and one or two case studies or puzzles (listed below). Each interview was conducted very professionally while exuding a strong interpersonal culture that is characteristic of ADL.

Note: I was suffering from a viral infection during the interview and the Principal who took the interview went out of his way to make me feel comfortable during the interview

Interview Questions

• Case Study: Deciding on the location of an airport   Answer Question
    • Case Study: Deciding future course of action for a radio station in India   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

Above average process, however inabaility to uncover creative and analytical skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dont accept unless your happy with the salary, bonuses are poor as company is nor doing well and very political on bonuses

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little in April 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews. First phone interview was with a young associate at the company and consisted of a basic case question. The second phone interview was more extensive and with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise a telecommunications company looking to expand to colleges in the New England area?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little.

Interview

I had two interviews in their office and a case -base interview. The case-base interview was two hours for preparation and 15 mins presentation to everybody in the office

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (Brussels (Belgium)) in February 2011.

Interview

1 st round: 1 case interview (10 min resume, 45 min business case, 5 min Q&A on company, job, work life balance)
    2 nd round: 1 case interview (10 min resume, 45 min business case, 5 min Q&A on company, job, work life balance), 1 presentation interview (45 min preparation of presentation = doing some calculations and making some decisions based on 2 page info, 45 min presentation defence)
    3 rd round: 2 case interviews (10 min resume, 45 min business case, 5 min Q&A on company, job, work life balance)

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little in June 2017.

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews. 1 Hour Each. Each interview comprised of 15 mns behavioral/technical questions, 40 mns Case Study and last 5 mns wrap up question. The behavioral questions are generic and I believe that the case makes or breaks your candidature. Prepare the case study well for this interview.

Interview Questions

• How much would you pay for a taxi medallion in NYC?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews:
    No online Test
    1.Competency Questions + Case Study: How many hairdressers are there in the UK?
    2. Case Study with Partner: How many trains in the London Tube?

• How many beer bottles are currently in circulation in the US?

• Estimate the size of the hand knitting yarn market.

• How many people fly in and out of LaGuardia every day?

• How many gallons of ice cream are sold in the U.S. each year?

• Are there two dogs in the world with the same number of hairs?

Interview Questions

• How many people have mobile phones in London   1 Answer

Another offer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur D. Little (Berlin (Germany)) in August 2012.

Interview

The process was two rounds of one interview each, which I was told was less than the ususal process.
    Each interview was with a manager. Each Interview had a personal component, a case study and a mathematical challenge/market sizing component. Interviews were held in two locations over the course two weeks to accomodate for consultants travel schedule.

Interview Questions

• Cases:
      i) Our client needs to buy new airplane seats. How would you go about realising cost savings in the purchase?   1 Answer
    • Maths:
      How many Taxis are there in city xyz?   1 Answer