Ascend Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ascend Analytics

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascend Analytics (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in for an interview but the employee who interviewed me was very rude and sexist. He continually questioned my education and at one point said "I have a gender gap in this office and you're a woman...". He told me I would be making $15/hour but the office manager (the only woman in the office) told me before the interview that I would be making $25/hour. I highly recommend not working at this company.

Interview Questions

• He asked about my experience, education and coding skills.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Analytics (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Job posting was found on LinkedIn. Applied on the company website. Invited to the interview through email. Was asked to bring updated resume and code samples if possible. It was not a technical interview. Questions were about background, experience, and projects. Interview was conducted in friendly and relaxing manner with VP then hiring manager.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ascend Analytics.

Interview

Submitted resume through college career services website. Got an on-campus interview. There were no technical questions (others who interview that day also confirmed that they weren't asked anything technical), just talked about myself and past experience/projects. He talked about the company.

Interview Questions

• Just asked to talk about myself, my past experiences/projects. He talked about the company.   Answer Question

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ascend Analytics.

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting. Everyone there was really nice. Seems like a good place to work if you like project management and interacting with customers to deploy products and perform training. Got to talk to the CTO, CEO and Director of Services. All really nice people, eager to get to know you in order to make sure that you are a good fit. Everyday job responsibilities for an analyst sounded somewhat stressful. I was told you have to have a personality that performs well under uncertainty and stress.

Interview Questions

• Some basic science and economics questions to make sure you paid attention in college.   Answer Question

Location.

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascend Analytics (Oakland, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

The SVP asked me several common background questions and whether I was familiar with SAS programming. He then gave me an IQ quiz. The quiz was actually composed of one elementary school level and one high school level Olympic question, in math and physics respectively. I completed both in a short time, which was quite impressive to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• what is the sum from 1 to 100?   Answer Question
    • what is the equivalent resistance between two adjacent nodes in an infinite Cartesian grid of resistance of equal value?   Answer Question

Senior Econometrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Analytics (Boulder, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

They emailed me back immediately - within hours. We set up a phone interview, they run like a start so Dr. Dorris said, and I ended up having to be rescheduled multiple times. Once on phone, he asked about resume. He asked about how well I did in school and requests transcripts. After the phone interview he asked me to come in to the office and give a thirty minute presentation. Very broad - about me, and some modeling. They were a casual firm - also in their professionalism. Afterwards I had a meeting with Dr. Dorris (CEO) alone about career opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between linear and logistic regression?   1 Answer
    • Tell me what you know about principal component analysis? How would you use this within SAS. What is there benefit of using PCA?   1 Answer
    • What are the Assumptions of OLS estimators?   Answer Question
    • What types of projects are in your portfolio?   Answer Question
    • What would be an optimal schedule?   Answer Question
    • What certifications do you have or are you striving towards?   Answer Question

Pay

Developer of Risk Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ascend Analytics (Berkeley, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

First interview was with the vice president and with HR at the same time on campus. Fairly straightforward interview. They talked about the company, what the role is about, what I want, what I am interested in. Then the VP asked about a couple of projects I worked on to know my technical side, problem solving skills, what I used to solve the problem. For one of the projects I told him that I used something called the Cholesky decomposition fully expecting him to not really know about it, but he did. He asked what I used it for, I gave him a general answer and the VP actually corrected some parts that I said and even added how it is often used. That really got me excited more about the company as I was finishing up my Statistics degree.

Second interview was over the phone with the president/CEO of the company. He asked REALLY basic math questions like sqrt of 9, to the point where I almost thought it was a trick question. But think maybe it was more of a formality and his interest was more on how I communicate as he commented how he liked how clear I was in how I speak. After that interview, I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Who's the 8th president of the United States?   1 Answer

Senior Econometrician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Analytics in July 2016.

Interview

Phone pre-screening interview. I received email from HR saying that they would like to talk to me for pre-screening of application. I was told that one HR and one operations manager would be present for the interview. I received a call on agreed upon time. However operations manager was not present for the interview process. Only HR who had no technical skills was present for the interview process. Moreover, I was asked questions that were already written on my resume. I believe that they had already selected candidate for the position before "phone interview". That is why operations manager was not present and I was asked trivial questions that were already answered in resume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in Energy Markets ?   1 Answer