Ascend Performance Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Alvin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online after 2 weeks got an email to schedule an interview. In the morning, while I was waiting for the call, the recruiter sent an email stating she did interview me 2 years ago and i'm not a good fit for them. This is very unprofessional, that you wait until last minute to notify me. I give zero star for interview process of this company. So disrespectful, I hope I never come across this company again.

Interview Questions

• Yes, The master mind HR decided not to call me. What if HR change mind last minute not to call you? what do you? I say, WOW, REALLY   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial resume screen with the in-house recruiter followed by a phone interview with hiring manager

Full interview was a half day interview with several business functions such as HR, technical, marketing product managers and sales directors. The interviews were a mix of panel and one on one's where each function probed the skills relevant to their function.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have failed to influence a group, and how did you move forward   Answer Question

Sr. Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Decatur, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter based on my LinkedIn profile. After a phone screen with him, I did a phone screen with the hiring manager. They flew me to the site in Alabama for an interview with 4 people plus a lunch & plant tour with a potential co-worker.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with fouling distillation service?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials.

Interview

Panel style interview, management for the are you work in , along with hr represtitives, along with lead operational employees also. Interviews take about an hr are so minimum . And there will be alot of hypothetical questions that arint very relative to your actual job. Some of the questions will not even be realistic possibilities.

Instrument Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Alvin, TX).

Interview

I initially interviewed with the recruiter / human resource supervisor and following that interview I had another with the i/e engineering lead and the maintenance manager. Both interviews were technical. I was contacted to come on site where I met with HR and other engineers throughout the plant. The overall interview process was very lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to take the lead role in a bad situation?   Answer Question

Field Support Technician Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Alvin, TX).

Interview

Two phone interviews and a whole day interview on 2 different sites in Alvin and Houston. Initial screen with recruiter and the hiring managers was pleasant.

Interviews on site were heavily behavior-based by rather inexperienced recruiters, nothing was based on any technical knowledge which is supposed for this position. Be prepared to answer the same questions over and over again through out the day.

After being offered the job I realized that their background screening process is way too intrusive, prepare to reveal more information than any other company should require. They WILL call ALL your previous employers and ask you to verify salary information by providing W2s. Red flags everywhere.

Unless you are desperate for a job I won't recommend even engaging them. I wish I knew about it before!

Site Operations & Logistics Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Decatur, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with the site leadership team and environmental excellence leader. Visited the site and got a chance to learn about them and discuss my experience. The strong leadership team was very welcoming and demonstrated humility and insightful thought to how they can improve their business. The team was very in touch with what they did well and where they wanted to improve. Their senior leadership showed a strong commitment toward developing talent and investing in the future of the organization. Ascend made my decision a very difficult one, this is clearly an organization committed to success in the future .

Interview Questions

• Discuss how you deal with challenging personalities   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation that you could have changed done better given more information   Answer Question

Ascend Performance Materials Response

Feb 11, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this review. We appreciate that you took the time to provide us with valuable feedback. A positive candidate experience is extremely important to us and we are pleased to hear that you ... More

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials.

Interview

Straight forward but took most of the day. The interviewers were selected from different areas of the plant so it made it difficult to understand whom I would be directly be working with. Everyone was very laid back and made the process simple. The entire process took about 8 hours which seemed a bit much. HR did good job in setting up interview and arranging flight and hotel accommodations for travel.

Interview Questions

• behavioral style questions mixed with personal style interviewing.   Answer Question

Ascend Performance Materials Response

Feb 11, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We thank you for your constructive feedback and welcome you to Ascend!

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Gainesville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied at my University's career fair. Later that afternoon I received a phone call saying that they would like to schedule me for an interview. It was a 2 on 1 interview, one of them was a recent graduate from my university. They asked 4 questions, and they were all typical "tell me about a time when..."

About a week later I received an email saying that they were not extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What was a time where you took action and what were the results of that action?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a day visit to the plant where I met and interviewed with many of the managers across the organization. The visit gave me a great feel for what the company was like. I got a good idea of what my role would be in the organization and what opportunities for advancement there were. They put me up in a nice hotel and encouraged me to explore the area to get a feel for what living there would be like. When I expressed a concern about taking the position, they made every effort to address it and even allowed me to speak with someone from upper management. Very kind, respectful process that made me feel valued before I even joined the company.