Ascend Performance Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ascend Performance Materials Interview Questions

Interviews at Ascend Performance Materials

2.9

Operations Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials.

Interview

Panel style interview, management for the are you work in , along with hr represtitives, along with lead operational employees also. Interviews take about an hr are so minimum . And there will be alot of hypothetical questions that arint very relative to your actual job. Some of the questions will not even be realistic possibilities.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to make a bad situation good.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials.

Interview

After talking to Ascend at a career fair, I was offered a 30 minute interview. The interview had basic behavioral questions and was pretty relaxed. I made sure to ask a lot of questions about the company at the end, and asked about their jobs within the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials.

Interview

interview with a group of people
    number of rounds vary depending upon the position
    Hr and technical interview- on the same day
    Very friendly session
    Mostly Hr questions with may be one or two technical qns

IT Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials.

Interview

Applied online for the IT Systems analyst. Recruiter sent me an email stating I missed an online video interview (which I didn't know was scheduled) and asked why I missed it and if I was still interested in the position. I replied that I may have missed the original video interview request because I was recently displaced by Hurricane Harvey and had limited access to email at that particular time. Followed up a few days later and was told they had already identified finalists for the position.

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Typical setup, such as phone screening by the corporate recruiter, paid overnight trip to Houston with a panel interview in their fancy, Google-looking office, which I found to be a part of smoke and mirror scheme. The job applied was for Director. Few days after the interview was offered a completely different, lower level position. Was told the director role was filled by an "amazing candidate they couldn't pass on", but given my credentials they "absolutely want to hire" me. Strange thing the director job was still posted everywhere. Also, very suspicious goals for the job, extremely short-term targets, which made me think the company stakeholders are trying to paint a pretty picture for potential buyers. Was offered a good salary, rejected as I was interested in leveling up more, and didn't wish to be a part of this fishy management. I later found Glassdoor postings conveying a similar experience with "bait-and-switch" and "fish net" scenarios. What a shame. Cast a wider net and see what fish is caught to later sort it out?

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Alvin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time that you had a difficult technical problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials.

Interview

Phone screening with 21 behavioral and situational questions. I tuned out after I told the HR Generalist my 5 year goal and her response was "....and you think that's going to happen in 5 years?" Well with that attitude, I won't be getting anywhere at Ascend Performance Materials with that kind of leadership and guidance. No thanks.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials in October 2014.

Interview

Had an hour long phone interview with in house recruiter. Wasn't given opportunity to ask any questions about the organization or role. Recruiter was very nice and said next step was to review with hiring manager but was then told that wasn't being passed along as not a fit for company due to its lack of structure/process.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I wanted to share my interview experience for future candidates. Overall I had a very positive experience interviewing with Ascend Performance Materials. From initial phone interview with the recruiter, to follow up phone interview with the Director, to group interviews back to back in person. The recruiter who was my main point of contact through the process was very professional and detailed in all communication. I was clear on the progress of the process, as well, instructions for the in person interviews was very clear. In order to maintain efficiency of time for myself as a candidate as well as the time of the interviewers, I met with five individuals from the team back to back therefore the interviewing occurred within a day. Everyone I met with was very approachable, professional and gave very good insight into what it was like working for Ascend. As I explained to the interviewers, my take on the company was that it was a unique, yet charming organization with it's depth of history however young existence. I think Ascend would be a great place to work for anyone who appreciates having the autonomy to be creative in an environment which fosters the mentality of thinking outside the box to better the organization.

Interview Questions

• One of the more difficult questions I was asked was "name a mistake you have made in the workplace." It was personally difficult for me to recall on particular example.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials in September 2014.

Interview

Process included a couple of phone interviews as well as face to face interviews with both HR and Operations Directors. Process was pretty fluid and quick but responses were slow at times. Recruiter was very knowledgeable and personable. Experience was overall a good experience and I think this is a solid up and coming HR organization with very good leadership.

Interview Questions

• Standard history questions. Using S.T.A.R. Responses worked adequately.   Answer Question