Ascensus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Retirement Plan Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

First is a basic phone screening 30-45 mins. Go over general background questions and your resume. If passed you then move into a panel interview with managers and members of the talent acquisition team. Several back to back behavioral questions. Make sure to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client or customer?   Answer Question
    • What would you say are your strengths/ what skills do you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascensus (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University and got a campus interview. It was a regular, routine behavioral interview. They asked basic questions about myself, about my resume and experience, and my interests inside and outside of development.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ascensus (Dresher, PA).

Interview

There was phone screening followed by an onsite interview.And there was HR call ,went through some behavioral questions and salary negotiation.And I got offer after 2 weeks of my interview.

Interview Questions

• They gave me simple C# program to write and asked the questions on the same program I wrote and they asked went through my resume and tried to get the details about my previous project and education and all details.and some basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Horsham, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen, followed by an in person interview.

The recruiter called me with an offer which I accepted. I filled out the background check and waited....

Called the recuiter....

and waited....

and called the recruiter....

and waited....

Three weeks later, the recruiter was finally able to talk to someone and they said that they have rescinded the offer. They gave me absolutely no reason why.

To make me wait for weeks and then give no reason. This is extremely unprofessional, and a total waste of my time and energy.

I emailed the hiring manager and called the HR representative several times and nobody would respond to me.

The only thing that I wanted was a reason. I have a very common name, and there was another woman who lived in my zip code who was arrested for prostitution. Did her information come back with the background check? Is it possible that they had given out an offer to me only to find a "better" candidate and decide to give out another offer? Do they have a reputation for doing that? Who knows? It is a complete disservice to me and offensive that they didn't at least give me a reason.

I sincerely wish that I hadn't trusted them.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascensus (Tucson, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

it was a long process. I applied online in December, got the first phone screening in January, and the second phone interview 2 weeks later was more detailed. Finally I had the face to face interview yesterday. I spoke with 3 different people. They were all cool. I spoke with a supervisor, then the VP, and then the HR specialist who asked if I wanted an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stressful situations?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascensus (Dresher, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a brief 15 minute preliminary interview, followed by a face to face interview that was brief and straight to the point. It was a group panel and the interview lasted about 30-40 minutes

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral interview questions and application questions. They are only interested in past experience that pertains to the current role you're applying for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ascensus (Dresher, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to setup a 30-45 minute phone interview a few days later.

The job description lists "Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience" as a requirement. I think that this is a bit misleading for college graduates because during the interview I found out that this is a customer service representative position.

Interview Questions

• The salary (which is in the high 30's) was addressed within the first 5 minutes of the interview. I expected to hear more about the position before discussing the salary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Dresher, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

You will interview with three people, a supervisor, a manager, and a director. You may also meet with an HR rep. They ask you the basic interview questions and will hire just about anyone in this call center role. They may tell you that you're managing a book of business to make you believe it's not a call center, it is. You will have your 80-100 clients plus help other peers clients when they are out. They may mention work/life balance with having the ability to work from home. You will get this benefit after a year in your role and it's one day a week. Ask for a tour of where you might be working before you end the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize two clients that need your attention?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brainerd, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Brainerd, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

It was pretty easy, two phone interviews and one in person interview. They don't ask any out of the box questions, very predictable. The first phone interview was with an HR Representative and the second was with two of the department supervisors. The last one they pulled in a director of the department and another supervisor - the last one lasted about 10 minutes. It was all fairly simple.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ascensus in March 2018.

Interview

Let me first say that I am extremely glad that I did NOT work here. If you look up the word “disorganized” in the dictionary, Ascencus will be a synonym. Absolutely ridiculous experience with them.
    I started by sending in my resume, which anyone with half a brain would be able to look at and determine that my skills are 100% aligned with the job description.
    I received an email from the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) immediately after I sent in the resume and a “phone screening” was scheduled for the following week. As far as I could tell, the screening went well. Afterwards I was told that the head of the department would contact me. Instead, THREE more TAS’s contacted me to schedule a phone screening. I told each of them that I had already had the screening and was waiting to speak to the head of the department. That put a bad taste in my mouth right there.
    Fast forward about a month – I had the interview with the department manager and was told by the TAS that it went well and was asked to take a Wonderlic exam.
    Fine, no problem. However, this exam is RIDICULOUS. You have 8 minutes to answer 30 questions, none of which has ANYTHING to do with the position for which I am applying. Let me ask you - have you ever worked for a company where you had to calculate benefits for someone in less than a minute? What a stupid test! Unless you are a brain surgeon or an airline pilot, you are never going to be required to make quick calculations like this! Not to mention, It has been proven that a good percentage of highly intelligent people also have what is called test anxiety. I am one of those people. I do not think I did poorly on the exam, but I am sure I did not do as well as I could have if given enough time to think through the questions without being thrown into a panic.
    I may not be a member of Mensa, but believe me, I am definitely sharp enough to perform the duties of this job. I do not need the pressure of an exam to prove that.
    In any case, I was told I would be contacted if the results were up to par. Three weeks went by. No word. I sent an email to the TAS and asked for some sort of follow up, whether good or bad, just let me know if I am still being considered. NOTHING. Not a word. RUDE!!! Extremely unprofessional and a real slap in the face.
    If this is how they treat people, I am glad I did not make the grade. However, I am still skeptical that I did poorly on the exam. I felt confident about my performanceafter taking it.
    Bottom line is, if this is their typical treatment of candidates, no wonder they have so many positions open. I am disgusted that I let this company waste 3 months of my time and cause me for one second to question my worth. I have never had to jump through hoops for a job before, especially an entry-level position. I am just floored. Extremely negative experience.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ascensus (Dresher, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one 30 minute Technical phone screen and a one hour panel interview with the director, project manager, and tech manager. In the tech screen, we reviewed code and I was given a few coding tests. I was also given a small programming problem to solve in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a salary that was fair for the current market value.