Ascensus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Retirement Plan Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I was contacted almost immediately for a phone screening. The follow-up interview only took another 1-1.5 weeks to have. I was offered the position within 2 weeks of the in-person interview.

Unlike other interviews I've had, this one was very personable and relaxed. It almost seemed like I could give no wrong answer. I'd best put it as old colleagues meeting up for coffee and chatting about their career accomplishments.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ascensus (Dresher, PA).

Interview

Straight forward phone interview then 2 in person. Word of caution- when asked what your salary expectations are be very careful with your response. They will hold you to it and leave no room for negotiations.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascensus.

Interview

Interviewed by senior actuary and another employee. Asked simple questions about me. Also asked if I had any questions about the job. Seemed more like a get to know me session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something I won’t about you from looking to you’re resume   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ascensus (Newton, MA) in August 2019.

Interview

Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant set up HR phone screen the day after receiving my resume, which reflects my Scrum Master experience with QA background. He asked about my background and size of teams I led and I summarized what is on my resume. He then asked if I knew about Ascensus and I told him what I knew. We discussed the role and company culture. Normal stuff. Until he asked salary requirement, and after I told him his tone changed abruptly and he said that was too high. He got kinda hostile and made snide comments about the horrible experience they've had hiring people as Scrum Masters with a QA background and mumbled something about next steps and ended the call.

I was floored and disgusted at his unprofessional behavior so immediately sent the following email:

"Hi X,

Based on your comments in today's phone screen I've decided I'm not interested in moving forward with the Scrum Master position.

It struck me as odd that you would schedule an interview after reviewing my background as a QA Analyst then Scrum Master, and proceed to complain about the bad experiences you've had hiring Scrum Masters with QA backgrounds. Perhaps your derisive tone was a preliminary salary negotiation tactic. Or maybe that's how you treat all candidates.

In any case, you make a very bad impression for your company.

Regards,
    X"

He responded with an apology about how he "came across." Whatever. If he's the face of the company I want nothing to do with that company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.
      Tell me about your project and team size.
      What do you know about our company?
      What are your salary requirements?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascensus (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interactions with HR Recruiter were pleasant and timely from the phone screen to coordinating the interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager lasted 1hr and 15 mins, w. approximately 10 "tell me about a time when" STAR questions. Hiring Manager advised 2nd round interviews would be scheduled within two weeks and to follow up with HR with any questions. Waited two weeks, contacted HR, several days later received a reply from HR very apologetic regarding delay, still reviewing candidates and will be in touch. Three weeks later, accepted the fact no 2nd round interview would be extended and received no response to email requesting feedback on interview i.e. constructive criticism/areas for improvement.

I would have rated the overall experience positive had I not been GHOSTED and at minimum received a reply even if it were a generic auto rejection email. I expected a response good/bad at the very least after multiple telephone conversations and email communications leading up to the interview. My advice to HR, very UNPROFESSIONAL. Do a better job of treating candidates with the same respect you would hope to receive if the tables were turned.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Newton, MA) in June 2019.

Interview

it took me 2 weeks to process.
    Overall, really bad impression on that company. They made 1 round interview which was good. they contacted with me again and invited me video interview. Since it was close where I live now, I put this higher priority than other my opportunities. 1 hour before the interview I got a call saying we are not hiring now. I have never seen this kind of joke in my life. When I said it will be a little bit professional if you could tell me a day in advance, he said I found it right now. This is not a organization. it is a place where people sit and play around with professional people wasting their time. I applied to SDET, hr sending my email for interview confirmation saying this is for Software Engineer role. They do not know even what they want. they should respect the people. It seems like they have a lot of time to play around with people. So stay away from there!

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Newton, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

their talent acquisition found me on linkdeln and sent me the job description. Next step was his manager called me and made quick phone screening. he told me he impressed and would like to move forward. the video interview settled up. I hold on my other opportunities and waited the interview since it was scheduled. on the day of the interview , one hour before the interview starting time, I got a call and simply said: we are not hiring anymore. What a joke company ))) They do not know what they want. I was too busy that did not look company reviews, but then I found that they are always hiring, which means not a stable organization. It seemed to me that they do not have proper communication between them. When I said it will be in a professional way if you could give me at least a day before, they said we have found it today ) I have been in industry around 7 years and never heard this kind of joke)))

ERISA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brainerd, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ascensus (Brainerd, MN) in May 2019.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter - then went in the next week for an interview. Was given no timeline and have reached out to recruiter and have not heard back. Very unprofessional to not respond, would not recommend wasting your time.

Retirement Service Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascensus.

Interview

Initial phone interview that was a screening for a networking event to then have face to face interviews and be considered for the position. The latter interviews were for over a month from when the initial phone screening took place since they are growing and have to prepare the physical space for more people.

Retirement Plan Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascensus (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

First is a basic phone screening 30-45 mins. Go over general background questions and your resume. If passed you then move into a panel interview with managers and members of the talent acquisition team. Several back to back behavioral questions. Make sure to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client or customer?   Answer Question
    • What would you say are your strengths/ what skills do you bring to the team?   Answer Question