Ascensus Reviews

2.9
Ascensus President and CEO David Musto
David Musto
Pros
Cons
  • "Limited if any real job training, low pay scale and well below annual salary increases(in 10 reviews)

• "Very poor upper management - don't care about their employees(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dresher, PA

I have been working at Ascensus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Operating committee is very transparent and communicative. Frequent updates on the status of the company. Lots of opportunities for learning. Within Marketing, culture allows for experimentation, failure isn't punished, it's viewed as a learning experience. Good amount of PTO, with option to purchase more. Decent benefits. Company has been responding well to the coronavirus pandemic, allowing all to work from home if the job allows, emphasizing employee wellness, and the leadership team took several financial steps to avoid needing to lay off employees.

Cons

Pay could be better. Some members of management are less open to work at home arrangements than others.

"Glad I Took The Offer!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Retirement Plan Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ascensus full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Solid Monday-Friday hours w/added flexibility to change to your schedule. - Great management team. - Coworkers typically keep to themselves unless you really need to collaborate with them. - My position isn't micromanaged and I'm free to do my job from clock-in to clock-out entirely on my own. I only ask for help when I need it for complex transactions. - Great work/life balance and coworkers are usually there to help whenever you need it. - Amazing opportunities to move up within the company. Since they're growing at a fast/stable rate, new higher-up positions are opening at a great pace. - I can see myself being here for several years if not a decade or more.

Cons

- Older population of coworkers can get a little snobby & refuse to answer your questions/train you well. Sometimes they'll even pin that on you. - Directors are overpaid to just be a figurehead. When deadlines approach (i.e. for 5500's) they will tell you to work more, without helping out. - They need more healthcare options though there are adequate choices already. - Work can get boring, BUT it's great for those who like predictable days/tasks. - Pay could be better and slightly above market average especially due to the responsibility we have with handling someone else's funds.

3. "Nice people"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dresher, PA

I worked at Ascensus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, they try to recognize employees, ethical management good time off package

Cons

401k plans are complicated to learn and companies do not take ownership of their end of the responsiblity

4. COVID-19

"Good overall"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Ascensus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to advance, No working weekends, good PTO setup,

Cons

Opportunity isn't always going to be fair, Gotta build connections/ about who you know, Business Casual Dress code, Pro active with COVID-19 and work from home

"Poorly ran company"

1.0
    Current Employee - Mail Operations Representative

I have been working at Ascensus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Job is easy for the most part, decent amount of PTO, not a bad place to work if you just need a job. Some managers are good and actively try to do their best.

Cons

So many things. Management does not carry through with promises, the same complaints are made over and over with rarely a solution being initiated. Majority of the technology is very out of date and creates unnecessary extra work and frustrations. Ascensus keeps bringing in new plans but barely makes an effort to adequately staff. They do not care how many hours you have to work as long as the work gets done, you will be expected to and in some instances, required to work mandatory overtime. For at least two months out of the year you are required to work 6 days a week, coming in at 7 AM on Saturdays, expect to be required to work a minimum of 50-60 hours a week. You will not be given a transparent or honest description of the job or culture when you interview. HR is useless. Couldn't even be bothered to provide instructions on how to access the building I interviewed in or what floor the company was even on, nor where or how to park in a busy downtown neighborhood. Interviewer was 15 minutes late to their own interview. No secretary or receptionist to answer the door. There is low morale and little communication between departments which makes everyones job harder. Poorly trained call center reps who don't know what they are telling clients. If you work the night shift, expect to stay late three to four times a week, you will never know exactly what time you are getting off because the mail volume changes everyday. Again, none of this will be told to you in an interview. Those who work hard will barely be recognized, if at all.

Continue reading

"Worst Management, Worst Atmosphere, Worst Pay, Worst Place To Work"

1.0
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Ascensus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zero! I can not think of one good things to say about this employer.

Cons

Poor management. Poor decision making, Poor pay, No room for advancement unless you are part of the preferred people club. Management does not care about their employees or their clients. They only care about themselves. If you need a job and you're absolutely desperate. Take the job at least its a paycheck. Anything more than a paycheck you will not receive from this garbage company.

Continue reading

"Culture of trust is going away after many merger"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Newton, MA

I worked at Ascensus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Perks and work-life balance

Cons

Loyalty is the main reason you get the promotion

8. "Great Workplace"

Current Employee - Installation Coordinator in Brainerd, MN

I have been working at Ascensus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits, Pay is Fair, Great Leadership Team

Cons

More recognition could be given

"frustrating position"

Current Employee - Service Consultant in Dresher, PA

I have been working at Ascensus full-time for less than a year

Pros

most people are genuinely good - and often times, very good at what they do

Cons

extremely challenging to find answers, or best procedure to follow. leadership makes lots of changes/decisions, but dont take into account the effect it will have on our position

"Growing company"

Current Employee - Associate in Newton, MA

I have been working at Ascensus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very meaningful purpose by helping people save for education, retirement and healthcare. Still small enough that every job has a big impact.

Cons

Benefits are not great. Pay needs to be more competitive. Becoming more corporate. Changed a lot in the last 5 years since I've been here.

Found 205 reviews