Ascent (Missouri) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Ascent (Missouri) Interview Questions

Interviews at Ascent (Missouri)

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ascent (Missouri) (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

I met with, and was screened by, the HR director. I subsequently met with the Sr. VP of Engineering and the Engineering manager to whom I would potentially be assigned.

Interview Questions

• Who were your former employers? What experience do you have and what are your skills? What were your previous job assignments? What salary do you expect?   Answer Question

Data Center Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascent (Missouri) (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2019.

Interview

Worst experience ever in my 30 year career. STAY AWAY from this company the leadership has poor judgment, poor interviewing skills and they try to make you feel like you have no skill level. They are demeaning and rude. I instantly turned the interview around and informed them I was no longer interested. This is NOT a company or the kind of leadership you want to work for in general. They have a lot to learn I couldn't say this enough.

Interview Questions

• With regard to Ascent they have bad current employee reviews, the interview process was not a good experience very demeaning in my perspective on how it was handled and the responses. As an example I was asked a question and responded to clarify that question so I could answer it correctly and was told I was overthinking it. I was also asked a question and I was thinking about how to answer it and was told it was a simple one word answer. It continued as such and a very rude and unprofessional experience. It is not a company or person I would want to work for or report too based on this experience alone. There were also other concerns such as the facts and responsibilities of the job overall. These people try to pressure you like you know nothing, don't fall for it or waste your time, walk away better companies out there. They are small time players with a lot to learn.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascent (Missouri) (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Very Informal. I was called to come in for a 1:1 Interview. Everyone seemed very laid back. Talked about my past experience and where is see myself going. We also talked deeply about what ascent does. I called and emailed and never heard anything about the position.

Interview Questions

• Please talk about your past experience and how it will be an asset for Ascent   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ascent (Missouri) (Maryland Heights, MO).

Interview

Candidates have to go through a staffing agency to apply. I almost gave on the interview because the staffing agency could barely seem to get one scheduled after several weeks.

Interviewer and staffing agency deliberately underplayed certain undesirable aspects of the position. I was completely mislead about what my job would entail. Very unethical.

The interview was fast, and they pretty much offered me the job right away. It became apparent quickly that they're desperate for workers due to high turnover.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience in this industry, or with any of the applications that we use?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ascent (Missouri) (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Lots of questions about your experience in customer service and why you want the position. From what i could tell, it didnt matter what you answered, the turnover is so bad, if you apply, you will probably get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascent (Missouri) (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2018.

Interview

I was hired after one phone and one in person interview. I worked for about a week before I got a call saying that they didn't think I was the right fit. Not sure how they came to that conclusion.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what interested me about the position   1 Answer