Asia Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.6

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asia Society (New York, NY).

Interview

Very pleasant, professional, yet relaxed, as I have already been working as intern with the hiring manager. Manager was helpful in clarifying duties and responsibilities of the job and in explaining the compensation package; she also conveyed a passion and dedication for the mission, which ultimately motivated me to accept the offer, despite the compensation being lower than my expectation.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Asia Society in May 2016.

Interview

Sent in resume, cover letter and writing sample via email, was asked back for a Skype interview. Interview went ok, but heard back a few days later that I hadn't been chosen. Interviewer was polite, on-time and pleasant. Mostly asked questions relating to my own background, with a bit about the internship.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Asia Society (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied a few months after graduating from university, with pre-existing knowledge of the organization and their work. Internships are offered for eight offices under the umbrella of the Asia Society in New York, they do not require too many pre-existing skills. However, you must demonstrate some existing familiarity with Asia, or demonstrate a keen interest in the region. In addition to the resume and cover letter, Asia Society requires applicants to fill in a form with two references. There is also a phone interview and an in-person interview at the headquarters. I accepted the 'volunteer' position, unpaid.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with our organization? If so, please describe to me what it is you think we do.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asia Society (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer first asked me to briefly introduce my background, then he specifically asked about one of my previous internship experience. Based on my description on that company, he asked me if I think their business strategy would work and how I can improve it.
    After the interview, they also asked me to write a proposal on a given program and deliver within 2 days.

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Asia Society.

Interview

Delayed, no communication, missed key interview with key manager. From first interview to offer: 5 months. Unclear job description, questions unanswered on management, process, systems. 4 persons before me since 2010. Unclear goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Lengthy, no decision process.

Global Initiatives Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Asia Society in June 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview. Basic questions about resume and why I would like to work at Asia Society. Spoke with 2 people on the phone and was asked at the end of the interview to complete a small project within the following two days to determine whether I would be a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asia Society (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, sent my resume along with a cover letter. Within a week, I had a phone interview with someone from the team I applied for. After another week, l had a in-person interview with the same person who interviewed me over the phone. The interview was basically going through my resume and relevant previous experiences. Nothing too hard and unexpected.

Content Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asia Society.

Interview

Interviews asked standard questions going through profile and talked about fit with job responsibilities. The first one ended up being a relatively lengthy conversation, perhaps little more than an hour. Overall process was incredibly slow though, and the communication (and often lack of) throughout sent up lots of red flags for me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out, it was all standard ones related to the role.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Asia Society.

Interview

The interview was short around 30 minutes and relatively easy. We just went through my resume and what I would be doing there. She asked the regular questions that you'd expect. Past internships and such. She offered me the internship position right after and said that I could start the next day.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Asia Society.

Interview

Generally questions re. my experience as written on resume. The interview process was as to be expected, not too difficult or surprising. May want to know about the programs that they have run and if you have attended them. Try to attend programs and any groups they sponsor to show knowledge. Talk about why/enthusiasm for the organization