Asplundh Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Asplundh Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

1.2

Groundsman Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Asplundh.

Interview

phone call, stop by and you are hired. they just keep stressing safety. work safely but hurry up. only care about safety so they do not have to spend any money if u get hurt.

Tree Trimmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Asplundh (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Online application before getting interview and paper application.
    Interview is conducted by the general forman that you will be working for. Asks if you have had any experance doing tree work, worked or familiar with chainsaws and lifts. Then basicly see if you have enough common sence to do the job. followed by a few training videos.

Interview Questions

• Can you or have you ever used a chainsaw?   1 Answer

Off Road Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Asplundh (Denver, CO).

Interview

I found the specific region on the Asplundh website, contacted via email. I was contacted back and interviewed the next day. Interview was very professional, done by the Regional Supervisor and consisted of behavioral questions as well as work experience. I had nine years experience in the industry prior. The interview went really well, these guys in CO are very professional, and I look forward to many years of success with Asplundh.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation at work when someone was doing something that wasn't safe. & how did you handle?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a valid DL?   Answer Question
    • Do you mind travel? Ex. The off-road crew requires travel, due to Eq   Answer Question
    • Can you handle working four tens?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations where fair. I really appreciated the fact that this was an option.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Asplundh (Concord, NH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 5 minutes with a general foreman. I was told I was hired as long as I could pass a drug test. The only other concern was being able to get a CDL at some point.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a drug test and is your license valid?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Asplundh (Tulsa, OK) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewing consisted of calling into the local office and they set a time in the morning to meet me. The interview was sitting in a room with three managers asking general questions of my past work experiences.... after being asked to leave the room for all of 2 minutes they decided to offer me a planner position.... and the rest was paperwork, a drug test, submitting to a background check and then being told when to show up for training.

Interview Questions

• In my case there was no difficult questions.. basically if you can fog a mirror,, they will hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation,, either your in or out.

Flagger Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Asplundh in June 2012.

Interview

There is no interview process. Just show up with a resume and pass a U/A. Your on-the-job training starts the first day. The interview process on-the-job is whether or not you can be a minion and just take the verbal abuse, harassment, and retaliation up the "'ole tail pipe."

Interview Questions

• Do you get along well with men, loud noises, and can stand.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It is take it or leave it. If you try to negotiate, you will be met with retaliation from management.

Tree Removal Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Asplundh in June 2012.

Interview

There was not one, I filled out an application and was hired. It was a little strange to be honest because I thought there would have been more to it. I mean I did have to take a drug test but that was really it for the most part.

Flagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Asplundh (Salem, OR) in June 2012.

Interview

There was no real interview. I was handed a phone and told to talk to this person because she needed flaggers. I was emailed the standard new hire packet to electronically fill out but hyperlinks were broken, some pages didn't upload, and I asked for an employee manual. I asked three times for an employee manual and was never given one. Was told I didn't need it.

Interview Questions

• Can you drive and do you have a vehicle.   1 Answer

Groundman/Tree Trimmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pikeville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Asplundh (Pikeville, KY) in December 2011.

Interview

I talked with a General foreman for about 20 minutes, and maybe 5 minutes was about the job. Very unprofessional.

Negotiation

I was told what I would get paid, and to take it or leave it.

Groundsman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Asplundh in January 2011.

Interview

Everything is done online just about but the main thing they want to know is if you can pass a drug test. The first thing they did when I showed up to the lot was hand me a cup to pee in.

Interview Questions

• There isn't a real concern about questions. Mainly if you have a pulse and can handle labor then you have a shot.   Answer Question
    • Can you pass a drug test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always ask for more opportunities and responsibilities