Associated Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Materials (Cuyahoga Falls, OH).

Interview

Applied online through Indeed. Began with a video interview. Asked a few questions then you were given an allotted time to answer. Next had to answer a personality test and skills related test to see if you are a fit in the organization. After this moved to in person panel interview with a few tours on site. The whole process took roughly one month. Response from the in-person interview was very quick. Very friendly, actually had a presentation about the program, detailed tours and I left with all my questions answered. Actually felt the interview panel was prepared so I wasn't being asked the same questions or being fact-checked on my resume in the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you grew as an individual during your college years.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Materials (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

3-1/2 hour interview with four people - all very nice. Very little feedback and was left hanging after the in person interview was conducted. Had to follow up multiple times over the following two weeks to see the progress/status

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used your knowledge of the company to answer a question   Answer Question

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Associated Materials (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a video interview (like Skype only nobody on other end), then a phone interview with recruiter. Lastly, there was a group interview at OH HQ lasted about 6 hours and included going to a supply center, plant walkthrough and 4 1/2 hour interviews with multiple people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, just signed a contract with set amount of money and benefits.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Associated Materials (Cuyahoga Falls, OH).

Interview

I got an email asking me to call them at a certain time and day. I called twice and no one answered or even called me back. I sent them an email and got no response either. Not sure what the point was of even setting a day and time when they don't pick up

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Associated Materials in June 2016.

Interview

Typical HR BS phone interview with no understanding what the posted job requirements were versus candidates credentials. Gave the impression that high turnover is the normal condition and that they are okay with it!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kinston, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Associated Materials (Kinston, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy interview . I had been doing the job already so my work was able to speak for itself. I had many years of military experience. It was a casual interview

RPG - AS400 Programmer Analyst - Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Associated Materials (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

The smoothest and quickest phone interview process ever. Great communication and feedback. Submitted online application on Saturday, contacted by a Recruiter on Monday to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well, the Recruiter was very pleasant and polite. Questions were standard. I was also asked about my current salary and my salary expectations. At the end she informed me that they were looking for more of a RPG programmer than an as400 analyst and that she was not sure if I was the best fit, but that she would let me know either way. The next day I received an e-mail informing me that they have decided to proceed with another candidate.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Materials.

Interview

This company has Video Interview (not Skype, phone) as the first step of interview processing. You need to record your answer to their questions and there is time limit for each question.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Materials (Cuyahoga Falls, OH).

Interview

Brief interview with HR supervisor discussed resume and waited for when the production manager was ready. Production manager provided plant tour and then meet with plant manager and they ask resume and lean manufacturing questions then talked about the company. Didn't get to interact with the shop floor associates and each interviewer ask if your comfortable working with hourly that don't speak English and if your able to communicate efficiently to them.

Interview Questions

• Read resume and talked about yourself and what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Associated Materials in February 2013.

Interview

Sat down with multiple interviewers and was asked a vast array of questions. Then went on a plant tour with a person in the program, followed by a lunch meeting with 2 current employee's.

Interview Questions

• if you were put into a tough situation how would you handle it   Answer Question