Astellas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2016

2.7

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Astellas (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Screening call with a recruiter who was less knowledgable about the job and just typed my responses to some key questions. Then a brief phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an all-day face-to-face interview. I've heard it's common to have an eight hour interview schedule with them. Bring water even though they offer some. The water they give is room temp, and they don't sell bottled water anywhere in the building. They should work in at least one break and some time to eat. If they schedule lunch with an interviewer you're meeting for the first time, ask if they can work 15min in to eat and recharge. It's not ideal to answer interview questions between bites. And after talking all morning, you'll be hungry.

Interview Questions

• When I'm debriefing with the other interviewers and we're identifying our top picks, what can I say sets you apart from the rest?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your job history and what brought you to this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was flexible with my start date. I was satisfied with the offer and didn't need to negotiate.

Medical Affairs Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Astellas (Telephone, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called by ADP (Automatic Data Processing). The call was recorded. The vendor was unable to answer any questions, knew nothing about the company, and was working from a checklist of questions. Two weeks after the interview I was told that the job was no longer available, by email. The entire process was completely impersonal. I scheduled my interview online after being prompted by an email.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas (Northbrook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, but well organized. Interviewers were friendly, knowledgeable. Good culture, great benefits.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas (Northbrook, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a bit disorganized, took a long time to go through process and find dates. Conflicting feedback and at times no feedback while waiting to hear something

Senior Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas (Northbrook, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

6 people interview; executive medical director, marketing/commercial team member/ HR/project manager/another medical director
    no unexpected questions

Interview Questions

• Standard question although could not connect with marketing team member   Answer Question

Manufacturing Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astellas (Norman, OK) in May 2012.

Interview

During the interview process i was asked about my prior experience in manufacturing pharmaceuticals. I was then asked if i felt i was qualified for the job. I was asked what experience i have in a production environment, and if i had made any accomplishments at my prior job

Research and Development Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Astellas in October 2009.

Interview

This was the initial screening and the woman was pleasant and thoroughly interested in what I had to say. She answered all of my questions and her questions were not "cookie-cutter" questions. She scheduled me for a interview with the Hiring Manager on the spot.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Astellas in August 2016.

Interview

Very long recruitment process. I got an offer and while we finally agreed with the Sr Director regarding salary and permanent contract, Human resources offered a totally different contract term. This made me feel frustrated and painted bad picture for the company itself. This is another classic story of Human Resources make a candidate to run away. I didn’t accept the offer because of the Human Resources team.

Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Astellas (Chertsey, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone / Interview

I had an interview - AND HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING SINCE!!! How very rude, I applied for a role, had the telephone interview and then the f:f, had a phone call asking me to make contact which I do twice and have heard nothing since - how very rude!

Also, there's something no quite right with the HR department/process, the job that was advertised and the job description I was sent didn't seem to match up with the interview I was in - how odd is that, and confusing for the candidate.

Oh, and prior to the interview you are asked to take a PPA (Personal Profile Assessment) - it's very intrusive - get a grip guys, people are after a job, not to have Astellas literally in their head!!

Country Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Astellas (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in October 2013.

Interview

It was began by introducing my self and the skills and experience related to the job title and then to evaluate my knowledge about pharma market in my country,then a series of situational questions in order to evaluate my flexibility towards unplanned situation.

Interview Questions

• Why we should select you for this position?   1 Answer