Athena Capital Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Athena Capital Research Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Athena Capital Research

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Athena Capital Research.

Interview

It was an hour long, mostly culture fit interview (first 30-40 minutes or so). The remaining time was spent with consulting-type questions to see how you think. It was me and two others, both very nice. They asked to give confidence intervals for estimations.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Athena Capital Research (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

In person 20mins, online coding. Rejected after the coding one.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Athena Capital Research (New York, NY).

Interview

There were several stages to the interview. I first had a two-on-one interview after our Fall Career Fair, a two-hour remote coding task in C++, and day-long onsite in New York. The onsite lasted about five hours, and consisted of several one-on-one interviews with about 5 engineers and their HR rep.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to implement a couple of sorts (insertion and merge are all I can remember) on the whiteboard.   Answer Question
    • Given a graph of a stock price over time, write an algorithm that finds the best time to buy and the best time to sell if you can only buy and sell once.   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Athena Capital Research (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Called me at time. Mostly brain teasers. Didn't ask much about the resume.

Interview Questions

• X(t) follows BM. Prob of both X(T) and X(2T) larger than 0.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Athena Capital Research (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

4 technical interviews with short breaks. C++ basics, data structures, threading questions
    HR not very organized

Interview Questions

• Design a thread pool, threaded queue, any threaded resource producer/consumer structure   Answer Question
    • Various C++ mechanics - inheritance, points, memory, vtables. Basic knowledge questions.   Answer Question
    • Implement set operations : union, difference, etc   Answer Question