Attivio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Attivio

2.5

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Attivio in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter. The only advice I can give is that the recruiter who I had the phone call with needs a lot more experience in interviewing. Couldn't describe the basic details of the job and what I would be doing.

We both saw that I would not be a fit for this position so luckily no time was wasted on either end.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Attivio (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, then phone screening with recruiter, then asked to take a simple Java test. After the test, I was called for an onsite interview I was informed there will be 2 on-site interviews of which the 2nd one would be more technical.

I went for the first round, had to meet with three people, first with HR Director which went great. The 2nd one was with a Manager who for some reason seemed pretty cold like she was doing me a favor by speaking with me. Her questions were very vague in my experience and when I tried to answer them she kept on giving me this look like 'Okay...that's not satisfactory..'. It's like from the moment she walked in the room I could see that impressing her was not an option.
    Next was the interview with a principle engineer, while the interview went pretty well and he was actually very interactive and nice, in the end when I asked him a few questions about the position, the kind of work that I would be doing if selected, what tools they used, etc, his answers were very vague, like there were no specific processes that were being followed, like nobody knew what the person in this position would actually be doing and I think he understood that he wasn't sure what to tell me so he just kept on blabbering irrelevant stuff that really made no sense for a good few minutes. When asked about the day to day responsibilities or how a week would look like for a person in this job or basically what I would be doing....his answer was "ummm....java stuff"

After a week received an email from the recruiter saying they weren't moving forward because I don't have enough experience. It was a junior, entry level position. I expected a better feedback because I was more than qualified and experienced as per their job description.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Attivio (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview before having a chat over coffee with the hiring manager. Then there was a series of interviews with various team members. I went through a background check and submitted references before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe programs you've developed in past jobs.   1 Answer

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Attivio (Boston, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

The first process is a telephone interview. The main propose is to know more about the candidates. He wanted to know if you are the best fit. The employer asked about my relevant experience, and the responsibilities in last job.

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Attivio (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews
    1 online Java test
    Onsite 5 rounds - mostly discussion of related projects and behavioral type. 1 technical Q (mostly Java, could be SQL)
    Very friendly HR

Good company with very warm people and great potential to grow.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Attivio (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial technical screen via phone. Very basic programming questions followed by a coding exercise to be submitted online, and ultimately a powerpoint presentation on a project you've worked on before.

Interview Questions

• What are some data structures you use? How do they work?
      Why doesn't Java allow a class to extend multiple super classes?
      What are some concerns around growing collections during the life of an application? How do you increase heap memory?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Attivio (Newton, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager, two rounds of onsite interviews, personality assessment test; HR was one of the harder interviews, as they were looking hard at cultural fit

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Attivio (Newton, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

The process was very fast, I was first contacted by the HR manager for a brief behavioral interview. Nothing unexpected, the gentleman was extremely easy to talk to and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say, which was great. After the interview he informed me that I'd be having a second interview with the director of the finance team. The second interview was conducted over Skype, and was also mostly behavioral. We discussed some common Excel problems, but else than that it was very simple.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Attivio (Newton, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Tough to crack but good preparation and confidence helps. Balanced combination of technical knowledge and interpersonal skills help. Focus on Java especially performance tuning and expert level knowledge of Linux is required. Hadoop and big data experience is an added bonus.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Attivio (Newton, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

First I received a call from the office manager and had a phone interview. Next I had an interview at the Newton office where I met the Business Development Manager and then met with a current employee. After that I was called in for another interview where I had interviews with the VP of Marketing, the CMO and the HR Director.

After accepting the position and talking with coworkers, it seemed as though a phone interview and one in person interview was the norm, rather than two.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about school, strengths/weaknesses, why I want to work here.   Answer Question